Fr5Goo-C3H5N3O9

Fr5Goo-C3H5N3O9: We're missing a piece of the formula that allows integration of Nitroglycerin into organic tissue at the genetic level.

Your mission is to obtain the secret formula, then pave the way towards your extraction.

This is another GRAW1 conversion of the final "NORAD is on the Line" mission. These maps are so huge, that the conversion process takes quite a bit of time and not always the way that we want it. There are still some issues, but I am slowly working them out.

- Lightmaps, lightmaps, texture maps and lightmaps... freakin' lightmaps. OK, so there are a few static props that are not lit that I have to do manually. I've already integrated 3 sets of lightmaps, but still issues especially the initial ground where you spawn in. Will get this fixed.

- Because of the resource issue once again, I've only added AI. No Havocs or Tanks. There are about 350 +/- AI, but they are pretty well placed. I want to see how the servers react prior to adding any additional vehicles as I want to allow for better performing AI on this map.

- The minimap and load screen reflect the "Bear" map, please just ignore.

- Did not add the IEDs yet.

- Had a few props that would not convert due to their dynamic nature: Parking meters, 2 buildings (that explode and have debris fall off), the pre-exploded embasy, some of the trees, etc.

- Lightmaps, texture maps and freakin' lightmaps... some just look like the contrast against some of the other props. Still working on it.

Please just test and see if everything functions as indicated before spending another week trying to add bandaid after bandaid :blink:

http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_nitro_v1_3b.zip {UPDATED to current version}

Thanks everyone!

Bogie

I was across the courtyard trying to get to the first objective when I got this crash report.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\damagemanager.dsf(-1): Couldn't find effect_surface fire in unit trashcan

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\damagemanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Hi Bogie

Just finished the map with Rahnman on his server. Everything went OK. Nothing untoward to report except we were able to stray off the map by getting behind some containers but I cannot describe the precise location. Approx 3 containers block off a road but there is a gap between one and the wall allowing you to pass behind it and into a dead area of the map. Did not have frame counter on but no sign of any lag at all. Lighting a bit odd as you mentioned at various places but generally all good

We managed to complete in about 110mins despite 4000 rpg snipers trying to kill us along the way.

Good work

Anthony

Just tried this on The TAW server with Rahnman's mod and got this crash after ariving at the corner next to the embassy.

data\lib\managers\damagemanager.dsf(-1): Couldn't find effect_surface fire in unit trashcan

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

When loging back in I got this:

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\damagesystem.dsf(0)

I have a FRAPS movie of this mission up to the point it crashed if you would like me to post it or PM it to you.

Mexicobob

Anthony, Rahn & MexicoBob,

Thanks for testing the mission as you did find a flaw in one of the props. I thought that I had removed all of the dynamic and composition effects from all of the props, but it looks like I missed one.

This will only occur if you or one of the RPG snipers detonate one of the metalic trash cans.

So there is a flaw in the map with regards to the trash can. I will have this corrected (probably tonight) and upload a fixed copy prior to beta-Friday.

Anthony, I'll also look for the area that goes to a dead space on the map. I already know of one (behind the embassy) but I plan to put vehicles behind there as you still cannot fall off of the map.

Thanks again folks!!

Bogie

Seems to be fixed on local PC play, just not sure how it will react on the dedicated servers.

NOTE: I have to leave while uploading and local server time is 2:49pm. This should be done uploading by 3:30PM Forum Time.

To check on dedicated servers, just grenade one of the metalic trashcans - there are several along the roads and by the blown embasy where the data objective resides. If it doesn't work, I'll just remove all of the trashcans.

Also fixed some of the textures. Right now, just want to assure that the props are functional

Hi Bogie,

Played through your mission (1.0b) lone wolf on a LAN server, coming back here to post my report and noticed you have released a new version, trust me to be one step behind. :rolleyes:

Anyway, for what it's worth like Anthony I had no real problems and the mission played very smooth without any lag, I also found the gap behind the containers I think it was near one of the Adats, sorry I cant be of more help as to the exact location.

hmm, I seem to recall sometime ago when you commented on the large amount of snipers I put in one of my missions, I lost count of the amount I had to kill in this one there seemed to be one just around every corner, fantastic absolutely loved it. :P

Nothing else to say here, when you have the lightmaps sorted this is going to be a great mission, I loved this map in GRAW1 so when you have the rest of your "band-aids" in place it can only be even better.

JFYI, I had 321 kills and 35 deaths, average frame rate was around the mid 30's with it peaking at around 70, the lowest fps I had was around 28 this happened when I hit trig08 but even then it soon recovered.

Very nice,

John

Hi Bogie,

I just finished (1.1b) Lone wolf with 320 kills and 30 deaths, no crashes. The path off map behind the containers

that JohnTC02 refers to is behind Supply Truck A.

This is ready to go, great job. You really have to look up a lot to find all the snipers on tops of buildings. :hehe:

Mexico Bob

Hi Bogie,

Played through your mission (1.0b) lone wolf on a LAN server, coming back here to post my report and noticed you have released a new version, trust me to be one step behind. :rolleyes:

The gameplay is identical. Just fixed the fatal error with the trash cans and the ground level lightmaps.

hmm, I seem to recall sometime ago when you commented on the large amount of snipers I put in one of my missions, I lost count of the amount I had to kill in this one there seemed to be one just around every corner, fantastic absolutely loved it. :P

:lol: With this being a city environment, there are just waaaay too many positions for sniper positions, especially way up high! Couldn't help myself

... the lowest fps I had was around 28 this happened when I hit trig08 but even then it soon recovered.

We'll keep an eye out for Trigger 8. Thanks for the update and glad you liked.

Hopefully the fps will stay down so we can add a tank or two. With all of the tall buildings, the Havocs would probably get stuck - so I'm going to leave them out of this mission.

By the way, I did blow up a couple of trash cans in 1.1b with no ill effects, that part looks fixed.

Good Job

EXCELLENT!! Thanks for the update.

Bogie

We ran this map a couple nights ago, with three people in a dedicated server and loved it. The landscape was totally new to us and loved the snipers. Only problem that I noted was that in the very begining you had two fifty-cals above the tunnel exit. They did not respond to our presence at all. I was way out from under then and just happen to look back. They would have nailed us all for sure. A few other AI at random places did not seem to respond either but not too many. Thanks for anothe great map!

TGZ-Puck

Haven't seen you in a while, Puck!! Welcome back.

This was more of an Alpha Test to weed out any issues from the map props. Seems like there are just minor resource issues with the AI and still quite a few lightmap problems. I, too, noticed that some of the AI snipers and mounted 50 cal positions did not engage until there was a direct attack on them or noise from a sniper rifle or grenade. So if you are silent, they may not attack, but once you go loud, everyone will hone in on your position :thumbsup:

Thanks again for testing,

Bogie

Hello all. Thanks so much for alpha testing to assure functionality of this map. I believe that we have fixed all of the major issues :clapping: . Here are the updates for version 1.2 beta:

- Fixed nearly all of the lighting issues... WooHoo!! This has been the bain of my existence. All but a few props (some flowerbeds, recycle bins, stone benches ... a few other minor ones) look as they should so you do not have "washed out" building looks and contrast between props and AI. The ones where the lightmaps are not functioning do not stand out and are quite acceptable.

- Added the minimap

- Added a new setting to the gametype that Viper has been putting on the server. Since this gametype is essentially a DeathMatch game, the friendly markers on the minimap did not show up. There is a server side setting that allows the friendly markers to appear, so I have tried to add this into the game. Hopefully, you will all be able to see the markers now. Please let me know if you do not see any friendly arrows in the minimap on dedicated servers

- Fixed the areas where you could or potentially glitch off of the map

- Fixed the issue where you could bypass Trigger 10 through the side of the building where Respawn Checkpoint #6 is located

- Opened up a wall by Respawn Checkpoint #5 that will allow you to get to the Communications Building easier without a long hike (Hemtt B)

- Added 3 Abrams tanks. The final Abrams sometimes sticks, which is around the center statue near the extraction point. Let me know if you have this issue with Abrams 3 (Trigger 11)

- Added 3 moving Panhards near the beginning

- Replaced 6 of the Panhard Covers (not AI controled) and replaced them with 6 Stationary Panhards that can use the 50 cal

- Added a new dynamic Pylon (orange road cone) provided by [AGB]Viper

- Added more IEDs!!! Converted 2 Potted Plants from GRAW2 prop set to become IEDs. A display of the IEDs is at the initial spawn point which also includes an IED version of [AGB]Viper's Pylon

- Added more Organic Nytroglicerine Frogs and regular frogs

- Rigged 5 vehicles to be IEDs

- Fixed the 3 ATM machines that would crash the system if you detonated them by grenade or RPG. Same issue as the trashcans. Rest assured, all of the props have been detonated, so I'm pretty sure we have them all functional.

- Reduced the download time at the data panel to when you can set an EMP charge

- Spread out the triggers to reduce any potential lag.

- Added just a few more RPG snipers since there wer not enough

- Streamlined all of the lightmaps to reduce file size and memory load.

- Added some more AGB text with regards to the Shaggin Wagon and your mom. By the way, she is a groupie of http://www.agbgaming.com and says hello. :drool: Come on over and join us... meat cleavers and clothing optional

- Adjusted the timing on the first two "Bridge Mounted 50 Cal AI" so hopefully they will engage sooner.

Still have to design a load screen as I still have the "Grin & Bear it" still showing. Also may want to add more IEDs as the team at AGB are designing new props to blowup. But this is very close to finish. During testing I should be able to get the GRIN and Bear it ready for the public.

http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_nitro_v1_2b.zip

Enjoy,

Bogie

Hello Bogie :)

I will speak very sincerely:

The first time I tried this mission, I must confess that I was not very playful.

Not because of the mission itself, but because of the lighting effects too intense, very clear.

But, I must say it's really beautiful ... at some point, to the ADAT C it seems, the effects of radiation from the sun between the buildings is the most beautiful.

The addition of two tanks and several vehicles makes the game really intense at strategic points.

The addition of frogs makes a beautiful suite at "Bear Bogie v1.6b"

For cons, I do not know if my ears do not work well but at the "hemtt B", i got killed several times by a rocket launcher hidden.

When we come to the right of the HEMTT B, we heard footsteps difficult to discern because of the engine.

There would not a Mexican enclosed in a wall or another?

I have not encountered any lag, game is very fluid.

For cons, I could not complete the mission, the server crashed with the usual error:

Out of memory allocating 245788 bytes

Physics : normal[/code]

after 85 minutes

Great job Bogie, it's a lovely mission :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Final Beta Version 1.3 is now ready. This should be the final version and wrapping up a few issues and made quite a few enhancements:

- Fixed the two POT IEDs where after shooting the flower pots, they would still explode when you ran over the pieces.

- Fixed Trigger 10 where you could actually bypass the trigger altogether

- Added more mounted 50 cals towards the end of the mission

- Added 3 Panhards at the end of the mission

- Adjusted the snipers that were out of draw distance

- Added a load screen

- Removed some obstructing props that could cause you to get stuck

Added many more IEDs (95 total). Here is the current list of modified IED props:

- Potted Plant Small

- Potted Plant Large

- Two(2) types of garbage bags

- Fugit wheel

- Small Wood Crate

- Plastic Bucket

- Frogs (Object by [AGB]VShagois)

- Orange Road Cone (Object by [AGB]Viper)

- Ammocrate

- Four Crates (Looks like 4 small .50 ammo cases)

- Sidewalk Board

- 5 Car Bombs (look for the blue frog underneath)

All non-exploding IED types are at the spawn point for your review.

**Disclaimer: Will not be held responsible for any ticks, nervous twitches, sudden loss of bowels, broken keyboards or neurological damage due to all of the exploding objects, RPG snipers, naked geese or other gaming effects. Play at your own risk :rant:

http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_nitro_v1_3b.zip

Thanks,

Bogie

Hi Bogie :)

I downloaded and immediately added to our test server (just the time to do an upload).

Many thanks for great job :thumbsup:

**Disclaimer: Will not be held responsible for any ticks, nervous twitches, sudden loss of bowels, broken keyboards or neurological damage due to all of the exploding objects, RPG snipers, naked geese or other gaming effects. Play at your own risk :rant:

It's a joke :P

There are still not people who gets angry at this point?

Cheers

Gorilla

naked geese?

and im suprised i didnt see any milk carton ied's

laters

Zero

:lol: The AGB members wanted milk cartons of their own as well, but the only custom IED that is in the map are the orange road cones created by Viper. The milk cartons (standard size), claymore mines, turtle, penguin, cow (with a dynamic moving head to look like it is grazing) and other models will be on other maps.

• 4 weeks later...