Modern Warfare 2...yes or no

Wireman

It most definitely is NOT a MUST buy.

You may enjoy the SP but for me it was too run 'n' gun even for a COD title, it almost feels like there is someone behind you pushing you forward if you even pause for breath and a reload.

The MP is just a joke, no dedi, 2 player Co-op, it only JUST qualifies for the term MP in my opinion.

Graphically it's good, as all COD titles are.

But again, a MUST buy, not in my opinion.

Ok I have read many reviews,

Conflicting i should imagine?. If you like a good well polished all out action first person shooter with excellent american & british voice acting, top notch weapons and lots of them, excellent graphics, different mission locations, really good motion capture, cool music score with input from hans zimmer, dolby digital sound, then i would recommend the single player, there is also a spec ops solo single player portion of the game to play. Multiplayer looks a blast and the Special Ops coop 2 player is cool, but i have yet to play modern warfare 2 multiplayer.

Too run 'n' gun even for a COD title, it almost feels like there is someone behind you pushing you forward if you even pause for breath and a reload..

That's the beauty of modern warfare 2 ..it's an all out action packed awesome first person shooter, you don't have to rush, it's up to you, but run & gun yeah .... it's the way it's meant to be played, you can take a breather and reload.

I will buy when it drops below $20...$19.99 at best for SP experience

I would wait too but in Canada, COD4 (MW1) has never dropped below $40 (or even $50) even until now - dunno what it's like in the States, so you may be waiting a long time

Single player yes, cuz i have played the rest of the COD games :thumbsup:

Multi player :nono: no no no no :nono: never

How wrong i was :(

Got my copy today and was looking forward to playing. I was a bit put out buy the fact you have to have a Steam AC to play the game even in SP mode :unsure: So started the install 10mins to load steam, another 10mins to update steam... 5 mins to try and find a user name i could actually use!! then finally great load the game, Cant wait now to get stuck in for the night, beer and chips at the ready :yes: 40mins!! later and 2 discs the game has loaded :huh: So here we go lock 'N' load ....... No

starting steam......................scanning for updates.....................another 10min later......your game will be read to start in 5mins $$%%^$%%^&^&*^&* :wall: this is SP for gods sake !! game now uninstalled and on the shelf with out a single shot fired !!!!

Edited by Hammer

Got my copy today and was looking forward to playing. I was a bit put out buy the fact you have to have a Steam AC to play the game even in SP mode :unsure:

STEAM for SP is B.S. piled as high and deep as you can get! :wall: Why do these companies insist on loading down your PC with a bunch of junk when all you want to do is play the freakin SP part of the game? @#%& :angry:

Single player yes, cuz i have played the rest of the COD games :thumbsup:

Multi player :nono: no no no no :nono: never

How wrong i was :(

Got my copy today and was looking forward to playing. I was a bit put out buy the fact you have to have a Steam AC to play the game even in SP mode :unsure: So started the install 10mins to load steam, another 10mins to update steam... 5 mins to try and find a user name i could actually use!! then finally great load the game, Cant wait now to get stuck in for the night, beer and chips at the ready :yes: 40mins!! later and 2 discs the game has loaded :huh: So here we go lock 'N' load ....... No

starting steam......................scanning for updates.....................another 10min later......your game will be read to start in 5mins $$%%^$%%^&^&*^&* :wall: this is SP for gods sake !! game now uninstalled and on the shelf with out a single shot fired !!!!

dear lord, buy the time you have updated, it would have been 2yrs and the game would have been $19....Hell, Blood Oil would have its own expansions packs by then.

I'm finding out out that too with my STEAM accnt when I d/l L4D2 demo...I had more updates than Microsoft Updates.

.... buy from you, two yrs from now for $20?

Pfft how can you buy this for the SP

Well TBH, when you have some free time and you just want kill loads of enemy, this is it. Run in that direction and fire, simple as. No need to think, just sit back and have fun. Not tactical in any way at all, but is just simple straight forward kill fest.

Cod2/4/5 SP were awesome for me.

GR1 I obviously only play CoOp / No Respawn / Missions :shifty: