Rocky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summit Strike = Brewer

GRAW MP = Cortez

Many thanks for the very cool inside info! :ph34r:

I'm not too familiar with "Brewer" and googled it but quite a few Brewers related to the US military came up. Which Brewer was this code-name referring to?

How about Cortez? Is this referring to the Spanish conquistador that fought the Aztecs?

I'm not too familiar with "Brewer" and googled it but quite a few Brewers related to the US military came up. Which Brewer was this code-name referring to?

Digging into my memory, I think he told me at E3 2005 that Brewer was a Canadian general.

Also to add to your list: "Nimitz" = R6 Lockdown.

And 'Montgomery' was V.F.S. Vanguard if I recall correctly. A project canceled back in the R6 days. Another canceled game was Planet Texas but I can't remember that code name.

Thanks for the reply John!

Yeah, I remember VFS Vanguard and it looked intriguing ... I remember there was also a game called Bang Gunship Elite and not sure if that was related

I'm curious what the premise of Planet Texas would have been ... :huh:

The Predator thing is either (1) a working title, as Redstorm are known for doing - CR6 can rattle them off

Haha, can't quite rattle them off like I used to, but I dug around the 3dR forums and found a few code names for RSE projects. They generally name them after historical military leaders so "Predator" doesn't seem to fall into the mold, but things might have changed ...

http://forums.3dretreat.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5452

Rainbow Six: "Sherman"

Eagle Watch: "MacArthur"

Rogue Spear: "Rommel"

Urban Ops: "Patton"

Shadow Watch: "York"

Force 21: "Genghis"

Ghost Recon 1: "Ike" (as in Eisenhower)

Desert Siege: "Powell"

Island Thunder: "Kincaid"

Sum of All Fears: "Hannibal"

Raven Shield: "MacArthur"

Ghost Recon 2: "Stonewall" (as in Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson)

Here's an old Gr.net thread about the same topic

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18929

I wonder what game was code-named Montgomery?

Here's some additional ones for you:

Rainbow 6 Lockdown: "Nimitz"

GRAW: "Cortez"

GRAW 2: "Pershing"

GRAW 2 DLC: "Taylor"

America's Army: "Washington"

The new GR's internal name is another general and starts with a "W" :). From talking with friends at RSE, regardless of the name, it's going to be a great game. I've heard long time RSE devs mention that it's the most solid project they've ever worked on.

The new GR's internal name is another general and starts with a "W" :). From talking with friends at RSE, regardless of the name, it's going to be a great game. I've heard long time RSE devs mention that it's the most solid project they've ever worked on.

Wow, that sounds definetely great :thumbsup:

Edited by thales100

Sounds great, that's spurred me on to bash on with some site updates here!

Summit Strike = Brewer

GRAW MP = Cortez

How about Cortez? Is this referring to the Spanish conquistador that fought the Aztecs?

Margaret Brewer was the first female Marine general grade officer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_A._Brewer

And yes.

Funny story about Brewer, we originally wanted to call it Stuart, after Jeb Stuart, the general who succeeded Stonewall Jackson. However, being that the producer in charge of Nimitz was named Stuart, it would have been a little confusing. :)

Thanks for the reply Ser. That is very cool RSE paid tribute to Brigadier General Brewer.

Here's some additional ones for you:

Rainbow 6 Lockdown: "Nimitz"

GRAW: "Cortez"

GRAW 2: "Pershing"

GRAW 2 DLC: "Taylor"

America's Army: "Washington"

Hey Patrick, good to see you around these parts again and thanks for the additional info! Very interesting to see that DLCs had their own code-names too!

Great news about the new GR!

Also, sorry to hear what happened at Atomic last year. I just checked and Atomic's website is still up so I assume the company is still around. Not sure if you can let us know how things are going.

That sounds great OlyStubbie.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said yesterday: "The evolution of Ghost Recon will bring a completely new and fresh approach to the shooter genre.

"The title is so impressive, it has the potential to rival Assassin's Creed as our biggest game of fiscal year '11."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=231719

Big Words from the CEO, I really hope that we hear and see something soon!

Thanks for the reply Ser. That is very cool RSE paid tribute to Brigadier General Brewer.

Hey Patrick, good to see you around these parts again and thanks for the additional info! Very interesting to see that DLCs had their own code-names too!

Great news about the new GR!

Also, sorry to hear what happened at Atomic last year. I just checked and Atomic's website is still up so I assume the company is still around. Not sure if you can let us know how things are going.

Yeah it was a bit of a rough end of last year with us pretty much going from 76 people down to 12. Of course my ninja reflexes and witty back talk made me an invaluable member of the team so I'm still here and we're still making a game. We've shelved Six Days in Fallujah for now but the president of the company is still hell bent on making it eventually.

Hopefully you'll here about our current title in the next several months. I personally think it's a fun game but definitely not the scope of SDiF.... thankfully. ;)

Hopefully you'll here about our current title in the next several months. I personally think it's a fun game but definitely not the scope of SDiF.... thankfully. ;)

Thanks for the update! Wish you all the best with your new game. Please give us a heads up when you guys announce it as I'm sure a lot of us here will be interested!