Windows 7 GR Alt+Tab Problem

Recon

I've just installed GR onto a clean installation of Windows 7 and am having a problem with Alt+Tabbing. It works fine when playing an actual game, but when I Alt+Tab while using the menu or looking at the after-action screen, I can get back to Windows but I just get a black screen when I try to go back to GR. Even if I try a few times I can never get back to GR. :(

Anyone else have GR on Windows 7?

:thumbsup: Me too, cant alt-tab from anywere in game or i get a black screen, also get the black screen if i quite while in game. I have to end game , end after screen the goto main menu and exit from there to avoid it. other wise game runs great on W7 64bit, I think it has problems switching from the low res screens back to the high res

desktop and back :unsure: bit of a W7 thing i think, still it is an old game and it still works, there are a few others that will not, so i will put up with it :yes:

This is likely a Win7 problem. This unlikely will be fixed unless Ubi releases a GR patch (ie never) or Microsoft patches Win7 (which is very possible since I just downloaded a Vista compatibility patch that fixes probs with some older games).

Perhaps the best way to solve this is if we all send complaints to Microsoft support.

Note that Red Storm (and many other game devs) never guaranteed alt-tab would work.

I think it has problems switching from the low res screens back to the high res desktop and back :unsure:

I thought the same thing. Anyway, I'm glad that it's not just me with the problem. I doubt MS will release a fix just for GR but they might fix it if it affects other old games too.

Recon, the other option you can try to access your other apps while playing GR is to play GR in a window:

Yeh, Alt+Tab does work when running GR in a window. As Hammer said, it must just be a Win7 problem switching between the different full-screen resolutions.