Blackfoot Studios

• 1 month later...

NightFire_WIP.jpg

personally, hopefully its toggle/customize-able between fun (big ball of fire), medium (smaller ball of fire), harder/ custom use of flash-hiders (sparks only) and tactical/ suppressed (no visible spark)

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

• 4 weeks later...
just passing this along

We have a new wallpaper available courtesy of DetCord, a friend of BFS. Feel free to download, use, pass around or whatever you feel like. smile.png
Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That weather system is awesome.....well done guys.

Just curious, but the maps in this game....are they going to be small or large maps as generated in real time, as with ARMA 3 ?

Any map too small tends to get boring and "known"...i.e. semi memorised after a while and this is really a minus in any game.

Either way, its worth the wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update

I know we seem to be going slow (We are smile.png ), but I thought I'd show something I've been working on lately..... Ground Branch will use the concept of a 'Team Room' as a place to start the game from. It is here where you will customize your gear, set up missions, receive and go over intel as well as hang out with teammates before, during and after MP and co-op missions. There will also be oppurtunities to customize your Team Room as well.

One part of your Team Room is the Operations Room that is shown here. This is where the Intel/Mission magic happens and every one of these monitors/screens will be interactive for various purposes. This is a clean unaltered screen grab from the editor and I'm sure you can get an idea of what some things do just by looking around. wink.png

TeamRoom_01-450x246.jpgWe are using an HTML/Javascript based UI system for the interactive screens so there are some really unique possibilities we are exploring.

We know the pace is slow... much slower than we would like, but we are still here and still committed to Ground Branch!

-John

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes.

http://youtu.be/BDzpzCKHCU0

WARNING: Contains ~11 minutes of two idiots running around and carrying on, shooting at each other and missing a lot. The audio is poor and some chest bumping occurs.

Its a over a year since we were online with the UE3 version, so it felt great to finally be online (and stable) with the UE4 verison.

The problem with bullets.

meme-bulletspeed-250x200.jpgImpact FX and decals are created as the bullet is simulated client side. By the time the client receives the initial location and velocity of a bullet it has already travelled some distance. This results in the missing impacts FX and decals seen in the video above.

Forcing the bullet to replicate immediately improves things, but not enough.

One solution is to create a client side version of a bullet if initial shot is received by the client. Once the proper server version of the bullet is received, the two could be synchronised and allowed to go on their merry way.

Several games have done this in the past and the latest incarnation of Unreal Tournament is using a similar system for all its projectiles.

Another solution is to fall back to how we were handling it in UE3 and replicate the impacts instead of the bullet. This does create more things to send across the network, but each one has so little to send and exists for such a short time, its still a viable solution.

The are pros and cons to both methods, but we're sure to come up with one we like soon enough.

Weapon collision.

This is the kind of lean we're want you to be able to do (and quickly):

dev_ingame_2014-10-30-444x250.jpg Credits to Psychomorph for this image.[/caption]

Unfortunately the weapon collision needs more work.

It is currently accurate when your weapon is on target, but uses a less accurate swept trace when off target. This results in being unable to bring your weapon on target when next to obstacles until you first turn away from the obstacle so that it is 'clear'.

Annoying and will be fixed.

dma07.jpg Favourite response to Psychomorph's image.[/caption]

Dude, where's my VR support?

Its getting there.

Wasn't too high on the list of priorities of late, but a post from the Rift developer forums last weekend ###### me off annoyed me enough to get in there and attack it again.

This led to fixing the basics and cotinued on to hooking up lean.

A strange feeling when leaning actually shifts your view and you can see around the object, instead of just looking like this:

http://youtu.be/-hdIwGcOL9o

Feels good man.

Really looking forward to seeing people online... then, you know... shooting at them.

Kris

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Edited by Cpl Ledanek
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know, i am not getting it but for the donators i'm glad to see some kind of progress. I would like to see something that sets this title apart while maybe taking what other sims did right and incorporate those features. Like RVS doors and peek system, Swat 4's lock picking and camera and non lethal weapons and so on.Also run 1000x better than ArmA series. I think if GB did all those right you would have a sim that was the best of all worlds and making it unique in its own right.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...