GRCM 1.0

Is the thinking on skins sorta like sabre teams where you have to pick em before you launch??

What about doin it similar to what grm6.0 did? Where you could pick skins within a mp game already running?

How about we mix it? An application for picking uniforms for platoons before launch. And we have a selection to choose from in game.

What is your opinions?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stalker...When you say picking them in the MP game what exactly do you mean? Do you mean like setting up the multiplayer platoon to have certain characters and using them? We all also have to decide on what characters we want as the standard soldier...Do we want shadows NVG guys or something else? :wacko:

If you have a copy of grm 6.0 you would see what I mean.

I meant in multiplayer game just before a game launches where you have the opportunity to pick your weapon. In grm 6.0, as you picked the class of soldier to look for guns you can cycle through several skins within a class. For instance a rifleman would have a few skins, a sniper would have a few skins and so on.

The only disadvantage to that would be the time it would take to cycle through skins and weapons. The plus side was the player had total control of what skin he could use after each round.

And on the single player side.................

you can assign a skin to each class like rifleman, sniper, support would all be a different skin. And if you had more skins to assign to a class like rifleman. You could set it up so that every time you load a mission , on the team set up screen a different skin would load up for that class. For instance if you had a blue rifleman skin for one mission, the nest mission a red skin would appear instead.

If you don't have a copy of grm6.0 then look for me on msn messenger

olternat@hotmail.com

I will transfer it to you.

Along the lines of the altered models featured in the last few pages...

How many photos have you seen of the various SF Units, particularly from the U.S., that have their BDUS bloused into their boots? Most wear them over the top. I know it' s a little issue, but it's the little details that make a good game and it's always bugged me.

How hard would it be for an experienced 3DSMAX user to alter the base models to reflect this?

Back from a trip North,Okay Stalker Is this a pure Multiplayer mod or is it designed for SP,is it a realistic mod,or what,no disrespect here to other skinners and modders,but I on a personal note don't like uniforms that are not based on current world forces,I want something that you know is the real deal worn by real operators...sorry but that's my opinion.

This mod sounds as if euphoria's beggining to play a big part,you need to take stock soon,as this mod will be huge,maybe to large for all the poor 56k guys to D/l,and that'll maybe put some people off,all these weapons textures and Uni textures will make this 100+mb,you need to be realistic here in what you want to achieve,or perhaps break it down into Weapon/skin/map/mission packages,otherwise the idea will be just to big to be concievable,again it all takes time to assemble,so what time frame are we looking at,remember that Raven Shields just around the corner,and I fear a lot of the GR community will seek pastures and challenges new!!!

@Argyll,

Ok. This mod is supposed to be a "ghostrecon community mod" meaning it will have a broad participation from many contributors. It is meant to showcase some of the best work from many modders and it is for both single and multiplayer play. As for the uniforms....we can mix in a few "real world" uniforms but alot of the custom uniforms I think are pretty cool including the stealthflage uniforms by nightmare and the great new nightvision gear headwear skins by mm shadow and others....including you.

Remember people, we don't have to work on making everything. We should include some work from favorite mods (with permission) and then boil everything down to see what we will include.

This brings the other point in..........."what about size?". Well, while I don't think it should take a week to download, I also think this should not be a small mod by any means. What I propose is that there be several ways to obtain the mod.

A broadband version that would just be one big archive to download. Another should be the mod split up into chunks for the 56kers. And for the MAC users not to leave em out the mod should be in some type of .zip format because I believe macs can read .zip.

And I for one don't believe Ravenshield is going to "kill" ghostrecon. Its a different type of game. Yes some people will move on but I don't think the whole community will go over. Its just too different a game. I've already played the demo and while I like it.....it just isn't that great in other areas. I still think RSE might do one more expansion pack for GR and it will be fun to watch the development progress of ghostrecon 2.

I for one will make very sure that I participate somehow in its development by giving my advise to the RSE forums.

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Okay Stalker,sounds good to me,just wanted to "test the water",may I be so bold as say that ,you need to have a closing date for entries,say 30thJan,then a consultation phase,which perhaps may include a poll as to what everyone wants,and agrees too,as you are right to point out,this will be huge(I'm a 56k'er)say another 2 weeks,of "I want this,I want that......",then the manufacure of the mod itself,say by the end of April,I'll send you some SS of my skins and if you want to use them,drop me a line!

Lets not have a date for last submissions just yet but thats a good idea. We need to talk to jepetto some more maybe in a chatroom.

olternat@hotmail.com is my msn messenger email so you could put me on that list. Yes we will have to decide what we want in the mod and setting up a poll for certain issues will get more involved so that they will feel more like its "their" mod.

Good idea.

Hey guys. Lets not stop creating here. Despite the skins we have we still don't have enough.

If you think all the cool ideas for skins have been taken then think again. Yes there is still room for you guys if you want to contribute character skins. And here is a big area that has been ignored...........women!

We need some cool commando, soldier type skins for women. This game is set in the near future and more women will be in front line/special forces units. Yes dangerous babes by bajabravo was amusing but we need some more female skins. Skins of them that are more serious.

So come on make some!! Get creative! Put some of them in ski masks and cool commando assault vests and gear. I've already posted images and links for cool assault vest ideas in this thread or the stickys in the other sections. So look back in the threads to get some ideas and put women in those commando suits! The work on this community mod is not over.

:o=:o=

Hi, Stalker invited me to help. I will do missions for you but I have no time for anything more. BTW Im no newbie. Ive been Gring since it came out. Have been over at the platoon. Ohh if they find out that Ive been spreading my wild oats they will kill me!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...