Los Leopardos

JohnTC02

Los Leopardos v1 (The Leopards) is ready for testing.

After a short break here is my latest disaster :P , this mission is scripted on the mission 10 (Borders) map as was Manosos but this time it's the other side of the bridge. As usual I have made several changes to the map layout including (after many problems as it's part of the landscape) removing the bridge.

Thanks as always to those eccentric (and highly strung) bunch of guys also known as the TAW clan for testing the alpha versions. ;)

There are three spawn locations on the main map:

- First is when you destroy the Howitzer.

- Second is triggered when you climb the stairs at the Chemical Refinery objective.

- Third is activated when you open the door at the Eliminate Pablo Mendoza objective.

There is also two more spawn locations when you head towards extraction.

I hope you enjoy the mission as you continue to hunt down and eliminate those cartel leaders and his elite rebels.

Thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Los Leopardos v1.

Hello,

After approximately 110 minutes of play with mexicobob, server crash with:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Out of memory allocating 1866436 bytes

Renderer: threaded
Physics : normal[/code]

But i think it's not serious.

It was only the supply and Adat A objective.

My first impression:

Very nice map and mission, rapid sniper assault, but I think more interesting in recon. Try to avoid a maximum of Mexican.

I don't see major bug, no lag and good fps :thumbsup:

Perhaps it would be interresting to have two or three more tanks to slow the progression.

But I leave mexicobob give its opinion to be also very interresting ;)

Great job John :thumbsup:

Hello John,

The AGB crew tested last night and there was only 1 real issue that we noticed. I didn't write the objective down, but it had to do with the communications panel that is up in the guard tower closest to the Mandoza objective. There was an AI that appeared to be in the wall and was shooting us where we couldn't even explode him out. Eventually, we rushed the area and was able to plant C4 on the panel.

You've probably noticed this as well, but in the editor if you have the RED line that "I believe" is the X coordinate when placing an AI. I've noticed that if I put in multiple AI, the actual 1st AI spawns right at the XYZ intersection and the rest of the AI spawn along the X axis or the red line. This has been very helpful for me to see how close or far I need to place AI against walls or steep hills.

One other notable mention, the buildings by the gates to the final sequence, the AI seemed to be running at the walls more and/or stuck. It would appear that the AI_Graph would just need to be rerun to hopefully correct this situation.

I wasn't a part of the Abrams assault, but I sure heard quite a bit of cussing :lol: FPS were excellent for all of us, even when the Havocs arrived and I didn't notice any significant drop in FPS when there was a trigger. Most of the time I was in the upper 40s.

Thanks John!!

Bogie

John,

When I played with Gorilla last night the only area I had trouble with was when I was killed at the Lab and respawned in the warehouse. It was dark and I was surrounded by tangos and killed before I could turn on night vision, so was just shoting in the dark until I killed all of them (?), took about 4 respawns!

I only crashed to CTD 1 time, I think was on my end since my ping was close to 300, then logged back on when the server crashed just as I was about to plant the C4 on ADAT A.

A very good map, but seemed a little bare in places.

Thanks

Bob

Hi folks and thanks for testing.

Perhaps it would be interresting to have two or three more tanks to slow the progression.

Even though this map is quite large it was difficult to find a suitable location for the tank, the roads on this map are uneven with a few craters but I will have a look to see if I can add another tank.

at the communications panel There was an AI that appeared to be in the wall and was shooting us where we couldn't even explode him out.

Thanks for mentioning that Bogie, we did not have this issue in testing, I will find which one it was and relocate him.

the buildings by the gates to the final sequence, the AI seemed to be running at the walls more and/or stuck.

Again we didn't have this issue when testing, it's strange how these problems occur for some and not others, I will re-run the AI graph and check the patrol paths, what might help if there is one particular point where this is happening is using the blockrock (nav blocker) this will stop the AI from taking this path.

Thanks for the info on placing the AI, I did quite a bit of testing with this sometime ago an found the same thing that you mention.

I had trouble with was when I was killed at the Lab and respawned in the warehouse. It was dark and I was surrounded by tangos and killed before I could turn on night vision,

That was the reason I mentioned where the re-spawn points are located, this way you are able to clear the area before you trigger the spawn point :P . I will see if I can add more lighting in that building.

You also mentioned that some parts of the map were a bit sparse, I had many problems with rendering the lightmaps here and every time I tried to run them the editor would crash, the only solution (as Bogie will confirm) is to remove all the props that do not require lightmaps (these can be replaced afterwards) and run them again.

Doing this did not help so the only thing I could do was remove the other props (that require lightmaps) a few at a time until they would render successfully, the problem with this last part is you cannot replace these props afterwards as they would look out of place on the map.

This is just one more limitation in the editor, I have a fairly high spec PC so it seems the editor has problems rendering lightmaps with all the props on a large map.

Cheers,

John

I did find an odd thing behind one of the buildings, I can not remember which one. There was an I beam floating in the air at about 10 ft off the ground, no problem just odd. :wacko: I have seen this type of occrance (sp) in the retail game with cars and vans floating in the air high above the city. :lol:

haha, thanks for that mexicobob.

It's probably where the bridge was located, there was a lot of debris on the bridge and removing every single piece is like looking for the proverbial needle.

I will see if I can track it down, if you do spot it in the meantime try and post a screenshot, this would be very useful. :thumbsup:

Los Leopardos v1.1 is ready for testing.

Hopefully all the issues reported here so far have now been fixed so there isn't that many changes from v1.

Some of the AI have been relocated at the Transmitter objective as there was some reports of a couple of bots stuck in the wall.

The AI Graph has been changed at the extraction and regenerated, I have also generated the coverpoints to try and stop the AI there from running into the walls.

Added some more lighting at the spawn location near the Chemical Refinery as there was some poor souls that couldn't see the AI at that location.

The metal beam that was floating in mid air that mexicobob noticed has been removed.

I think that's about it, if anyone wants to retest the mission I would be very grateful.

My next mission was progressing well but I have hit a major problem with the lightmaps, if I am unable to fix this issue I might have to scrap this mission and start over, just waiting for a reply from a certain person which may save the day. :unsure:

Thanks,

John

Download:

Los Leopardos v1.1.

Thanks for testing the mission again.

Looks like this one is about done, if there are no more issues to report I will make a start on getting this released in a few days.

Still having problems with my next mission so I'm not sure if it will see the light of day, if I have to start a new one from scratch then it will be a while before I have anything for you all to test. :wall:

Thanks,

John

Hi Folks - im back in business :)

Twix and me played v1.1 last night without any issues.

Some Snipers are well hidden and it was a challenge to survive.

Only issue: The nightvision wont work in some buildings - and its really dark in there ;)

Hi Porter, it's good to see you and Twix back testing missions again. :)

Thanks for testing, it looks like this one is about done, if you can tell me which buildings are to dark I might be able to add some more lighting.

:thumbsup:

John

Hi Porter, it's good to see you and Twix back testing missions again. :)

Thanks for testing, it looks like this one is about done, if you can tell me which buildings are to dark I might be able to add some more lighting.

:thumbsup:

John

Yeah - it was a poor boring time without a runnin system...

But for a moment it works - next month i hope my all new machine will be rebuild and done...

mendoza buildn is a wash if they are 15 feet away u cant see them same goes in the chem buildn

That are the buildings i spoke about...

But the lights inside are not the most problem - its the old problem with the nightvision inside buildings - its to bright...

But as i said - its all over a great map...

Well done..