UbiKimi Release new solid info

Rocky

Along with all the media previews released today, UbiKimi released some solid official information on games features. Some interesting stuff here - ranking up for your clan?!

The Future of War

• Ghosts have the latest and best high-tech military equipment, which is inspired by actual prototypes

• Exoskeleton enhances the Ghosts' physical abilities, allowing them to run, leap, slide and kick farther & faster

• Classes & associated weaponry:

o Commando - Shoulder mounted rocket launcher

o Sniper – Heartbeat detector

o Engineer - Drones

o Recon - Optical camo

Natural Cooperation

• Coordinate combat by linking up with your Ghost teammates

• While linked up, you can benefit from and combine your teammates' high-tech abilities

General Info

• You play as Kozak

• Split-screen and online co-op campaign will be available

• 8v8 Multiplayer

• Ranking progression across SP, Co-op, and MP, like the PEC system in R6 Vegas games

• Ranking system unlocks rewards for your Ghost or clan

Natural Cooperation

• Coordinate combat by linking up with your Ghost teammates

• While linked up, you can benefit from and combine your teammates' high-tech abilities.

The shocker for me personaly was knowing this time round there is no "squad command", so i'm very interested to now how this will pan out for single player main campaign and multiplayer.

General Info

• You play as Kozak.

Watching the promo live video i noticed in the mission Operation "Take Down Overlord", you see markers showing the location of Ghost#3 KOZAK (commando), Ghost#4 BONES (engineer), and Ghost#2 30k (recon), but i can't find any info for Ghost#1?.

Im not actually sure what this game has to do with Ghost Recon. It sounds so arcadey that it will make Serious Sam look like a tactical shooter.

Yes, unfortunately, if all this also apply to the PC version, i cant say it looks like Ghost Recon - maybe like COD Future Warfare or something. Im afraid GR: FS will be as tactical as Gears of War omg. :wall:

Btw whats this ?

• While linked up, you can benefit from and combine your teammates' high-tech abilities

Ok, realism isnt everything, but ... :whistle:

Watching the promo live video i noticed in the mission Operation "Take Down Overlord", you see markers showing the location of Ghost#3 KOZAK (commando), Ghost#4 BONES (engineer), and Ghost#2 30k (recon), but i can't find any info for Ghost#1?.

His name is Pepper...he's the sniper.

Roger that. So we have a (commando) (engineer) (recon) (sniper) ?.

• 2 weeks later...

I know there has been some discussion about the point of view...as the press releases indicated a first person and a third person point of view...and maybe everyone already knows this and I'm the last one to the dance...but I just realized I hadn't watched the UK XBOX Live interview video...so I did...

And the two guys being interviewed clearly state that GRFS isn't a first person shooter, it is an OTS (over the shoulder).

Now GRAW let you at least choose...but it doesn't sound like GRFS is going to, at least that's not the impression I get.

I know there has been some discussion about the point of view...as the press releases indicated a first person and a third person point of view...and maybe everyone already knows this and I'm the last one to the dance...but I just realized I hadn't watched the UK XBOX Live interview video...so I did...

And the two guys being interviewed clearly state that GRFS isn't a first person shooter, it is an OTS (over the shoulder).

Now GRAW let you at least choose...but it doesn't sound like GRFS is going to, at least that's not the impression I get.

lmfao - not even a FPS and they still call it Ghost Recon - this is hilarious!!

While linked up, you can benefit from and combine your teammates' high-tech abilities

Ghost Recon: Power Rangers perhaps?

Link to video ?? Not sure I have seen this.

lmfao - not even a FPS and they still call it Ghost Recon - this is hilarious!!
Well, in all honesty, it won't be the first GR game that's not first-person. GRAW 1 & 2 on console were both third-person.

I'm awaiting more info on the PC version - so far it seems most has been in regard to the console versions. Time will tell if the PC version is just a console port or if they go the GRAW route and make it a "different" game..

:wacko:

Not finding any mention of which view the game is using??

If you are watching the UK Xbox Live video around 3:10 to 3:15 one of the devs is asked if they're worried about new Medal of Honor game and he replies, "It's not the same game. We're a different camera. We're OTS."

Then around 4:09 he says what sounds like, "We're not the same game. We're not FPS."

I could be wrong...but this is what it sounds like to me. Now, it could very well be the console version...but I really don't think there is going to be a lot of difference between the two. At least that's my take on it.

• 1 month later...

It`s a bout time we had some solid info on the PC version.

Will there be modding tools.

Will there be a first person only option.

What will the draw distance be.

etc

Simple stuff, they must have the answer for.

Hope this does not turn into another Dragon rising, left with no info, fulll of hope, only to be let down.

Simple stuff, they must have the answer for.
Hmmm yes, and after my GRAW and GRAW2 fests these past few months;

Will you be able to shoot whilst moving? If not...REMOVE THE TARGET ICON UNTIL YOU 'CAN' SHOOT!

Will you be removing pre-fire?

Simple stuff. :rolleyes:

DS