GRIN and BEAR it...

was it really ... simple ... ive had ... bigger... man up ... lifes story.

Milk

:wub:

sry i dont swing that way

and no u cant have my milk

Hummmm....

Cottage Cheese

scratch-head01-idea-animated-animat.gif

No idea where these posts are leading, but it seems to be a bit off topic. :nono:

As for a few of the other posts, let's make sure we keep it civil.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea where these posts are leading, but it seems to be a bit off topic. :nono:

Ahhh... :hmm:

Not really sure, but I think we just got spanked by the Forum Witch...

spank.gif

"Thank you Ma'am, may I have another!!!"

:D

Bogie,

Finished the mission today, no crashes, hard but fun!!!

Keep em coming!

Just an observation: If you go to the left before entering the city, you do not trigger the 04 trigger, which does not recognize the 2nd respawn point, you can go to the informer and he does not recognize your presence, make it all the way to the tunnel entrance and get killed by the tank blocking the entrance sending you back to the first respawn point. :hmm:

mexicobob

Not a problem. Apparently they went in a direction outside of the fun our groups typically share.

sry i dont swing that way

I was just quoting segments in my usual "Sanchez" or "Vitale" messed up way which is typically off the wall and make no sense what-so-ever and in no way was trying to insinuate that you enjoy the company of farm animals. So in the spirit of fun, I apologize and remember your sensitivity to the subject matter.

Bogie,

Finished the mission today, no crashes, hard but fun!!!

Keep em coming!

Just an observation: If you go to the left before entering the city, you do not trigger the 04 trigger, which does not recognize the 2nd respawn point, you can go to the informer and he does not recognize your presence, make it all the way to the tunnel entrance and get killed by the tank blocking the entrance sending you back to the first respawn point. :hmm:

mexicobob

DOOOH!!! You are correct, there is a portion of that back area that I missed with a location trigger. Great Catch :clapping: I will fix this and probably repost after I release a few of these others that are currently in beta.

Glad you liked and just remember, this is geared more towards 4 folks at this time, so it may be a little more difficult if you are lone wolfing it at the moment. I will have a Lone Wolf version in the final release.

----------------

Thanks again everyone!!

Bogie

Yes, that is certainly dedication.

Last night we started with 4 folks, which quickly grew to 7 by the time we came out of the tunnel. Total time for us was around 110 minutes. We were also testing different areas, triggers, prop issues, etc. so it did take a little longer than it normally would with a squad that size.

Thanks again.. phew... 4 hours

Killing the helos took most of the time! They are hard to kill, wish we had Zuses!

I am 67 and my aim is not so steady with the sniper rifle!

My dear, your son are much proud of you, this is your masterpiece to now a very big piece of good work you have been made for us players on GRAW 2 I like it to last minnut, it is a great map, might be a little more to kill it, please tel it to me bogie before you make it into a big map with day and night and storm, so i cant get the map in daytime on my serv. VH DADY ebk52 w00t:hehe:

My dear, your son are much proud of you, this is your masterpiece to now a very big piece of good work you have been made for us players on GRAW 2 I like it to last minnut, it is a great map, might be a little more to kill it, please tel it to me bogie before you make it into a big map with day and night and storm, so i cant get the map in daytime on my serv. VH DADY ebk52 w00t:hehe:

Thanks for the compliment, EBK52, it means a lot to me that you enjoyed the map the way that you did. I was very happy that you were also able to help us beta this past week.

----------------------

Version 1.4 beta is now ready to test. (v1.3 alpha kept having memory leak issues, so we skipped it's release). We had discovered quite a few errors and some standard GRAW2 issues that kept coming up that we needed to work around. Hopefully, this beta will be a little more stable on the dedicated servers. Here are the changes:

- Removed both GRAW1 "Fuel Tanker" props that you could not shoot around or under.

- Fixed the "Trigger 04" area as there was a section up the middle where you could completely bypass this trigger - causing later triggers not to activate

- Section II: Havoc we initially rescripted in v1.3alpha, but may have been the root cause to the severe memory leaks we experienced, so we removed it for now. With all of the other activity at "Trigger 05", this just seemed to add too much lag as well.

- Section II: Removed some of the AI storming patrols at "Trigger 05"

- Section II: Added 5 Pickup Trucks with Mercenaries at various locations

- Section II: Made all of the ADATs available for C4 detonation at any time, even before the mission asks you to blow them up. Tested pretty well that even after blowing up 3, then getting the informant - it auomatically just picked up where we left off and showed on the objectives as only needing 2 to complete this section. Also, the NARCOMs didn't try to play all at once for the ones that I blew up before the informant - just picked up after the next detonation... worked great on Alpha Test, we'll see if folks have issues attaching on the dedicated.

- Section II: Removed the Havoc as it was only creating lag and wasn't very effective with all of the buildings around.

It has been suggested to place mines in the initial section. However, we are really pushing the resource limitation since we have to import all of the GRAW1 buildings, props and textures. So this probably will not occur.

Again, just like Pollux, these GRAW1 conversions are a little tricky and take many more resources than GRAW2 vanilla maps.

Here is the link -> http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_4b.zip

Bring On The Cheeze!!

Bogie

Version 1.4 beta is now ready to test. (v1.3 alpha kept having memory leak issues, so we skipped it's release). We had discovered quite a few errors and some standard GRAW2 issues that kept coming up that we needed to work around. Hopefully, this beta will be a little more stable on the dedicated servers. Here are the changes:

Here is the link -> http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_4b.zip

Bring On The Cheeze!!

Bogie

Bogie,

I loaded the new version and played SP for 3 hrs and when I went to change the rate of fire in the tunnel it crashed.

I had aprox 234 kills by then. I was playing as a scout7 with a MR-c .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot more AI action than ver 1.2b, thanks for no havocs

:)

Mexicobob

got this crash after we blew the truck that spawns near the informant

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\sdriverlogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: position in type <destroyed c++class>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\sdriverlogics.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Physics : normal

Played again tonight, no crashes. Finished Sp in 2 1/2 hrs. Very good mission, loved it, could have had maybe one havoc to keep the blood pumping. More AI at extraction makes for a hard ending.

Very good show keep it coming

Mexicobob

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.6b is ready for testing. I would normally release the mission at this point, but there were several significant updates and new props added to the mission.

*** DISCLAIMER: Please do not play this mission if you suffer from Ranidaphobia or work for the SPCA

Updates with version 1.6b:

- New genetically enhanced organic IED props with sound. This is really what I need tested on dedicated servers to see if they function as indicated.

- Minimap is now functioning instead of the grayed out areas

- Completely removed the Havocs and the lag issues

- Removed some of the storming AI when you enter the facility

- Added some pickup trucks in the open areas

- Timed the optional respawn trigger points to wait 60 seconds before the next respawn trigger to keep people just sitting in a respawn area

- The respawn point in the barracks should have you appear in the barracks every time

- The ADAT B warehouse now has all vehicles exploding and not just the ADAT

- Added the final load screen

- Removed all of the trigger messages

Have fun -> http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_6b.zip

Bogie

Hey all,

First, thanks for password Bogie (much appreciate)

Second, i do not have finished the mission but my first impressions are the following:

-- 200mb files is not a problem for me (just to upload at 39kb/s :( ) ... very nice textures (1920x1080, PhysX max, all setting full... 60/90 fps ) amazing grass and rock.

-- Destination of frog sounds seems correct with a 5.1 headset

But sometimes, we don't see the frog, we can't shoot them and....boumm..... like as just up the first spawn checkpoint. (Genetic frog are bloody hell... lol)

Sometimes we see some frog, scope, shoot and nothing else..no explosion. It's normal?

The color (blue and red) of frogs play a role?

I will continue testing tomorrow because it's time to sleep a little.

Thanks for your great job m8

Cheers

-- Destination of frog sounds seems correct with a 5.1 headset

But sometimes, we don't see the frog, we can't shoot them and....boumm..... like as just up the first spawn checkpoint. (Genetic frog are bloody hell... lol)

Sometimes we see some frog, scope, shoot and nothing else..no explosion. It's normal?

The color (blue and red) of frogs play a role?

Thanks for testing, Gorilla!! Glad you liked the map and mission.

Just to answer your questions

- The sound only comes from the frogs that will detonate either by shooting or proximity (like the Dav Mines)

- There are currently 60 frogs on the map that will explode if spooked

- There are about 120 frogs on the map where you shoot them and their bodies & eyes desintegrate (sp?) and their 4 legs go flying.

- There are 4 colors of frogs: Mold Blue, Dark Red, Flesh (orange-ish) and Salmon (black head and dark red hind area). Each of these are the same and have no significance as to their color.

After testing tonight with the AGB, we will be adding some initial explosions and more text indicating that it is truly the frogs that are exploding. This way you don't have the pubbies getting upset when they keep dying :D

Thanks again and would love to see some of your maps redesigned for GRAW2 :thumbsup:

Bogie

played on dedi server last night

some frogs not showin up , some dont explode when u shoot them, others are fine

60% of ai just standing around doin nothing

tried with rahns mod and normal weapons same both ways

still relative easy

nice alienware agb logos lol

needs my pic in this one as well to make it better

played on dedi server last night

some frogs not showin up , some dont explode when u shoot them, others are fine

Hi Zero, you may have to look for the frogs, some of them are up in the trees as well. Those are the most deadly because you never really think of looking up. Also, some of the frogs don't blow up. They are the real deal but it just gives you the paranoia of looking and fearing the frogs. I think Bogie mentioned that 60 or so out of the 110 frogs are IEDs.

60% of ai just standing around doing nothing

Yeah we saw the same when we tested last night, but not 60%. The sleeping AI were mostly encountered on the far left side after exiting the tunnel. Bogie noticed them and is probably going to remove them. For us it was more like 10%-15%. Strange that it was that high for you guys. How many people were playing at the time? We had about 6 to 7 last night. Could be that as everyone went in separate directions activating many AI at once. That seems to be a issue with big maps and non-linear gameplay. I know that Bogie is working on this...

still relative easy

I thought at the beginning it was rather intense. As mentioned we had about 6-7 players onboard and it took us about 65 mins to complete the mission playing vanilla weapons. You guys must be much better than us in that regard. How long did it take you guys? Just trying to get an idea... I did find the end rather easy and Bogie is working on it to try to make it more challenging. Unfortunately with this map when coming to the end there are no choke points due to its size and adding a Havoc seemed to crash the server. I think Bogie will come up with something to surprise us.

nice alienware agb logos lol

Yeah that is what one of our forum designers came up with. It is rather Alienware looking!!!!

same amount of ppl same amount of time for us

i missed the line that said 120 frogs lol

they didnt desintegrate for us just bounced around and some exploded after we shot them lol

and alot of the ai in the buildings were chillin

missed the helis but they are lag friendly

maybe more mounted 50's would workup on the walls

Just finished this SP, I hate frogs!!! Kept looking for RPG's. They killed me more than the enemy did.

I only counted 521 AI that I killed, they got me 36 times. I lost count of frog kills.

Time to play Lone Wolf was aprox. 3 hrs, with a time out for dinner.

Played faster with Rahnman's mods. No crashes.

Good job.

Hey all,

Running on Rahnman's mod, playing myself, server crash after second checkpoint with:

Out of memory allocating 553020 bytes

Physics : normal

Think Hypernia server is too little for this map?