Coop Kit Mod for Regular Weapons

rahnman

Hey All,

In the spirit of =EP Geez mod released a few years back, I have decided to put together a new mod for the coop weapons kits for regular weapons. In addition to having several new kits, there are also a few "tweaks" to the weapons/weaponsights which may be enjoyable. This mod will be usable for both your personal machine and on a dedicated server. If you plan to test it on a dedicated server, please PM me for an additional file not included in the download (see the "read me" file).

After alpha testing it with my squad I am putting it up for beta testing here. If you are a "BETA TESTER", send me a PM and I will give you the password. Please read the "read me" file in its entirety before installing the mod. Installation instructions are at the end of the "read me" file. Any suggestions as to how to improve the mod would be helpful. For now I have mostly new kits in the mod. Eventually I hope to have all the regular kits (that come standard with the game) in their normal places with the new kits after them. That way, if you prefer to use one of the standard kits, you can still run the mod and have what you want.

Also, if you would like to have your favorite or ideal kit "enshrined" in the mod, post it here and I will try to get it in. You don't have to be a beta tester to get your kit in. Thanks and Enjoy!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rhdidnzfwz (changed to v1.4)

Hi Rahn,

Been testing your weapons mod on my next beta mission.

Like you my favorite weapon is the RX4 so I mainly used the Demo kit #2 and the Sniper kit #7 with the M99 for taking out the havoc's.

Had no problems with either of these kits they all worked fine for me.

IMO, I found the RX4 to be a bit to powerful, I was able to kill the AI by shooting thought quite thick concrete pillars killing them with one shot. I don't know a great deal about weapons so this might be normal for a modern type of rifle. This made killing the AI quite easy as I was able to kill snipers that were hiding on the rooftops by shooting them through the walls.

I really liked the new reticle for the RX4 it's much better than the old triangle, you and Dav have done a great job with this.

I will have to try the other kits you have made but from what I have seen so far this is a great mod, it's going to be a big hit and it's right up there with the Brettzies mod.

Cheers,

John

Hey John,

Thanks for the positive response. I hope it will be a hit with everyone. I'm also glad you liked the new reticle. I toyed with the idea of changing the color but, after trying many others, I think I like plain old red the best :thumbsup: . I've also made the Rx4 weaponsight (with the eotech reticle) available on the other assault rifles as well, so give them a try.

I set the Rx4 to have the same penetration power as the M99. I didn't realize that you could take out snipers through masonry like that. I usually use it to hit bots behind fences or machine gun turrets. I thing you're right, it's pretty unrealistic for an assault rifle so I'll take it out in the next version.

Thanks,

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

Rahn, I rather like the idea of being able to shoot through fencing, I think this adds a bit more realism to the game but the ability to shoot through concrete pillars is asking to much from an assault rifle.

Is there any way to reduce the fire power a little so the rifle can only shoot through fencing.

John,

I looked into it and I think there is. Here are the options:

<var name="weapon_penetration_type" type="number" default="0"/> <!-- how a weapon penetrates; 0 = normal (0m), 1 = sniper (1m), 2 = rifle (variable with max_penetration) -->

<var name="max_penetration" type="number" default="10"/> <!-- penetration value in cm for penetration_type=2 weapons -->

<var name="penetration_chance" type="number" default="2"/> <!-- 1/x chance of penetration for penetration_type=2 weapons -->

I entered the 1st line of code for the rx4 and set the variable for "1" as a sniper with 1 meter of penetration power.

I think I can set it to #2 (rifle) and then paste the 2nd line of code and experiment with how many centimeters of

penetration it takes to get through fencing and "lighter" objects. I will also paste the third line of code and set the default to "1". This gives a 1/1 chance of penetration everytime, so it will always penetrate the depth set in the second line. You're the coding expert, do you think that will work?

Rahn

Rahn,

I don't know a great deal about weapon modding, what little I have done I sent to you a while back.

Looking at the code though I agree with Dav, if you can find the right amount of penetration so it will only shoot through fencing and other light objects I think this will be a very realistic weapon.

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work but it might take a fair amount of tweaking to get it right.

Looking forward to the next version.

John

Hi Davros!!! PM me for the password to the mod.

I just thought I'd post an update so that everyone can know what progress I've been making. Be patient because I can only work on this about an hour a night and for a few minutes before I go to work in the morning.

I've been able to make a primary weapon into a secondary weapon. With any luck I will be able to make the shotgun a secondary weapon (as I feel it should always have been) and include it with a good deal many more kits. This also means that I will be able to make some cool, weird (soccer) kits like 2 handguns (or 3) or 2 shotguns. The possibilities are endless (I think, lol). w00t

There is also the possibility of getting a few new optics in as well. No promises but its in the works.

Later,

Rahn

Hey Rahn, watch out mate, looks like you have the bug! It all starts very innocently with wondering if you can make a simple change and then and the next thing you know you are one of the infected :)

Great to see your enjoying the madness that is GRAW 2 modding keep up the excellent work.

I think a shotgun would make an excellent addition to some of the longer range kits, (snipers and some of the assault rifles).

One of my personal favorites has been the 6 shot GL (M32). I have that as kit #1 for the demo guys (plus some extra 40mm grenades).

You prob. have read it already, but it's worth trawling through Brettzies posts to see the kinds of issues he encountered with his mods...as there aresome tricky things that happen when you mess with the weapons.

Sent you a PM too.

Dav

Hi rahnman

Becareful of the shotgun, I always remove the shotguns from my maps, they will crash your game if theres a resupply vehicle. Some of the missions have supply vehicles half way in to the mission to restock your ammo.

They updated the weapons in the last graw2 mod, but they didn't update the mule (supply vehicles).

Rad...

Davros, yeah I've got a little bit of the "bug". I guess I'd better enroll myself in MA (modders anonymous). Hopefully when I'm done with this mod I'll be done for a while. I would love to be able to learn how to do some real modding and make my own weapons, but I've got too many other priorities (for now, hehe).

Thanks for the heads up on the mule supply vehicles Radiator, I'll make a special note in the "read me" file to warn players about that.

Update: SnowFella has given me permission to use one of his scopes in the mod. I've got it working so it will be in the next version which should be coming out w/in the next few days.

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

Alright, I now have version 1.1 ready for beta. Here are the changes:

1) Inclusion of Brettzie's M14_aimpoint sight.

2) Inclusion of SnowFella's ShortDot sight.

3) RX4 appears as a secondary weapon.

4) Shotgun appears as a secondary weapon.

5) Penetration power of Rx4 has been reduced from previous levels.

6) Shotgun secondary spread and #of pellets/shot has increased to give better accuracy at mid-range.

All of these changes have been incorporated into 3 kits that I would like you to try:

1)Sniper #6

2)Sniper #7

3) Rifleman #9

These three kits will get you the essence of everything I have done so far. The Rx4 secondary also appears in Demolitions #1 and the shotgun will appear as a secondary in several of the demolitions kits.

Please include your favorite weapons config. in your posts so that I can get them into the mod. Also, make sure to read the end of the READ ME file. This mod will be running on our server =TAW= Coop Server so you can test it on a dedicated server if you like.

Do not test this mod with Bogie's "Levantiamento", "Rat" or "Harry Lee" maps as I have not yet modified the multiplayer weapons templates that he uses for these missions.

Password is the same.

Thanks and Enjoy!!

TAW_Rahnman

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

I have just added Bogie's aimpoint animations for the SAW and Shotgun. They are working! I'll improve the accuracy of the SAW a little and have a new version out for testing w/in a day or two. This will conclude all the additions I was hoping to do and I will be able to start putting some kits together.

Ciao,

TAW_Rahnman

I have just added Bogie's aimpoint animations for the SAW and Shotgun. They are working! I'll improve the accuracy of the SAW a little and have a new version out for testing w/in a day or two. This will conclude all the additions I was hoping to do and I will be able to start putting some kits together.

Bogie? I'm pretty sure you meant something else :P

Bogie? I'm pretty sure you meant something else :P

Doh!! :blink: ................ Ahem ................. BRETTZIE'S animations ........ ;) .

OK,

I made a few minutes and put together the next version. It is the same as v1.1 with the addition of BRETTZIE'S :D new animations for the the SAW and Shotgun. I increased the accuracy of the SAW a little but I think I may crank it up a notch or 2 in the next release.

Here are the kits you should try:

1) Sniper #6

2) Sniper #7

3) Rifleman #9

4) Support #1

Don't forget to try the secondary weapons on these kits as they are just as important as the primaries.

Enjoy!!

TAW_Rahnman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have been hard at it reworking all the kits and now have version 1.3 ready for testing. PLEASE READ THE "READ ME" FILE for information on how to uninstall previous versions and install this version. I have also updated it with specific info for this version.

You can now use this mod for any of Bogie's latest missions.

Don't forget to PM me with any kit combinations you may want in the mod. You do not have to be a beta tester to do this. If you like you can post them right here in this forum.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Rahnman

Hi Rahn,

I had a chance to test v1.3.

One small thing I did notice, it still shows in the options screen as v1.2, probably not a big issue but I thought it worth a mention. :P

I tried it on my new mission, I won't name it here but you know which one I mean. I had no issues here at all, loved what you have done with the shotgun I think this has made the weapon much more usable as a secondary. The m14 worked a treat with the aimpoint, I do like that single dot sight, this is this is the first time I have used the M32, I thought it worked quite well if not a little hard to aim using the sights.

The only issue I had was with the SCAR_H, I loved the "shortdot" scope but I think as it's a sniper rifle it would be better if it started in single shot mode, I didn't want to risk using the "Z" button to change it. This is more of a personal preference rather than a issue.

I also gave it a quick spin on Bogie's Levantamiento mission, as always I had no issues here, all your kits worked as described.

My favourite kit here is the demo #1, as you know I am a big fan of the RX4 and really like the new sight you have fitted.

I'm no expert on weapon kits but in my opinion this is ready for release, I would be even better if you could add a intro video like the one in the Brettzies mod, it would add a nice finishing touch to the mod.

it would be nice if someone with more knowledge that me could test the mod for Rahn as it would be useful if he had some more feedback.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Hey John,

Thanks for the feedback. I keep forgetting to change the version number in the "mod_version" file. It will be correct in the next version I put out. I still have some changes that I want to add and some kits that I want to put in yet, but I've got most of the work done and am almost ready to release the mod. NOW'S THE TIME TO SEND ME YOUR KIT REQUESTS!!! :D

I think you're right about the SCAR-H. I'll put it in single shot for the next version, which I hope will be the last beta version.

I have no idea how to go about making a intro video. I'll ask Brettzie, maybe Ares will have some ideas .......... :hmm:

Cheers,

Rahn

Hi rahnman,

i dont have any idea how to include a intro.

Maybe Brettzie will tell you the paths you have to change.

There must be an .xml that includes a path to a rendered movie in a format like .bik or something similar.

I will test the mod on 30.12.2009 because my girlfriend went back to Malta that day.

Want to have some spare time with her first. :blush:

If it isnt already included i have one fav. weapon kit:

Primary:

- M416, Scar Light and Heavy

- GL with 6 grenades (Blow up incoming vehicels)

- Silencer

- 12 Rounds for every weapon.

- Scope ... of course

Secondary:

- MP5, M8 Compact

- Silencer

- 8 Rounds for every weapon

+ 4 Grenades

+ 4 Smokenades

+ 4 Flashbangs :ph34r:

As i look on Bogies new weapon kits it seems that it isnt restricted by weight, isnt it?

I just can image that the "gui_slots" are restricted. Is that fav. i posted possible?

I hope i can put this on our dedicated server since Brettzies didnt run on it.

If our team test it, should we play special mods/ missions?

Regards

Ares

OMFG ignore what i posted before.

This is badass! Just played it on Harry-Lee 756. All those scopes with diff. aimpoints.

No problems no crashes with any of the snipers. The Rifleman Kit runs great also.

But i only tested those both Kits. Dont have any time in the moment.

The only thing i would like to have is 30 - 40 shots for the M99.

Just amazing. I will test it with INZANES 3rd person next time. Would be great if that runs.

Thanks for this mod rahnman. Thats totally cool. Now the bogie horror missions can be played without running out of ammo after the first rush. ^^

Thanks a lot rahnman

Regards

Ares

Rahnman

Finally got round to trying out your mod. Fantastic!! I settled on the Sniper 2 kit - which is now the new term for a full Battalion size arsenal and started into John's Alianza map. 100 kills came up in no time without a single death. These kits are awesome and I'm sure are going to be very popular. I tried a few more different kits later on and found them all to be very destructive perhaps maybe too much so. Two or three reasonable players with this much fire power will probably stroll through most maps with minimal deaths. I'd be interested to see how it plays on something like Harry Lee.

Your work on this is very impressive and I'm sure that having another weapons set will only add to people's pleasure in playing the game.

From a personal viewpoint if I'm going to use these kits then Sniper 2 is the only one to go for. I can't think of a scenario that won't be covered by the weapons available.

Well done and Happy New Year.

Regards

Anthony :cold:

Ares/Anthony,

I'm glad you guys finally got a chance to try out the mod. I know its hard to find time over the holidays so I really appreciate it.

Ares, I'll put a kit in with your spec's. Most of the kits that I have already assembled don't have much (if any) smoke grenades in them. My squad doesn't use smoke hardly at all because we have found it to be largely ineffective against AI. Have you had success with using smoke?

Also, you mentioned 3 different primary weapons - which one do you like best? Which secondary do you like best? I don't know of any "flashbangs" in this game so I assume you were joking. I would love to have them in the game but it's beyond my ability to do.

As far as the M99 goes, I have set it to have a 5 round clip. That means you will have 5 shots before you need to reload (instead of the normal 1 shot/reload). So if you see that the M99 has "20" rounds, what that really means is that you have "20" 5 round clips, which makes a total of 100 rounds. I think that having a 5 round clip for this type of weapon is very reasonable by today's standards and is not too unrealistic. If 30-40 rounds is what you want, I will make a kit for you. Just let me know.

I'm not familiar with Inzane's 3rd person mod so let me know how this goes for you.

Anthony, I'm glad you like the mod. If there is a particular kit you would like that is not currently in the mod, please let me know.

Also, it would be good to note that this mod doesn't just have kits in it with huge arsenals of weapons to choose from (although there are plenty of those, lol). It also has all the original kits in it as well as some "medium" kits that are beefed up just a little compared to the original kits. I have also added a new classification of kits called "scout" (for now) that include just one weapon, a few clips and 1 grenade. In short, I wanted to make a mod that would fit every style of play and work for every situation. If you are playing one of Bogie's/John's missions by yourself, you will want some serious firepower. If you are playing the same mission with a whole squad, you could have everyone restrict themselves to the "scout" kits or original kits just for kicks. The idea is to make a mod that everyone will want to use and that will add to the enjoyment of the game.

FYI, I have also added another kit classification that will be in the next version. I think I'm going to call it "OMG!!" or something similar. It will have only one kit but so far this is what I have in it:

RX4 - scoped, silenced, GL

M99

Glock - silenced

10 grenades

M32 GL with 30 reloads

Shotgun with aimpoint sight and 42 reloads

SWEEEEET!!! Just when you though you couldn't carry any more (and you couldn't)!! :devil:

Thanks again guys,

Rahnman

BTW Ares, I saw your video .......... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys did a great job. I loved the over the shoulder views and how you were pushing the action ...... Fantastic!! Thanks for mentioning me at the end. Although, to be fair to the real modders, you should have put me in a "lesser modder" category. :P