Another Preview - in German but....

Achtung Baby! What's up with that Blue on Blue at the beginning of the flic? cool.gif

____

Ich auch...new content/features is always a plus, as long as they have spent as much (hopefully more) time optimizing the current engine.

TBH, I was never an Arma fan, had Arma 1 for so long, never really played it. Felt let down with Arma 2 after the first few months because of the serious amount of bugs. Uninstalled.

Glad I reinstalled and patched up with 1.05 and had more games, also see new patches always being worked on. There support for the game is unbelievable, can have my cash for this new game. Though I will probably leave install for a few months this time, or keep an eye on the forums...

;)

It's better if you find a regular group of people to play with. The AI is sometimes poor and there are some annoying bugs and user interface issues but this game has something special going for it. At times, I wish Bohemia would just stop making content and models for the game and just work on updating the technology/engine/AI and let the community fill in all the rest.

explain the crappy aiming system? i find it pretty good now but i think im used to it.

what i absolutely love about this game though, and even though it seems so simple, the bullet drop just adds so much to it.

while i loved GR, the fact that you could aim the reticule at the target at any distance and get the one shot one kill was just way off.

i like the fact that you have to consider whether you want to target OPFOR at range and risk exposing your position without guaranteeing that you will kill the target. it adds an extra layer to the realism.

looks like most of the buildings can be entered now and are a lot less clunky to move about in - they have prolly just increased the size of the buildings by 10% to give you the extra room to get in and out of rooms.

i also hope that ACE2 will shift over seamlessly as it is an excellent mod and adds yet another layer to the realism.

also hope that they can implement some cave systems although is prolly a stretch but should really be there for realism.

not long now until its out.

^I'm with Lightspeed on the aiming question...never had an issue with it and am also in agreement on the overall ballistics model.

Shooting on the move and hitting a target (moving or not) should not resemble a bench rest exercise.

No offense meant here BS PALADIN but are you sure you haven't triggered FADE somehow?

It's just more of the same really imho, don't get me wrong, i enjoy playing the arma series video games, but all i see so far is a mod with what sounds like that crazy horse clip clop movement of the playable avatar, which is not a bad thing if it only costs ten quid mind?.

^I'm with Lightspeed on the aiming question...never had an issue with it and am also in agreement on the overall ballistics model.

Shooting on the move and hitting a target (moving or not) should not resemble a bench rest exercise.

No offense meant here BS PALADIN but are you sure you haven't triggered FADE somehow?

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. My tastes lean more to a semi realistic tactical shooter ( aka GR ) as opposed to a military sim ( aka ARMA ).

Now i know what you mean Paladin - you have the settings stuffed up buddy.

The default settings in Arma2 are problematic -

Aiming Deadzone - makes the aiming terrible - turn it off completely (ie drag the white line to the left until it disappears)

Head Bob - makes it very jumpy when you run - turn it nearly all the way off (a little bit is realistic)

Video Options - Post Processing effects - turn it off (at night time the dust kicked up from chopper blades makes it impossible to see with the post processing on)

anything else?

i may think of some more - but these simple changes will transform Arma 2 feel into something tight and controlled as it should be.