Paris studio versions announced (x360+PS3)

Pave Low

wow that was anticlimactic :huh: (following all the hype of a BIG announcement)

Ubisoft unveils Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:rolleyes: , like we couldnt see that coming :P

Press Release:

UBISOFT® EXPANDS TOM CLANCY PORTFOLIO WITH TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER

Exclusive Multiplayer Beta Available This Summer

LONDON – February 9, 2010 – Today Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™ is in development at Ubisoft’s Paris studio and is scheduled to be released worldwide Holiday 2010.

Created by the award-winning team behind Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2, the game will feature cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will go beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience, with an unparalleled level of quality that will excite long-time fans and newcomers alike.

Ubisoft is offering gamers a chance to be the first to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Multiplayer Beta this summer 2010. This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which releases on 16 April 2010.

Eurogamer article: "ghost-recon-future-soldier-revealed"

Ubisoft's big reveal has turned out to be Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, a new instalment in the tactical shooter series that's due for release this autumn.

A press release promises "cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes".

No platforms have been announced.

there is supposed to be a video now available too...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fair enough but surely you knew that this announcement wouldn't be taken positively by alot of people on this site. Its really starting on the wrong foot.

I understand that, but I'd rather share what I can rather than not simply because I know something isn't going to be taken well, lest I than be thought of as not keeping you in the loop, y'know?

A press release promises "cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes".

Here we go again, plus dueling dev houses. Again.

Sorry, but does anyone remember when ArmA2OA is scheduled for release?

Damn I was really holding out for news on a New Rainbow Six, ie real news not merely confirmation of what we already new.

Oh well, at least now we can expect a drip feed of solid information on what's in store for the series.

At last an official annoncement but I guess UBI focus is with the 360 and don't get me wrong I own one but the question is, are PC users going to get a proper version of the game?

Oh well prepare for the worst and hope for the best

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

To play test you have to fork out for another full priced game. A game that I am not interested in at all.

I am in a similar situation as you, although I will wait for some reviews first as the interview on xbox live made it sound ok.

I wonder if you buy the splinter cell game will it come with a code and if so could you then sell the game on and still access the Beta? I am trying to remember how crackdown dealt with the Halo 3 Beta, I think it used a code and you had to insert the game disc in order to download.

To play test you have to fork out for another full priced game. A game that I am not interested in at all.

LOL, I agree! Splinter Cell:C as bad as it looks it will be my last as like GRAW i had to play it twice to believe in how bad its gotten before i said, rental only until proven otherwise! So since SC:C is must likely my last SC game i buy/rent (may never even rent another SC if its as bad as it seems it is). I mind as well check out GR too if any false hopes arises from all the PR coming up!