GR: WOI - Screaming Eagles Mod

This is the last of the 'once incomplete and now dusted off for release' mods that I'd been tinkering with for a while.

The mod follows the 101st Airborne 506th and 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiments through WWII in Europe (hence the need for War of Infamy v2.5) from June 1944 to March 1945. The ten mission campaign goes as follows: D-Day, Brecourt, Carentan, Bloody Gulch (all part of Operation Overlord); Hell's Highway, Black Friday, The Island (all part of Operation Market Garden); Bois Jacques, Foy, and Haguenau (all part of Battle of the Bulge).

Each briefing details the historical significance of the mission, and each mission depicts the situations and enemy strengths as accurately as the GR engine allows. Germans can't snipe you anymore - their accuracies have been reduced to a realistic level. Some US weapon accuracies have been tweaked as well. This should allow for some really nice firefights!

The actors' names were taken from E Co. 506th PIR roster (some you will recognize if you watched Band of Brothers on HBO) and from various companies of the 502nd PIR's rosters.

There are some maps from WOI, WOI: Eastern Front, and Ranger Mod scattered throughout the campaign.

The mod is multiplayer capable through WOI: MP with all the usual game types (including co-op).

Only a couple maps require reducing map details so that the mission plays smoothly - these are noted in the briefings.

Special thanks go out to the WOI Dev Team (they did all the work), @War for the Foy map, Rebar for sandbag wall, ammo boxes, etc., and Slugg for the German voices.

I will get this mod posted as soon as possible. Enjoy!

Looks interesting, thnx Variable. Will have to set up a mods still to play folder. :whistle:

Always like WOI, but never really played it much. Going in with a full 9, and the missions ending soon as 1 guy died put us off if I remember. Had to tweak a few missions for personnal use. :shifty:

So only WOI 2.5 is required. But WOI MP is needed for all the other MP games, that`s it? Items below are in the mod?

There are some maps from WOI, WOI: Eastern Front, and Ranger Mod scattered throughout the campaign.

Yes all those maps are in the Screaming Eagles mod already. The mod should be playable in MP (coop, defend, firefight, etc.), at least as far as I could tell from testing it, without the WOI MP mod. I'll get back to you on that if it is not.

Ok, turns out missions 5 and 7 aren't playable for firefight, defend, etc. so I will patch that ASAP. They still work in co-op.

The patch should be available soon at the download page.

Edited by Variable13

Patch 1 is now released and has been added to the download page.

This patch makes missions 1, 5 and 7 multiplayer capable. Simply move the files included in the patch into your missions folder in the Screaming Eagles mod and overwrite the existing mission files.

• 3 weeks later...

The only issue i found was the fact that i could lay down more accurate fire on an enemy position with the M1919 MG than a sniper with M1903 rifel at 215 meters :o But appart from that the mod is good with no real issuse and good missions so far. As Tinker said every body enjoyed. I ran the server with no problems. nice job :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

M1919 MG vs. M1903 - i remember i could only win the sniper mission in the woi/frostbite campaign after i changed the rifle for a mg :rocky:

nice to have another add-on for woi. woi was always on of my favourite expansions. i'll really have to take a break flying my sim bf-109 for this mod and start up GR once again :thumbsup:

Edited by purgatorio

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...