Ghost Recon.net Forums

Dragon Rising - Map making?

Nice nice. I have a coop I'm working on at the moment and will be doing more. Once I get this done Ill post it up here for you guy to try. If it wasn't for tinker though I would still be stuck at square one.

You may of fixed this?

You have 4 players set to MP. Will not work, you must change 1 of them to player. The player is the host. Only just tried it with another, so it seemed fine for me until now. Did the change for us and all worked fine from there.

:thumbsup:

actually the really cool thing about this game from the editor is the fact that you can just place up to 60 guys/vehicles combo and they will just go at it pretty much and do what they want. You really only need to get into scripting if you want to get into more than that and precise events or actions taken by the AI. Its kinda neat to make a small mission like that and just have fun fighting the AI and watch them jump in vehicles and start using them to attack you.

True. I use simple scripts for basic structure and efficiency, i.e. spawning/despawning AI and vehicles when appropriate, instead of having everything active at once for no reason. Less chance of framerate loss and stutters. The most important thingto learn IMO is how to make as many things random as possible. I hate knowing where and when something will happen, or where someone will be, every time I play a mission. That's just as bad as having a linear map.

If I'm not mistaken, it seems just about everything can be made random, even the location of objectives, or even whether A.I. or objects will spawn at all. This could facilitate something much like the Mission HX mod. Maybe not exactly, but at least we could have individual missions that are extremely random.

Edited by doubletap
If I'm not mistaken, it seems just about everything can be made random, even the location of objectives, or even whether A.I. or objects will spawn at all. This could facilitate something much like the Mission HX mod. Maybe not exactly, but at least we could have individual missions that are extremely random.

A random mission on a large scale is fully possible. Creating some kind of mission HX is there.

Patrolling?

I find it impossible to make a patrol casually walk around a compound. No matter what script i give them, they always look alert, moving fast. No simple way to make these guys look unalert, and unknown to the threat that is out there. This is a ballbuster/ Set the teams to neutral, they wont respond to you unless you script, fired or death etc... but they still run.

This is more aimed towards the enemy being in a higher level of awerness, to script some recon is going to be a tough deal.

I searched the CM forum about the patrolling / walking and found no answers. Yet as several people pointed out, the devs manage to get the AI to walk in the original missions. It's a real eyesore in those situations where they should indeed be walking. One would think this should be a very simple fix, or at least something CM would post in there own forum how to do, if it is in fact already possible. There are dozens of threads on this with no official response that I've seen : (

Edited by doubletap

You may of fixed this?

You have 4 players set to MP. Will not work, you must change 1 of them to player. The player is the host. Only just tried it with another, so it seemed fine for me until now. Did the change for us and all worked fine from there.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I got that >.< Someone else pointed it out to me. Thanks though.

I'm working on adding small details to the map now so its almost done :)