Paris studio versions announced (x360+PS3)

Pave Low

Really, you guys have NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADDA idea of how this feature is implemented in game so it's a bit premature to go all "ain't buying it", in my humble optimistic opinion :thumbsup:
True enough, as yet, we have no idea at all how this or the HULC, or any other surprises it store are implemented in-game. The mere fact that they will be implemented in the game says everything you (I) need to know.

No harm, no foul...wasn't meant to be.

Ain't buying it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone fancy doing a RIP Ghost Recon sig?

Make sure its the right size for UBIs anal boards.

You might want to remember sigs/avatars designed to create/support hate groups arnt allowed on ubi

Yeh and that sillyness won't be tolerate here either.

Seriously the "not buying" crowd are really over reacting a tad, this is a very short promo piece and putting too much emphasis on what is imparted in a few seconds is not a good idea. Even the cloaking thing, this is tech that is probably well underway in DARPA labs and there is a probablility that it will be used in some form, come the actual time that FS is set in.

I guess I'm saying, don't say now something that someone might quote back to you in a few months. :thumbsup:

@ Paladin, come on dude, you know better than that. RIP after viewing a 1 minute video? Yes, folks really have gotten stuck in a negativity rut, but I didn't expect you to fall in quite so soon!

Hey, I might eventually get into and actually enjoy the game. I can enjoy fanciful 'near future' sci-fi -- Crysis is cool in its own way. Perhaps GR:FS will be too, but I'll have to change my perspective and view it more as a Crysis-like game when what I've really been hoping for is something more realistically rooted in the real world from the new Ghost Recon. Oh well.

I love the quote at the start "The soldier of the future is an F16 on legs".

Well damn, I just gotta know where they're gonna stick the afterburner :rocky:

Seriously though, I think we can all safely lock away the dim yet warming hope that we might just get an updated [GR] experience.

The game may be good and we may all end up back on a GR server kicking the hell out of each other but GR as we knew it is gone for good.

Lets just call it FUTURE SOLDIER and see how it pans out.

Edited by Dai-San

I love the quote at the start "The soldier of the future is an F16 on legs".

Well damn, I just gotta know where they're gonna stick the afterburner :rocky:

Seriously though, I think we can all safely lock away the dim yet warming hope that we might just get an updated [GR] experience.

The game may be good and we may all end up back on a GR server kicking the hell out of each other but GR as we knew it is gone for good.

Lets just call it FUTURE SOLDIER and see how it pans out.

:thumbsup: x2

Hi Guys. I was late to the [GR] party, but even if it was dated I fell in love. I'm not a regular poster here but have always followed what has gone in the GR community. With GR 2, GRAW 1&2 I was never completely happy with the final product but I did find elements that I did enjoy, however this teaser has left me completely disenfranchised with the GR series.

Ubi has recently gone about updating there franchises with some sucesses and some failures. Assassins Creed 2 my personel Game of the year. I understand that they are try to expand their market appeal but this is really a slap in the face. They have so many options to take this franchise and yet they take the route that will burn so many hardcore GR fans. I wouldn't even consider myself one of the "hardcore" but I feel so burned! There such a huge market for "modern warfare" as we saw last year I can't understand why they chose this direction.

I thought I would be the last one to say this but .........RIP GR. :(

Edited by Calgar99

I love technology as much as the next person but jumping around with a cloaking device using my laser weapons might be a little too much. ;)
Laser gun probably not, but how 'bout a Light Saber. Those Ghosts in that still from the promo vid (Post#42) look an AWful lot like Jedi Knights...wonder if that was intentional?

____

Best case scenario. Ubi could be playing fast and loose with their advertising, again. Remember the buzz generated over the thermal sights and the M99s "defilade" capability in :AW* PR deception campaign?

It is funny how they are always touting the bells and whistles and never the core game play mechanics... as if they were of secondary concern.

Bait and switch comes to mind.

Last I knew the GR series have ALL taken place ahead of the actual time line here. GR1 took place in 2008 and they were pretty close to what actually happened (luck?). GR2 was in 2011 if I'm not mistaken. GRAW took place in 2013 and GRAW2 was 2014. Most of the guns and gizmos that have been in these games are coming to be a reality and in the time zones that these games have been taking place (although GR2 - GRAW2 still haven't come around yet but they are on the right path still..).

My guess is that this is going to take place sometime between 2018 and 2020 and I am willing to almost bet that we have the technology that is presented in this game by then and almost at a standard. You people are trying to take a game that takes place in the future and compare it to today. Of course we don't have the cloak mastered yet, but we are getting closer and closer each day?

I understand that you all want a modern day GR and if you want that, I say stick to GR1 as it takes place now pretty much. But if you want to keep the game going in the time line that this series take place in, you will need to take the game as its going and deal with the guess of these guys making the game in the tech available to our soldiers then.

On a side note I cant wait for it :) It looks like Crysis with the tactical take that everyone that played Crysis wanted. :)

To me they look something out of LOTR

1st picture is from GR FS

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rat...UTURESOLDER.jpg

2nd and 3rd you can guess what am I talking about

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rat...DIER/nazgul.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rat...azgul-sword.jpg

@ Evilducky

I actually had experience technology advancement in the U.S. Army lets see:

1991 m16a1

1997 m16a2

2006 m4

Like I said before to somebody in this forum people at UBI SOFT are watching/reading to much Discovery Channel Popular Mechanics

After watching the video, it appears to me that it is GR meets Star Trek. I was expecting Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock to appear after being teleported from the Enterprise. :blink:

Klean, the OICW is the only future weapon used in GR. Everything else was present day tech.

I can't remember who it was, but they were talking about weapons being put into use, but remember that the Army canceled the OICW weapons project and will not see any use by even Special Forces troops.

To me they look something out of LOTR

1st picture is from GR FS

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rat...UTURESOLDER.jpg

2nd and 3rd you can guess what am I talking about

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rat...DIER/nazgul.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rat...azgul-sword.jpg

@ Evilducky

I actually had experience technology advancement in the U.S. Army lets see:

1991 m16a1

1997 m16a2

2006 m4

Like I said before to somebody in this forum people at UBI SOFT are watching/reading to much Discovery Channel Popular Mechanics

You act as if regular infantry have access to the same equipment SOF units do. That is not the case. As for the Advanced Warfighter gear a sister battalion to my old unit was testing it before we deployed in 2006 to Iraq. The Army scrapped it in its current form. The OICW was in prototype form, as were the laser designated 20mm grenades that were to be contained in the launcher. The XM8 I am near positive was the successor to the OICW, it too was scrapped. Now the military is leaning more to the M468 or the piston driven M4.

The cloak that you see in this video is based on technology that has been in development for years, its mostly being tested on vehicles though.

The nay sayers and bad mouthers on this forum really don't know what they are talking about for the most part.

I think people need to focus their feedback on those aspects {team play and such} if we’re to see the game we want.
Focus on those items/subjects uncovered by the BIG Announcement, and on which we have recieved NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA information of...gee, I don't know, Klean, but isn't that exactly what we've been doing here -for years- all along?

To play along, & off the top of my head, if you could pass this on to the Ubi-Paris crew and they, in turn, to the RSE folks. You never know.

Likely verbal dubs/taunts in the wave bank to nix.

"WAIT! I have to change batteries."

"Boo. hehe, I am a GHOST."

and, in light of the cloaking system, one pinched from another title...

"WHERE ARE YOU???"

Whiteknight77:

the OICW was big, heavy, bulky and expensive.

And what about the XM8 rifle in GR2\Summit Strike? supposedly even clerks are going to be armed by 2014 guess what? cancelled

I know what the OICW was and why it was canceled. I was more or less telling Klean that GR was not as futuristic as she thinks it was unless only having one prototype type weapon classifies the game as futuristic.

Ok, that's it. After reading the press release about this game and seeing that trailer just now, I'm out. :wall:

It doesn't even resemble a Ghost Recon game. I could live with the stupid monocle and "MRC", but wearable Predator-style camouflage? If this game has any tactical element and real-world weapons I'd be surprised.

Alienshogun

the only reason on why the Army deployed the Future Force Warrior in 2007??? is because they wanted to test the system in the field after of course spending millions of dollars since 1990

Yeah those gizmos been in development since 1990 the program was called Land Warrior and yeah after 10 years they scrapped the concept and change the name to Future Force Warrior, I don't even know how the program is called today, now that blanket may have a possibility to work with vehicles but in a soldier at really doub it .... when Mr Special Forces hit the dirt that blanket is going get dirty, muddy, or wet and he will be in big trouble

I guess you are one of those guys that also like's the ACU and believe because of the digital pattern you have the perfect camouflage.

But seriously those gizmos are going to be available maybe in 30 years from now but not before.... heck we just switched to over the air HDTV last year lol

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

Ok, that's it. After reading the press release about this game and seeing that trailer just now, I'm out. :wall:

It doesn't even resemble a Ghost Recon game. I could live with the stupid monocle and "MRC", but wearable Predator-style camouflage? If this game has any tactical element and real-world weapons I'd be surprised.

I suggest you read my previous post.

Alienshogun

the only reason on why the Army deployed the Future Force Warrior in 2007??? is because they wanted to test the system in the field after of course spending millions of dollars since 1990

Yeah those gizmos been in development since 1990 the program was called Land Warrior and yeah after 10 years they scrapped the concept and change the name to Future Force Warrior, I don't even know how the program is called today, now that blanket may have a possibility to work with vehicles but in a soldier at really doub it .... when Mr Special Forces hit the dirt that blanket is going get dirty, muddy, or wet and he will be in big trouble

I guess you are one of those guys that also like's the ACU and believe because of the digital pattern you have the perfect camouflage.

But seriously those gizmos are going to be available maybe in 30 years from now but not before.... heck we just switched to HDTV digital over the air last year lol

I know all about Land Warrior, like I said my sister battalion was testing it. It isn't called anything now. The project was scrapped in its "current form."

It may or may not have been completely re-done, I'm near positive it hasn't.

Future force warrior is actually something completely different by the way.

That "blanket" as you call it, wouldn't be used for the entire mission, it would be completely cumbersome and noisy, you can assume if it ever was used "for real" it would be for insertion/extraction/recon only, and not for sustained engagement.

Nice work with "assumptions" I do not prefer the ACUs (my unit was also the 1st one to test them) We also tested the Desert versions before the digital pattern was adopted. I find the specialized camo much more effective, but for your information the digital pattern does work well in heavy urban areas.

You can assume all you want about what gizmos will be available when, but I can tell you right now and from experience all of the prior Ghost Recon games have been pretty close in their predictions of what is possible on the battlefield for the predicted time. While the reactive camo may seem to be a stretch, it isn't as far off as you may think.

Your ignorance is really showing when you are comparing military advancement to home television technology advancement. Seriously, learn the subject matter before jamming both feet into your mouth.

After seeing the trailer of the game, I'm scared .... These camouflage, similar to the game "Crysis ".... I hope to maintain the spirit of the game and not become a Modern Warfare 2.

And I hope to include a map editor, similar to the game FarCry2 !!!!!

We can only pray and hope :mellow: