Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator

My first impression on the title is that it sounds singular. Like as in a main character, less like the way the word "ghost" in the original "Ghost Recon" can be considered a plural description.

So that of course makes me think of the mitchell flavour and of a storyline-driven flow to the title. Predator just doesn't work in a plural sense, not that it can't turn out to be cool in it's own right.

I just can't let go of the idea of having what a GR 2 might have been, full of the GR magic and expanded into the newer technological possibilities. Oh, maybe it's for the best, we might have been compelled to hardly ever leave it alone. <_<

Predator ... isnt that the name of the drone?

That little tactical satellite from GRAW 1 +2. ?!?

Anyway. The first thought i had was Arnold Schwarzenegger in a korean jungle with a funky invisble enemy.

The title sounds good, but it ... doesnt feel right.

It sounds futuristic. I personally want more teamplay without laser swords and jedi stuff. :ph34r:

The best way is to wait for the release. ^^

The title sounds cool. I cant wait for some details on GR Predator. Maybe the title implies that the Ghosts will be on a hunt for some nasty terrorist types around the world. That would be my guess for now. Kind of like how in the new Call of Duty you are part of a task force hunting terrorists around the world. Just my 2 cents.

title screams to me Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2.0... which is something that brings me mixed thoughts...

to me this seems like UBIsoft trying to milk the sentiments of the old fans with the definition of Preditor while still advertising to the "new" (casual gamers) fans with predator meaning the same diamond displaying overhead drones.... which are called predator drones... (like it needed to be said)

and following ubi's horrible track record with all their series I'm voting towards a GRAW continuation... :wall: instead of a ghost recon continuation...

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like a cross between GRAW 2 and CRYSIS to me.

Who knows what they got up their sleeve since virtual invisible camo can now be made with help of mini cameras and projections.

You never know.....the guns, playability and look of GRAW 2 but with the special suit abilities of CRYSIS......what a match !

lol.

CJ

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't we got Splinter Cell for people who want stealthy games??? You get stealth in GR already by being careful. I don't want stealth plus its difficult to see how it would be playable. You creep up to people, then what? The moment you fire you give away your position.

Anyway, title seems silly to use because to me it does just create an image in my mind of alien beings battling Arnie in the jungle.

Hopefully it refers to a Predator drone in the game, an ever-present eye in the sky to provide situational awareness and the odd AGM-114 when you need it!

You might be misunderstanding the difference between stealth and recon.

<_<

Anyway, title seems silly to use because to me it does just create an image in my mind of alien beings battling Arnie in the jungle.

With the lack of information, I agree.

Besides Preditor Drones and AGMs have been done alread in a game

Edited by Hammer