Multiplayer Beta Details

Rocky

... so long as you can at least get your hands on a Splinter Cell Convictions disc for a couple of hours, you should be good to go with the Future Soldier Beta, as the disc os only needed to install, not to play.

In order to get your hands on GRFS Beta once it becomes available, you must be connected to
Xbox
LIVE so that you can download the beta from Xbox LIVE Marketplace,

Once the beta is available, you'll be able to download it through the news feed on the main menu of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction free of charge and with no codes required.

The Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta will be available for a limited time. Once that period expires, the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta link on the Main Menu in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction will no longer be available.

The beta will be accessible via the X360 Dashboard, into the "Games Library" section.

Hmm thats a little contradicting to what it says in the SCC manual.

Posted on Ubi forums:

If you have Splinter Cell: Conviction, the beta download will appear in the splinter cell Uplay section. And if ur thinking 'i have assasins creed 2 so i can just go to the splinter cell section from the AC2 section' wrong, there will be a new SC:C action 'play Splinter Cell: conviction' and this will unlock the ghost recon beta for download and you must play the beta from the main menu of SC:C

looks like the later splinter cell discs are not going to be the same, you will only get in if have the ones with grfs beta on the box art, so us who payed for it and all the pirates that where playing SC a week before release then !

... so long as you can at least get your hands on a Splinter Cell Convictions disc for a couple of hours, you should be good to go with the Future Soldier Beta, as the disc os only needed to install, not to play.

thanks for the info, it would be great to hear that confirmed as I saw the game for sale at amazon for £29 which is too much for just a beta which is all it would be for me. So would be perfect if a used copy would work just as well.

That would work for me, I could return SC and get some money back and just rent it later like i normaly wanted to do in the first place! Beat the game on realisic the first day and the coop on the 2nd. The other modes being only 1v1 was a bad idea given replay again at a rentals time of enjoyment! Theres Nothing i couldnt of done with $7 for a week rental and toke the wife out for a nice dinner. If this turns out to be true save your money and rent it later or again when the beta is out.

It was confirmed you need SCC to play the beta so what would be the point in it being upped on the dashboard? their would be no need for SCC. maybe its an option later down the line, but i dont see how they can say its exclusive to SCC when its not upped inside of SCC.

It says will be upped on xbox live, then says will be downloadable from the menus of SCC, so you can only download it from the menus of SCC, once downloaded it will be in your games library.

Edited by RR_ROSSI