GRIN and BEAR it...

**********BRINGING TO THE TOP ***************

Here it is, version 1.6 beta for GRIN and BEAR it.

http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_6b.zip

No real storyline and the flow is in really 3 different sections of the map due to the size being HUGE!

Here are some of the issues that you will see beta testing that I am aware:

- Minimap is working, but the city areas are gray: This is due to the area of the map being so large that the props default to their respective silhouettes. What I need to do it take time to cut out chunks of smaller areas, then photoshop them on the original minimap.

- Textures on the highway are missing: Saves about 15Mb of very specific textures by not using the defaults. Just need to reskin with textures that are already existing.

- Building where ADAT B(?) has a lightmap issue with the ground. I actually have to manually shade it in.

- Trigger 14 (After the tunnel in the last section) is just a little "spawn laggy", so I may need to break up the territory a bit.

- Tried to have an additional Abrams tank in the back section and it kept colliding with the other tank for some reason... so I just have one at the moment.

Here are the objectives:

- [sECTION 1] Begin at the same location as the original "Ready for Brear" in the woods

- Get to the informant, which is where the original friendly tank prisoners used to be held.

----- There is an Optional Respawn Point on the way

- [sECTION 2]Take out the 5 scattered ADATs to clear the roadblock at the tunnel

----- Several more Optional Respawn Points on the way

- Roadblock is destroyed by Air Force - but Abrams 01 escapes and you have to go around or detonate

- [sECTION 3] Take out the following military assets:

----- 5x RPG Nests (Added Health)

----- 2x Howitzers

----- Supply Depot

----- A few optional Respawn Points to help you get more centralized in this section

- Extract

Enjoy,

Bogie

http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_6b.zip -> Again, this map is huge and very resource intensive. I also have to restate that THE MAP itself is NOT COMPLETE. So still working on a few deficiencies.

************** ORIGINAL MESSAGE ***************

Finally, was able to get the lightmaps to run last night and the map looks great. GRAW1 Props are resource hogs to begin with, but to convert an entire GRAW1 map with all of the buildings, roads, props, etc. is a sometimes a memory killer. However, beta should begin fairly soon for GRAW1 conversion of Mission #6: Ready for Bear. Below are a couple of snap shots to show you how it's going.

Later,

Bogie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, NO!!! That's quite alright. :D

Too late - already done...

Puhhh, seems like i misunderstood that you give it up with modding. :P

:rofl: Yea, that other thread was a joke. John just stated that he agreed with "everything" I said without stating what "everything" was; I just elaborated and stated that I told him I was going to die via sleeping pill overdose and that he agreed with me... which isn't true ... I tried to overdose with birth control pills which only made me retain water and complain a lot.

This map kicks ass.

I will never forget the two havocs the tunnel.

Loved it and will love this. Cant wait for the beta.

Regards

Ares

The map conversion itself is 233 Mb is physical size, mainly due to all of the textures loading (compared to 120Mb in Pollux). I think I can whittle down an addition 60 Mb, but this will still be a very resource hungry level. A typical GRAW2 custom map is around 30-45 Mb is size just to compare.

I have already added tanks which are patroling quite nicely, but the havocs may need to be put on hold due to the resouce problems I've already experienced. This mission will be more tactical in nature and not the "balls-to-the-wall" slaughterfest of 1,000 AI. :starwars:

This was one of my favorites in GRAW1.

Looking forward to this one.

This was my favorite GRAW1 out-of-the-box mission as well. Ironically, the Castle Park was my least favorite, which is why I experimented with that one first so I didn't screw up "Ready for Bears" :boxing:

Thanks again for all of your interest. Still Alpha testing the mission script and making refinements. Once that is complete I just need to scatter the AI around the map and it will be released. My intentions were to release prior to when AGB does the majority of their server beta tests (Friday 10:00 pm EST, 7:00 pm PST), but I will be cutting it very close.

Later Y'all

Bo'e

Here it is, version 1.1 beta for GRIN and BEAR it.

No real storyline and the flow is in really 3 different sections of the map due to the size being HUGE!

Here are some of the issues that you will see beta testing that I am aware:

- Minimap is working, but the city areas are gray: This is due to the area of the map being so large that the props default to their respective silhouettes. What I need to do it take time to cut out chunks of smaller areas, then photoshop them on the original minimap.

- Textures on the highway are missing: Saves about 15Mb of very specific textures by not using the defaults. Just need to reskin with textures that are already existing.

- Building where ADAT B(?) has a lightmap issue with the ground. I actually have to manually shade it in.

- Trigger 14 (After the tunnel in the last section) is just a little "spawn laggy", so I may need to break up the territory a bit.

- Tried to have an additional Abrams tank in the back section and it kept colliding with the other tank for some reason... so I just have one at the moment.

Here are the objectives:

- [sECTION 1] Begin at the same location as the original "Ready for Brear" in the woods

- Get to the informant, which is where the original friendly tank prisoners used to be held.

----- There is an Optional Respawn Point on the way

- [sECTION 2]Take out the 5 scattered ADATs to clear the roadblock at the tunnel

----- Several more Optional Respawn Points on the way

- Roadblock is destroyed by Air Force - but Abrams 01 escapes and you have to go around or detonate

- [sECTION 3] Take out the following military assets:

----- 5x RPG Nests (Added Health)

----- 2x Howitzers

----- Supply Depot

----- A few optional Respawn Points to help you get more centralized in this section

- Extract

Enjoy,

Bogie

Bogie,

Wow! I played this mission twice last night and loved it! The map is huge, but the AI placement is light so it makes for great play as a squad or alone. I love the feel of this type of mission and it was very nostalgic to play this map again. I'm so glad you were able to get this working!

Thanks for the bush! Maybe if I "water" it it will turn into a tree, or a wall, or a building or (the pinnacle) a WATER TOWER! :P The possibilities are endless!

Cheers,

Rahn

Great map work Bogie, as usual. Tried it last night and didn't get to finish it because it was getting late. It looks very good with lots of running room. Anyway what I would like to see is a version with Diamonds on our teamates. I will admit that I don't like playing without those diamonds. Thanks for your work in making these maps.

TAW Goose

Version 1.2beta is now ready. Have quite a few updates from the testing this weekend:

Biggest change is the navigation of the map.

- Found that folks who were not familiar with this map from GRAW1 found it very difficult to get around as the theater of operations is massive. So there are more "Respawn Checkpoints" to help keep you from getting lost during the initial "Informant" objective.

- After all ADATs were destroyed in SECTION II, that the immediate green objective tags in SECTION III were a little too busy. So I created "RED SMOKE" and only one green tag that stated "Tunnel Entrance" so that everyone actually knows where the tunnel entrance is located. Once you reach this location, the SECTION III tags will be displayed

- In SECTION III (Final area), I created a "Dynamic Respawn" system that has 4 areas you can go to have your team respawn in no particular order. Since this area is so huge, it made sense that you can respawn from any area you wish and\or revisit a spawn point.

- Added 2 Havoc helicopters that take off from the two helipads

- Added storming of AI at the initial entrance to the city from the hills area in SECTION I

- Added storming of AI in the tunnels between SECTION II and SECTION III

- Added storming of AI near the extration point. This is by request as these areas had the highest FPS rate and felt that we needed more of a challenge.

- Added a few more AI Snipers in strategic locations. However, no more patrols have been added

- Added a few NARCOM videos

- Modified and fixed some of the textures, but I'm still having an issue with the bridge and the Hanger where ADAT B is located

Thanks for the bush! Maybe if I "water" it it will turn into a tree, or a wall, or a building or (the pinnacle) a WATER TOWER! :P The possibilities are endless!

Perhaps, we shall see... I do accept bribes, cars and mothers if they are over 74.

Glad you liked the map and thanks for joining us on the Barking Spider Friday.

Great map work Bogie, as usual. Tried it last night and didn't get to finish it because it was getting late. It looks very good with lots of running room. Anyway what I would like to see is a version with Diamonds on our teamates. I will admit that I don't like playing without those diamonds. Thanks for your work in making these maps.

TAW Goose

Yes, lots of running room, but also quite a bit of elevated building areas. Saw you out there today, hopefully you had a chance to finish.

I'm already planning on making 15 versions of this map. By adding a set without diamonds will bring that count up to 30 for the bundle. Even if I only created one with diamonds, perhaps a normal day version, folks from the Massive or 2 player Lone Wolf versions will want them, then the folks that like limited visibility will want some. We do have plenty of other mission scripters out there that only use the blue diamonds, so there are plenty of maps out there that can accomodate you. Perhaps one of these guys will create a script at a later date on this map.

Glad you enjoyed !!

-----------------------------------

Thanks again for all of the comments, support and suggestions. Please let me know if any of you find any significant errors as well as the newly suggested "Dynamic Respawn Zones" in the back half of the map.

Here is the link: http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_2b.zip

Enjoy,

Bogie

is there a way to ultra compress this map???

takin 40+ min just to dl to a server with this version i hate to see final version

No way to ultra compress the textures without losing serious quality - already tried with Pollux. Essentially, by compressing more, you actually see the pixelation (sp?) and some funky bump maps on the buildings and grounds.

The only other way to reduce the texture size is to reskin with GRAW2 textures. But we are talking about a complete retexture of every prop, every road (which GRAW2 does not have) and every building which could take a long time. In addition, these are not 1 to 1 textures or apples to apples textures where they are of equal dimensions, ratios or even look similar so that the buildings look silly. Just take a look at the Tequilla Factory in Orion where I tried to do this. Doesn't look too bad for just this one building, but the vents, windows and other textures just looked way off - too much to hide, especially for a whole town.

So in an effort not to make the map look stupid, the textures are what they are. Remember, we are bringing pretty much all of the industrial textures from GRAW1 over into GRAW2.

Now just imagine if I had to break out all of theses map segments into different bundles ... oi ... that would be a freakin large download ... So what you can do with the 40+ minutes to upload the mission to the server is to contemplate your life and how you wish to lead or end it; are you fulfilled? do you have the appropriate amount of dating skills to actually procreate? do lilacs in the spring make you feel hungry? why do you feel excited after a whiff of the mens locker room?

Enjoy,

Bogie

Version 1.2beta is now ready. Have quite a few updates from the testing this weekend:

Biggest change is the navigation of the map.

- Found that folks who were not familiar with this map from GRAW1 found it very difficult to get around as the theater of operations is massive. So there are more "Respawn Checkpoints" to help keep you from getting lost during the initial "Informant" objective.

- After all ADATs were destroyed in SECTION II, that the immediate green objective tags in SECTION III were a little too busy. So I created "RED SMOKE" and only one green tag that stated "Tunnel Entrance" so that everyone actually knows where the tunnel entrance is located. Once you reach this location, the SECTION III tags will be displayed

- In SECTION III (Final area), I created a "Dynamic Respawn" system that has 4 areas you can go to have your team respawn in no particular order. Since this area is so huge, it made sense that you can respawn from any area you wish and\or revisit a spawn point.

- Added 2 Havoc helicopters that take off from the two helipads

- Added storming of AI at the initial entrance to the city from the hills area in SECTION I

- Added storming of AI in the tunnels between SECTION II and SECTION III

- Added storming of AI near the extration point. This is by request as these areas had the highest FPS rate and felt that we needed more of a challenge.

- Added a few more AI Snipers in strategic locations. However, no more patrols have been added

- Added a few NARCOM videos

- Modified and fixed some of the textures, but I'm still having an issue with the bridge and the Hanger where ADAT B is located

Perhaps, we shall see... I do accept bribes, cars and mothers if they are over 74.

Glad you liked the map and thanks for joining us on the Barking Spider Friday.

TAW Goose

Yes, lots of running room, but also quite a bit of elevated building areas. Saw you out there today, hopefully you had a chance to finish.

I'm already planning on making 15 versions of this map. By adding a set without diamonds will bring that count up to 30 for the bundle. Even if I only created one with diamonds, perhaps a normal day version, folks from the Massive or 2 player Lone Wolf versions will want them, then the folks that like limited visibility will want some. We do have plenty of other mission scripters out there that only use the blue diamonds, so there are plenty of maps out there that can accomodate you. Perhaps one of these guys will create a script at a later date on this map.

Glad you enjoyed !!

-----------------------------------

Thanks again for all of the comments, support and suggestions. Please let me know if any of you find any significant errors as well as the newly suggested "Dynamic Respawn Zones" in the back half of the map.

Here is the link: http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/coop_bogie_bear_v1_2b.zip

Enjoy,

Bogie

Yes there are plenty of maps with diamonds but NOT like this one. All I'm asking for is one day version with diamonds. Anyway you're the map maker not me, so the number of versions is up to you. I did play the map yesterday all the way through by myself. I had 382 kills at 40FPS. Only 2 or 3 ai were facing the wall. This is going to be a great map except when I'm killing "Zero" or other team members. :blush:

TAW Goose

This is going to be a great map except when I'm killing "Zero" or other team members. :blush:

TAW Goose

FYI, the gametype that removes the friendly blue diamonds as well as their locations on the minimap is essentially modeled after a TvT "Deathmatch" game. So since the foundation is a Deathmatch, all players are considered enemies, which is why you cannot see them on the map or have the diamonds. But the significance is that you can "accidentially" kill the players without getting Team Kills or kicked from the server if your server has this option enabled... so you can kill Zero as much as you like :whack:

is there a way to ultra compress this map???

takin 40+ min just to dl to a server with this version i hate to see final version

Hey Bogie, it is not feasible to do a single day's maps before you turn all together for a big map with all of today's times, would not it be easier to transfer them when they are ready to afther tested for my part, I run as a regular dagstid only and will not fill so much hope you will listen to my wishes and yes I am also pleased to test it, it looks exciting.

=[ebk52]=GhostSoldiers=Elite

Hello EB (can I call you Daddy :D ), great to hear from you as it has been a while. There is a single Day version 1.2 beta that is out right now. Just go to the first post in this thread and the link will pull up the single map. The single map zipped download is 128Mb and the bundle is 200Mb. So far, this is a small as I can get this map in size.

What has been suggested is that I break apart server, lone wolf and normal missions into separate bundles that would be a part of the zip file. In this instance, the files would total 600 Mb.

But for now, there is only one bundle with one mission that is 200Mb.

Hope this answers your question.

Bogie

Now just imagine if I had to break out all of theses map segments into different bundles ... oi ... that would be a freakin large download ... So what you can do with the 40+ minutes to upload the mission to the server is to contemplate your life and how you wish to lead or end it; are you fulfilled? do you have the appropriate amount of dating skills to actually procreate? do lilacs in the spring make you feel hungry? why do you feel excited after a whiff of the mens locker room?

was it really necessary that u put this a simple yes /no would have worked ive had close friend kill themself for ppl sugg. that they end their life so watch what u put

and i dont see a problem of makin 2 bundles of maps that would mean that the bundles would be smaller not bigger. if u didnt want to do this just man up and say i not gonna do it instead of sayin ur lifes story. instead of makin 8 different day versions spend that time splittin the bundles