Operation: Alianza

JohnTC02

Operation: Alianza V1 is ready for beta testing.

So, the hunt for Zuus González continues and in this mission he will meet his maker.

The mission is scripted on the "Welcome to Juarez" mission 03 map but I have made quite a few changes to the layout so I hope you like it.

There are several new props on this map which I have made c4 attachable, these have all been tested on a dedicated server and so far there have been no problems.

A quick tip here, when you reach the "Eliminate Zuus" objective you will be able to finish him off by planting c4 on him, to make use of this effect avoid throwing grenades into the room where he is located as this will kill him before you get a chance to use the c4.

Also at the "APC" objective there is a Mule supply vehicle there that doesn't explode, I have put it there as a test for you guys so you can use it to rearm, use it at your own risk, I know that some of you want a Mule in the missions so here it is. I don't carry a RPG so it worked fine for me on a dedicated server.

If you crash out when you use the mule don't come complaining to me as it has a known bug and will cause a crash when carrying certain weapons :P , if you are packing an RPG DON'T use the mule it will crash the game, I don't know what other weapons cause a crash here maybe Bogie or someone can let us know what other weapons not to use.

Some of the walls/fences are very bright, I need to re-render the lightmaps again after some last minuet changes.

Thanks goes to Rahnman and the TAW squad for testing the alpha versions.

There are several respawn points around the map which are listed below.

The spawn points are:

When you hit trigger 04.

When you complete the Hemtt obj.

When you complete the APC obj.

When you complete Adat A obj

When you complete the Howitzer obj.

Plus there are a couple when you extract.

This mission is once again based on real world events and will continue in the next mission with another cartel leader as the main character.

For more info take a look at this link:

'La Alianza Triángulo de Oro' or 'The Golden Triangle Alliance'

Thanks for testing and I hope you like the mission,

John

Download:

Operation: Alianza V1.

Had a chance to test this today as lonewolf. Played start to finish on my dedi server without any crashes. Nice map/mission with well placed snipers. :thumbsup:

The only bug I found so far was the first Havoc hitting the hydro tower on one of it's sweeps. While it was dealing with power lines I finished it off with the M99. ;)

Otherwise, great job. :)

We played a bit through this map, and it is clear that you're a master of pacing! I don't know how you got so many bots into it without reducing their combat effectiveness... them boys are quick!

We had a crash after blowing up the Hemtt and the Armory. Remember that the server is also playing (client server). As the client, I saw TRIGGER 6 come up, but the server crashed with the following:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: 

clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

We have played this mission a couple of times now and the only problem we have run into was when you C4 the roadbloack it did not clear the way. We had to use a grenade launcher to blow up the cars a couple of times and this moved one out of the way enough for us to get through. Great mission as always!

TGZ-Puck

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies so far.

Sightreader, I think the crash you had was a typical GRAW thing, if I remember rightly I have seen the "instancedescriptionmanager" error before on other threads and it was mentioned there that is was just one of those things, I assume this type of crash will happen more often now we are pushing the limits of what the game will allow plus the large maps don't help.

Puck, I wondered if someone would have that problem at the road block, I used two dav mines there to destroy the vehicles, I placed them at the end of each vehicle to try and blow them clear but it's impossible to know how they will react, if this problem continues I will need to have a rethink.

My next mission is progressing fairly slowly as I need to make a lot changes to the map but this time it will be a bit smaller, but probably no easier! :D

Thanks,

John

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies so far.

Sightreader, I think the crash you had was a typical GRAW thing, if I remember rightly I have seen the "instancedescriptionmanager" error before on other threads and it was mentioned there that is was just one of those things, I assume this type of crash will happen more often now we are pushing the limits of what the game will allow plus the large maps don't help.

Puck, I wondered if someone would have that problem at the road block, I used two dav mines there to destroy the vehicles, I placed them at the end of each vehicle to try and blow them clear but it's impossible to know how they will react, if this problem continues I will need to have a rethink.

My next mission is progressing fairly slowly as I need to make a lot changes to the map but this time it will be a bit smaller, but probably no easier! :D

Thanks,

John

Hi John good map with the action a map must have, have no problems running it hopes will soon come a little more innovation in graw2 mappene very similar hinnanden I think special coop maps but otherwise a good map John

=[ebk52]=GhostSoldiers P.S keep on you gode work like you stile make maps on

Hey John,

We tested out the mission again last night and it played very well. We still had the issue with the roadblock at the end. Colander crashed and could not get past the 2 vans while the rest of us (who had not crashed) could. He was able to get past the vans once we reached the new spawn point.

I still think that when you blow Zuus to kingdom come, that the explosion should be MASSIVE! We should be able to have a tailgate party in the parking lot and watch the mushroom cloud billow!! "Hey Zuus, HERE'S THIS!!!" :devil:

Other than that the mission was great. I love this game!

Ciao,

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

John

Re Puck's problem in post 7. I remember encountering the same problem when testing Bogie's Sanctuary mission. When you reached the the final section of fuselage two trucks block the way and have to be blown apart. That did not happen correctly and it did not allow me to progress to the next section of the map. I reported this to Bogie and he did something to the code to ensure they did get parted sufficiently to pass through.

Maybe speak to him about it.

Started playing SP the other night but didn't have time to complete. Will try later and feedback my comments.

Anthony

:hmm: , looks like there are two issues with the roadblock.

Rahn, I hoped that I had fixed this problem by changing the network sync but it seems like its still there, maybe it's a issue with using vehicles as new props.

I would need to use a composition if you want a bigger effect for killing off poor old Zuus, I will take a look and see what is available.

Thanks for the input Anthony, the problem with using dynamic vehicles is that as far as I know there is little you can do to control what they do once they explode. I think Bogie is rather busy as work so I don't think he will be able to help very soon.

As there are two problems with the roadblock I think the best option is to use the barrels there as I did in my last mission, these seem to work ok.

Operation: Alianza v1.1 is ready for testing. only a couple of changes to this version.

The two vehicles at the roadblock have been replaced with barrels, I hope this works better for those of you that were having problems getting through.

By request, mainly from one anonymous person (Rahn!! :P ) I have added another explosion effect when you kill Zuus, this effect is not very visible from inside the building so to see it you will need to be in the car park (that's the parking lot Rahn :lol: ).

That's about it, I would be grateful if some if you could test the mission again, especially those which were having problems at the roadblock.

Thanks,

John

Download:

Operation: Alianza v1.1.

No secret, what I do with the vehicles is just remove one and explode the rest. So for instance, in the Forest map, I have an opening 3 Panhards long and block it with the three panhards. When the detonation occurs, I use the Hacienda composition explosion (looks like a neuclear blast), then 0.25 seconds later, I remove the panhard that sits in the middle of the Hacienda explosion so you cannot see it being removed, then I can detonate the other Panhards at any time. So even with the debris, there will never be enough to cover the entire entrance.

The only thing you have to be carful of is that you remove any vehicles you need to first prior to detonating any vehicles as you run the risk of a vehicle detonation destroying the vehicle you wanted to remove.

Also did this on Assault on Camp Bogie if you wanted to see the timing.

---So I am still here, just lurking in the background :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Bogie

Thanks for the help Bogie.

What I did was to make a new prop from the allhauler_static van and added the "setslot" command in the "<sequence>" tags in the prop and used the "UnitSequence" to remove it from the map and replace them with the dynamic version when the roadblock is destroyed.

I did this to stop players destroying the vehicles before that part of the mission was active, the problem here was that if they had a crash just as the roadblock was destroyed when they came back the roadblock was back in place and they couldn't get past.

I did the same with the barrels in a previous mission and this seemed to work ok so I have used the barrels here in v1.1.

It's strange that the barrels work ok but the allhauler doesn't, I used "<network sync="bodies"/>" in both the props so this should be ok on the dedicated servers. :hmm:

John

Thanks Zero,

So it seems like the barrels are ok to use as a roadblock but for some reason the allhauler van can cause a problem on a dedicated server.

If there are no more issues to report I will make a start on getting the mission released next week.

Thanks all,

John

John,

We all camped out in the parking lot. We had our monster trucks arranged in a circle and the tailgate party was rolling. The barbecue sauce was flowing, the beverage mugs were brimming and bubbly (root beer, of course :P ). We were primed and ready for the show. We hit "X" and ............... fizzle. Not bad, but not nuclear. We wanted to feel the shockwave as we were thrown back into the nearest obstacle. We wanted to peel ourselves off of the walls, stagger around for a few seconds in bewilderment, come back to our senses and shout, "AWESOME!!!!!!". Is there a "mushroom cloud" setting? :lol:

Rahn

John, AGB tested Alianza this evening and it took nearly 100 minutes to complete with between 4-6 players. We started off very strong and really enjoyed pushing the "detonation events" to the max. There were 3 of us in the weapons cache area when the vehicles began to explode ... priceless.

I may just be my imagination, but I do believe that Zuus may have changed his ethnic background after he detonated... one again, this was very cool.

However, we did have very severe issues and were actually lucky that we could complete the mission. After the final barrels, when a player died, that player crashed with the can't find member weapon error message. Every single one of us had it to the point where we thought that all of us would have been kicked the server would have rotated the map. However, we always managed to have at least one player active so that we could finish.

It is odd that this happened as I have never experienced this type of problem before.

Take Care,

Bogie

[staff Edit: - Deleted the first line of your post and moved Sightreaders post to the "Hardcore Blues" thread ] :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnTC02

Thanks for testing again.

We wanted to feel the shockwave as we were thrown back into the nearest obstacle. We wanted to peel ourselves off of the walls, stagger around for a few seconds in bewilderment, come back to our senses and shout, "AWESOME!!!!!!". Is there a "mushroom cloud" setting? :lol:

:rofl:

Sorry Rahn, I think that is the biggest effect we can use in a mission, there is one more called "bridge_explosion" and that is massive, I have used it before in my "Bushmaster" mission but it would crash the dedicated servers. :(

However, we did have very severe issues and were actually lucky that we could complete the mission. After the final barrels, when a player died, that player crashed with the can't find member weapon error message.

Not to sure on this one Bogie, I have used the "mex_special_forces_recon1" and "...heavy1" for some of the kneeling snipers around the map but I don't think this should cause a issue, AFAIK it's just the "mex_special_forces_sniper" which causes a crash. :hmm:

Cheers,

John