Metro 2033 - Game discussion thread

Pave Low

wooow great pics as always

how scary is the game?

and how is the shootin aspect?

Thanks, yeah game is scary, im simply loving it, its a mix of Doom 3 and STALKER i think, great sounds (playing with headphones), its incredibly immersive.

Shooting is nice too, weapons are "custom" models but feels great.

FAAAAAAAAAAAARKEN AWESOME LOOKING GAME!

Looks good lighty, its a different kind of GFX if you compare with Arma 2 i.e., the details and shadows make it look dirt, but add immersion to the scene.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah some good stuff going on. Maybe it's just a coincidence?, but i noticed the character you play (artyom), if you press T and note the time, i noticed it is sychronized with windows time and the same time on my clock on my pc desk

Really ? Thats pretty interesting, gonna check this and post back later. :zorro:

The automatic shotgun owns. Although, I can't figure out why sometimes when you reload it has 6 rounds instead of 5 rounds. Other times when you reload, it has 5 round instead of 6. Also, sometimes, it fire 3 rounds, then he re-cocks it and fires again, sometimes it fires all 6 rounds fine. Think I found a rare/unique version of [autoshotgun with bayonet] in a 'secret' place.... After Bourbon gets captured and you're on your own trying to take the bandits out one by one quitely.... There's a place back there with some sort of long maze (which isn't easy to find if you don't know what to look for). At the end is a bandit with the autoshotgun with bayonet. But his one has a gold coloured bayonet, not a silver one.

I still haven't tried the gatling crossbow thing yet though. Not used the pneumatic sniper rifle or the AK2012 much yet either. The VSS is all you need. :D The whole thing with the gas mask is cool. Especially when it breaks from taking too much damage. :P That ending was great too, and unexpected. It's cool how it all ties in with the Prologue chapter of the game and comes full circle.

The only thing is, the game is quite short. I bought the game on release day and am already half way through my second playthrough - and I've been working since the game relase day.

Wait, you can by armoUr suits and stealth suits from the vendors at the station before ArmoUry and at Polis? WTH? How did I miss those? I visted all vendors.

Edited by WytchDokta

I found the armoUrers. The one in Polis has only got the armoUr suit though, whereas at the station before 'ArmoUry' the guys there got stealth suits and amoUr suits for sale.

Also, I found where a Helsing [gatling crossbow] can be obtained for free on 'ArmoUry' (meaning that you don't have to purchase one from the vendor.) Now if I could just stop using the awesome autoshotgun and use the not so awesome pneumatic sniper rifle instead. :P

Another thing about this game is the hilarious things the Russian soldiers say [re: shout abuse] when you go loud and they know of of your presence.

DLC you say? Hopefully we'll get portable flamethrower. There IS a flamethrower already in the game, but it's mounted (and helluva fun to use)

Edited by WytchDokta

Any word on a patch to fix the hit boxes in this game? What's that you say? The game engine's hit detection is fine as it is?

Is it? A full mag of AK rounds in the chest (with some rounds hitting the legs/arms) of Bandits is nowhere near enough to kill them at close range. Yet, two .44 revolver rounds in their reproductive organ will kill them. What's up with that? It even works against targets wearing helmets and masks - you see, shooting them in the head/face WILL NOT kill them outright. Instead, the first shot will 'remove' their mask, the second shot will 'remove' their helmet and a third shot will [finally] kill them.

Seriously, first time I saw that rubbish was in MoH:AA where a full mag of MP44 rounds fired at point blank range (i.e firing from less than 2 foot away from enemies) was nowhere near enough to kill enemies. This same concept was used in Far Cry 2 and some other games.

Other than that, this game is awesome. :)

Edited by WytchDokta

• 3 months later...

THQ has announced a sequel to post-apocalyptic shooter Metro 2033, revealing also that it will be a 3D compatible game. Titled Metro 2034, the game currently has no release date nor definite platforms, though the original was available on both Xbox 360 and PC and so it’s likely the sequel will follow suit.

I read the above on ComputerAndVideoGames.com.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...