"First look" article to be in April issue of OPM

Calgar99

The first Ghost Recon: Future Soldier details have arrived, via the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine, which is arriving in subscriber's hands right now.

[Admin Edit: Merged with existing thread (& please link to an article that has been posted on another site, please dont paste the whole thing here as some sites dont like it)]

Edited by Pave Low

Yes, me too,

but hopefully this is just the PlayStation version and the PC will be different/better :unsure:

it might depend on what they term as "jumping", as we all agree it is ridiculous when uber SF guys get thwarted by a 2 inch curb or 2 ft picket fence :P

but if they mean "bunny leaping" then that is bad very bad, also worried about "throw themselves around" bit

"4-Player drop in, drop out co-op" doesn't really set the right tone for a serious game, (unlike say "join in progress")

and "no squad commands what-so-ever" .... That doesn't sound like a tactical game to me

and I don't even want to think about "shoulder mounted missiles" :blink: (note they don't say shoulder launched)

What with the "future tech", the "always on DRM" for SP! :wall:

this looks like yet another "black mark" against it as far as I'm concerned

at the moment I'm seriously wondering if this might end up being the first "GR" I skip :(

and I don't even want to think about "shoulder mounted missiles" :blink: (note they don't say shoulder launched)

at the moment I'm seriously wondering if this might end up being the first "GR" I skip :(

:( Now we know why they had the early title of "Preditor"

laser_canon.jpg

at the moment I'm seriously wondering if this might end up being the first "GR" I skip x2

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/ghos...laser_canon.jpg

Yeah, that was the first image that flashed into my mind when I read that

the scene from the film with the targeting laser and the shoulder weapon tracking

oh dear, look at the large version of the cover artwork....

http://www.ghostrecon.net/images-grfs/opsm-covers.jpg

on the left shoulder :wall::wall: even if that is just the magazines "mock up" version of it, that is LAME

why not in a 360 magazine?

Why not in a PC magazine ???

the obvious inference is that:

a PlayStation magazine would want to see a PlayStation version

and even though the Xbox360 version is apparently the "flagship" (or so it's been portrayed by Ubi Paris)

if the PS version was "readier", then it would be the one shown and would be shown to a PS magazine

either that or whoever is doing the PS version actually has a PR department

Heart sensors for snipers? Seriously?

I'm sorry to say so, but it looks like less a question of "Will FS be any good as a squad-based tactical shooter?" and more whether the underlying engine is going to be moddable enough that we can make one out of it.

- Gache

Heart sensors for snipers? Seriously?

Well, to be fair Red Storm was the first to introduce Heartbeat Sensors way back in the original R6 game. However, they were to check for tangos in close vicinity, not for one 500m away.

With GR:FS dropping squad commands, that essentially gets rid of one of the most unique characteristics of past GR games, and homogenizes the gameplay in the GR series with other Clancy titles like R6, not to mention BFBC2 and MW2.

The first thing I thought when I read that preview was "Lockdown".

It certainly does sound further removed from the [Ghost Recon] squad based tactical shooter concept than ever before. But hey, it might still be a good game.

I would also like to note that this game information is specific to the PS3.

From the looks of things now, GR will be no more than the other average fare that 100s of other games are. I see nothing that will make GR stand out from the crowd, much less head and shoulders above said crowd. Ubi has really taken it's game franchises backwards instead of making them take steps forwards. It all started with Letdown and has been getting worse with each new release that has the Tom Clancy name on it.

Maybe it's time for a funeral. :maybe:

laser_canon.jpg

at the moment I'm seriously wondering if this might end up being the first "GR" I skip x2

coming to a theater near you :whistle:

link to gif

Maybe it's time for a funeral. :maybe:

Well if it is or not. I think its been long over due for me anyways to say goodbye to it. Im finding it harder and harder to get thrilled over anything Tom Clancy anymore! After hearing this im afraid to even try the beta. It can go from rental only to not even bother!

<_<

You can pretty much stick a fork in GR. Though I am sure it will sell like hotcakes. I thought the AW "series" was a little bit overboard on the technology but FS basically makes AW look like a WW2 game.

How can anybody call this game Ghost Recon with a straight face? Much less defend the game design. Only out of morbid curiosity will I even keep up on the news. At least in the GR games up till now, the technology was in the form of prototypes. Seriously, who comes up with these game concepts? It's ridiculously cheesy. Cheesy like a B-movie action flick starring Dolph Lundgren and you can't change the channel because it's like a car wreck.

Makes me really really really worried about the next R6, though I pretty much lost hope it that one as well after Vegas/Vegas 2. I still had hope after Lockdown but UBI proved my faith was misplaced.

Edited by Bota:16