GRCM 1.0

Ok it seems this Ghostrecon Community Mod is gaining steam.

We are thinking of designating it GRCM 1.0 or GMEP 1.0 for Ghostrecon Modders Expansion Pack. We are not sure which yet.

Its basically a community weapon mod that will include weapons donated from several different modders.

Some will have several guns from one guy or even one or two from another. We are also going to get donations from already released mods to beef up the weapon selections. All weapons will have their original creators consent and original .gun files.

To expand on the idea we are considering asking skinners to donate a few pieces of their work so a player can have a selection of skins to choose from like how the gunslingers grm6.0 did.

And we are also asking if skinners would like to donate original skins to this mod.

Perhaps Ruin could debut one or two of his top secret skins from the invisible sniper mod.

Perhaps bajabravo could donate a few of his. Maybe one of those cool urban skins from the 22nd s.a.s mod with the gas masks. And so on and so on.

And....as for an original skin could some good skinner out there try to create something based on this..............................

2490_1.jpg

RACK1.jpg

If so please let us know.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe. Or I could tell ya ;) It's basically Character Chooser on steroids. Lol, ok maybe not that cool, but I think it'll be good. In addition to choosing the characters for any character in the game you will also be able to choose weapon selections for the different characters. You can put in pictures, descriptions, and information on the weapons. So... you go to play the mode and you can choose weapons and characters from those available from the mod. If you have any suggestions or wanna talk to me drop me a message or email me. Well, back to programming. :D

Sure, if you've seen Character Chooser (the utility I made), the modder creates characters and skin files and .chr files and puts them in folders. The modder then goes into Character Chooser and creates character files that specify the character, they can put in a description of any text they want on what the character skin is like I.E. jungle camo, plus a picture of some sort. Then when the user of the mod runs Character Chooser, he/she will then be able to choose from these characters and pick which one he or she wants to use for every character in the game. The same thing goes for the weapons, the modder creates the weapons and the .kit files and then sets the pictures and descriptions they want the user to see when they are setting up the mod. So then the user goes and runs Character Chooser and chooses any weapon for any character. Basically, it's just a fancy way of displaying cool stuff about skins and weapons and moving files around so that they get put i the correct place when Ghost Recon loads. Hope This Helps. It's kinda confusing. :blink::)

You'll have to create all the kits. If you don't create the kit it won't show up as one that's available. All of the model files, gun files, textures, etc. for the weapons will be in their assigned place as usual, the only thing that's different is the kit files get moved around. Just create the kit icons and put em in the right place and it should work fine.

And it'll just be cooler.

Sorry if I put words in your mouth mate.

Np, thanks for the encouragement. I'm getting phsyched. :D

:huh: Hmmmmmmmmm I'll give it a shot... Or at least, something equally intimidating! I get some ideas from the good 'ol Blackhawk gear catalog also! The second guy is wearing the Blackhawk MOLLE R.A.C.K. system (Ranger Assault Carry Kit), the top guy has the commando chest harness with a hooded 1 piece chemical suit, protec and the NVG's, etc.. I can hook some of these guys up for the mod, Cobra6 and WardenMac are already contributing a tank load of weapons as it is. Stalker Zero are you the master cylinder? I have a camo-wetsuited SEAL diver character collecting dust also... :ph34r: Edited by Cocobolo DTD

Okay guy's I've made a 3DSMAX roughly based on the 2nd pic,but I need someone to host the pictures,as I don't have a website.

I'm also helping the SBS clan at the platoon with some skins and .chr's,and as always I have my master Bajabravo to thank,for his time and wisdom!!

Edited by Argyll

Okay guy's I've made a 3DSMAX roughly based on the 2nd pic,but I need someone to host the pictures,as I don't have a website.

I'm also helping the SBS clan at the platoon with some skins and .chr's,and as always I have my master Bajabravo to thank,for his time and wisdom!!

and God said"let there be SAS" and the gates of hell were opened

Well I guess since soup is leaving I will be the AFZ contact on this mod...I got your msn mag and I can help contribute skins and such...Any chance we can add some rednecks to the mod? hahaha...I also have an FTP if we need extra room...Give me some stuff you want made in terms of skins and I can help out...

Shadow,that's spooky,when I took a look at the pic,I saw that you could use the tankers head,combined with the demo's body,adjust some colours,make the png's and voila!!,as I don't have a host site I've just sent Stalker my version renders,and they look similar to yours!!!

Well done they look good

If we're gonna add in stuff like splash screens and different types of interface then I would like to volunteer on doing those...Just give me some idea of how they should be...

If you dont have a host and need some help getting pictures up email them to me or you can also give them to 300mag...He has access to an AFZ.com FTP... :ph34r:

OMG !!!! Those look cool MM Shadow.

And please Cocobolo DTD please contribute your wetsuit skin and anything else gathering dust so to speak

Hey Argyll are you Calum Kleen ?? If so I received your renders and they look top notch!!!

However, perhaps you can make yours different than MM Shadow by making the face mask more like the gas mask in the top picture of the two I posted. Maybe if you are able why don't you even change the camo pattern to that of the new marine marpat?? Nobody has done that yet for ghostrecon at least I don't think.

Also, in the second pic notice the the neck area of the commando is all covered up in black. like he buttoned up his collar and protected it with coverings.

I guess because these guys are prepared for chemical warfare or something. Probably what the guys in Iraq might face in fact.