Quarry Forest

Hello all :)

My first mission is now ready for public release.

Above all, I want to thank John TC02 and Bogie for their valuable assistance (without them I would not know where I would be today)

Big thanks for us :thumbsup:

quarry_forest_screen.jpg

So:

- Mission name: coop_gorilla_quarry_forest_v2

- Mission time: Night

- Number of AI: 414

Map: Quarry remixed by |J4|Gorilla

Mission author: |J4|Gorilla

File size: 12.3 Mb

version: 2

DOWNLOAD

Description:

The troops of Colonel Santiago (fiction) are entrenched in an old disused quarry in order to reorganize itself after the failure of their last battle.

It is imperative to prevent the return of forces, in which case we may see our strategy of compromise final assault.

Your mission, should you accept it consists of 6 objectives:

1/ Secure and open the tunnel destroying the HEMTT that blocks the passage to allied troops

2/ Destroy the Mule 1 overlooking the forest

3/ Destroy the Mule 2 on the main axis

4/ Destroy the Adat to secure airspace

5/ Destroy the last Tank Squadron

6/ Attach C4 to blow the door

7/ Join the extraction point

Note: The Havoc does not disappear, I suggest you destroy them to be quiet

Special thanks to:

John TC02 and Bogie for help; Davros @ graw2 wiki; Ghostrecon.net;

mexicobob, Anthony, Viper714 and AGB team, rahnman and TAW zero, TAW team, Tinker.... I hope I have forgotten anyone :unsure:

Many thanks for all :thumbsup:

Enjoy

Gorilla

Hi Gorilla,

I have taken a look at your release version and there are a few errors with the version numbers.

In the world_info.xml your path name to the minimap and load screen end with v1_3 while the folder name for those end in v2, this is why the load screen and minimap are missing.

The prop name versions are also incorrect, the dav_mine has a version number of v1_2 and the dav_door is v1_3, while this wont stop the mission from working there could be issues if people have the beta versions still installed as this could crash the game on start up.

It's always best to reversion all your props to the latest version number you are using for your mission to save any conflicts with older versions.

As I have the mission on my computer do you want me to correct these errors and reversion it to v3 then re-add it to the downloads as a updated version.

*EDIT*

Just thinking here, if some players have the beta versions in their game the release version might work ok as it will load the minimap and load screen from the older versions but your release version will still need fixing.

If you want me to reversion it for you then let me know.

Cheers,

John

I was so glad to see the mission completed.

I do not know what to say, it really ######s shame :(:(

These errors should not have been.... i'm very but very sorry.

John say:

If you want me to reversion it for you then let me know.

If you have time, yes you can.... I avoid it remade other error

pffff...the shame on me :wall:

Hi Gorilla,

I have added V3 to the downloads and included an update notice in the description.

You are doing a great job so far, changing the version numbers on a mission can be quite confusing as there is a lot of files to change so don't worry mate, all is now well. :D

John

New version released:

mexicobob has released a day version of this mission which has slightly different objectives, these are listed below.

1/ Secure and open the tunnel destroying the HEMTT that blocks the passage to allied troops

2/ Destroy the Mule 1 overlooking the forest

3/ Destroy the Mule 2 on the main axis

4/ Destroy the last Tank Squadron

5/ Destroy Howitzer A that is pounding Juarez

6/ Destroy Howitzer B that is pounding Juarez

This new mission has been added to the download.