Blackfoot Studios

I need to clear up the terms you are using. Please correct me if I am interpreting them wrong.

Terrorist hunt = bunch of guys standing around/pre-set patrol paths like firefight in GR or thunt in rainbow six. No other objectives, basic AI.

True coop mission = varying objectives to hit, smartypants AI.

Soo.. what I am not understanding here is why you cannot have plain old missions like in GR.. but with dumb existing AI.(also like in GR) Is there something wrong with the AI in the story driven campaign? Is the story completely scripted or something? Or is the terrorist hunt AI setup to just run directly at you with guns blazing like in R6:Vegas?

What am I missing here?

I would like to say that if the dumb AI(presuming it exists) can even match original Ghost Recon and you give the option to do firefight or mission with objectives.. then I would be looking at getting my wallet. My disappointment in the past when reading about Ground Branch is because it always sounded like players vs AI coop(even basic) was simply a dream. It always sounded like it was not really going to happen without fancypants AI.

You have got my attention, what do I need to know?

I think one of the points you missed was that there is no single player story campaign.We have one all designed, but it would take way too much money to do right so we aren't trying right now.

'Terrorist Hunt (not sure what we will all it) is what you say. Bad guys standing around or on set patrols(though random) and you and your buddies go through the map taking them out. Our will also have basic objectives that can be done in any order as well. So you will have basic and objective TH.

The additional co-op we discuss for the stretch goal is the super swanky smart realtime AI that works off behaviors and is less scripted. Those will be actual mission style maps that have set objectives and are more what people think of when thinking of Ghost Recon co-op. There just will not be a story or narrative with it.

Hopefully that clears things up, but keep asking if it doesn't.

Cheers!

Does not matter what dev/game I support today if tomorrow my car is a pile of rust in the driveway, or my PC is too old to play whatever game is in question because I spent too much on other small things and cannot afford to maintain or replace important things. :P

Fair point. :thumbsup:

'Terrorist Hunt (not sure what we will all it) is what you say. Bad guys standing around or on set patrols(though random) and you and your buddies go through the map taking them out. Our will also have basic objectives that can be done in any order as well. So you will have basic and objective TH.

The additional co-op we discuss for the stretch goal is the super swanky smart realtime AI that works off behaviors and is less scripted. Those will be actual mission style maps that have set objectives and are more what people think of when thinking of Ghost Recon co-op. There just will not be a story or narrative with it.

That is exactly the information I was looking for; now I want Ground Branch.

Ha ha.....dumb AI.....are you kidding me ?

Have you ever played GRAW on Hardcore ?

Even GRAW 2 set to Hardcore can be a challenge (but not as much as GRAW).

I think jsone is basically trying to combine many different aspects of games into one to be the ultimate play experience and as he says, this will take time and money.

From what I have seen, graphics are really nice, movement much better (can Ghosts jump over walls by the way ?....didnt see that on the video.) and I would imagine that they would make the AI as intelligent as the original GR as this is what has been called for from day one.

If you doubt them Oelmuvun, why are you even here ?

Have a little faith.

:yes:

At cjo1964, I dont think Oelmuvun means that the AI are dumb per se, he is drawing the difference between this 'smart AI' that thinks and adapts to the situation on the fly, and the traditional AI that relatively speaking was dumb (prescripted paths and actions - not intelligent).

Some of you may know me.... I am an original member of Red Storm Entertainment and one of the Art/Design Leads on the original Ghost Recon. I long for the old school Ghost Recon experience myself, so I went and did something about it. That experience is possible and within reach, developed by people that know the franchise inside out and that care about the fans. We are in it for the long haul and want to make a game that lasts the test of time.

Please, if you are at all truly interested in a modern game that holds the original Ghost Recon sensibilities and ideals then do yourself a favor and check out my sig below. Things are happening but your help is needed.

Edited by MeanMF
Moved to existing GB thread

Some of you may know me.... I am an original member of Red Storm Entertainment and one of the Art/Design Leads on the original Ghost Recon. I long for the old school Ghost Recon experience myself, so I went and did something about it. That experience is possible and within reach, developed by people that know the franchise inside out and that care about the fans. We are in it for the long haul and want to make a game that lasts the test of time. Please, if you are at all truly interested in a modern game that holds the original Ghost Recon sensibilities and ideals then do yourself a favor and check out my sig below. Things are happening but your help is needed.
Yep, this looks like the real deal. :thumbsup: I think I've watched that Ground Branch trailer at the Kickstarter site and on YouTube dozens of times now. It is so amazing that there's finally a valid chance for a resurrection of that classic Ghost Recon gameplay and spirit. Made my pledge at Kickstarter and keep my fingers crossed for this. Spread the word people. There's a new Ghost Recon game and it's called Ground Branch!

TrackIR will be integrated at lauch yes.

###### YES!

Why is this not properly&proudly proclaimed on the kickstarter page and in feature lists that get copy/pasted everywhere?

Yes I know not that many people have TrackIR, but for those of us who do have it and love it we are always excited to see more titles with support. :D

Edited by MeanMF, Yesterday, 04:55 PM.

Moved to existing GB thread

Merging John's helpless attempt to reach the community his game is directed at with an existing thread that gets largerly ignored doesn't exactly help the cause.

Edited by Psychomorph

here is one of the things that immediatly struck my eye...

http://www.kickstart...3/ground-branch

NON-LINEAR GAME DESIGN: No scripted "monster closets" or corridor shooting. Maps have open designs and include plenty of open terrain as well as structures/buildings with multiple entry points and routes. We are even working on game types that will randomly block or allow access to certain routes, so that no two back-to-back rounds are identical. The matches will be as dynamic as your strategies allow.

I always thought this would be the next logical step in gaming. Dynamic maps that change each round would really extend the life of a game.

I'm glad someone is going to do it.

Shame though this trend probably won't pick up to be the norm since this might actual extend the life of a multiplayer game and we know the larger gaming companies want us to just move on to the next big DLC and/or series.

Sad to see such few backers. Surely there are enough Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, and SWAT fans out there that are willing to pledge $15 (and get a game at release for so little). Future Soldier and whatever Ubisoft has in plan for Rainbow 6 surely does not satisfy my desire to play a modern tactical shooter. I'm sure the rest of your are in the same position.

ArmA is nice, but it is poor in many areas, especially squad micro management and indoor combat. Unless you want to play the ArmA series and continue playing now very old and dated GR/R6/SWAT games, this is our chance to see a proper replacement.