m35 from example map not textured correctly?

H-Hour

I'm trying to use the m35 truck from the example map in one of my maps and the UVW coordinates for the texture are all messed. I get that obsolete file format message, so I'm wondering if it's occurring because of different 3dsm versions, or if everyone has this problem.

http://www.notthisway.com/temp/m35.jpg

Anyone else taken this thing out without having to redo the skinning? I'm terrible at working with UnwrapUVW, so I'm hoping I don't have to redo it.

Like most modders I've had a go at salvaging the example map/ vehicles And they all have texture issues but I don't remember it being as bad as your one.

I don't know whether its a scale problem (I had to scale my one down to fit the centimeter/ meter scale of my map)

sorry :(

I have not tried , never even looked at it :unsure: were is it ?

As for the texture , i dont think its a scale issue as some of it is in the right place. It appears to be mostly messed up on the cab and front ? is the textue on 2 .rsb? if so try fliping the texture

The Demo map is on one of the discs (maybe DS or IT?..... can't really remember) It's the MP version of the castle map and has the truck and the little pick-up as part of the map.

RSE also released example max files for the blackhawk, CRRC, BMP and a vehicle called the stinger as well as the fixed machine gun.

I have them all on file somewhere if you need them

:thumbsup:

The Demo map is on one of the discs (maybe DS or IT?..... can't really remember) It's the MP version of the castle map and has the truck and the little pick-up as part of the map.

RSE also released example max files for the blackhawk, CRRC, BMP and a vehicle called the stinger as well as the fixed machine gun.

I have them all on file somewhere if you need them

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info ,, never really looked at what was on there, only ever been in there for thr .rsb amd Max plug-in's