Coop_killzone

Rpghard

Hi all I got finaly to the end of this tks to the cheat :).... :rofl: ...cause this mission is nuts mean very hard .

The AI are leathal angry psycho who will woop your ....very fast and sweet :whistle: ...

There is around 840 AI on this map + 1 havoc +5 patrol tanks...a nice mix of defend and hunting for last survivor.

I trully suggest that you wait for them as the AI spawn near you, most of the time you'll be surround with no chance to survive expect to die a lot :devil: ...I doubt you'll like this one tough that some of you will cried for there mom lol...

I have test it over n over with no major issues but I have never test it with someone....I want to know how it goes with few (2-4 players)and a lot (12 players) on dedi and client server...this time theres no teleport but you'll do spawn near adats ...don't forget to clear area cause probably have to do a lot of haunting if you don't.

KillZoneV8

Edited by Rpghard

I made a small update to fix minor things like=

1. Falling under the map near adat that is close from tunnel in the park.-let me know if you still falling.

2.I also replaced 2 spawn point to make it closer to the objectives.

3.Blocked acces to the roof of castle.-Tks to Zero_G :lol:

4.Removed a tree that was blocking tank5.

5.Removed a couple of sandbag to give more space to AI

6.Updated the AI graph cause I saw that some AI were not moving like they should.

7.Fix the minimap that was not showing

P.S.If this version is ok and not causing any issues then it will be final and ready for public release.

Edited by Rpghard

awww i liked gettin on the roof :( instead of everyone lineing up behind cover but o well lol

:lol: That's why I like playing with you cause you like spawn rap and take shortcut and I knew that you'll show me the way to block you hihihi!

So noone note that the 3 mgs at the rebel camp were not shooting... :whistle:

So I have fixed them and I also add 3 more mgs + a couple of idle patrol and few snipers at the end near zulu(extract).

So it appears that this beta will be very short :yes: ... ;)

KillZoneV5

Edited by Rpghard

I played this map tonight with 4 others. Two of our group had the issue of falling through the map when they respawned near one of the adats. They were able to walk around and kill AIs from under the map. Also, a lot of AIs were just respawning several times in the same place. I just could sit there and shoot them over and over. Not sure if it was planned but it seemed like a lot of AIs would be wandering around in areas way away in the middle of nowhere. THe last issue was that we were unable to fnd the General. We spent 30-45 mins just looking for him with no AIs left on the map.

TGZ-Puck

I played this map tonight with 4 others. Two of our group had the issue of falling through the map when they respawned near one of the adats. They were able to walk around and kill AIs from under the map. Also, a lot of AIs were just respawning several times in the same place. I just could sit there and shoot them over and over. Not sure if it was planned but it seemed like a lot of AIs would be wandering around in areas way away in the middle of nowhere. THe last issue was that we were unable to fnd the General. We spent 30-45 mins just looking for him with no AIs left on the map.

TGZ-Puck

Yeah I have the same issues as you with version 3...falling undermap near adat ...and as for the general problem was caused by a tank that does not spawned...cause in the obj you have to kill the general and the elite squad that includes 2 tanks and all the Ai in this area or around...

I have just updated to V4 which I have change the location of the spawn that was close from ADAT near tunnel...the more you are on this map and the easier it becomes as make a flow of AI spawned nearby spawn the gold is to wait for them until it calm then you hunt until another bunch spawned...it is made for 2 players for a very good challenge with a good fps...it is not a run n'gun type of mission and bombing at will stuff..it is more a defend mission and you have 2 obj that are assault...the general squad and the extract one.

Now I hope that the 5 tanks patrol will spawned and I also hope that you'll not fall under map again...let me know if the end is challenging enough.

thanks,

Rpghard

Edited by Rpghard

Hello RPGHard,

Played your Kill Zone v3 this evening which took 5 of us nearly 2 hours utilizing the standard vanilla weapons.

The first time we tried, we had a critical error reloading from the Mule which crashed the server 2 minutes into the game. Note that if anyone has an RPG as a weapon when trying to use the mule, the game will crash. On dedicated servers, Mules are very dangerous as some newbies do not know this and can crash the game, or you may get a jerk who just wants to cause issues and will intentionally crash the game. From a dedicated or LAN server perspective (since this is certainly a multiplayer map), I would strongly recommend removing the mule.

After restarting, the first area was an absolute blast trying to get out of the castle and the patroling tank!! Fantastic!! Glad you blocked off the roof sections for this particular area or it would have been way too easy.

After clearing the castle, we all headed NW towards the ADAT in B4. On the way, I noticed that a section (where I initially had the spawn point) that a section of the wall opens up. Did not know if you wanted to put up a wall there or not.

killz02.jpg

When we all tackled the ADAT, we noticed a few Enemy AI starting to not fire back in and around A3, B4, etc.

killz01.jpg

We then went South to clear the other ADATs. The last ADAT that we hit just South of the caves, we had two of us in Section E5 and AI just kept spawning right between the two positions (ours and the ADATs where you see the blue diamonds)

killz03.jpg

Shortly thereafter, we had our first "hold the position" mission where none of us were even close to the area. In fact, Enemy AI kept spawning at the "holding" area and 3 of us were picking them off as they were spawning and 2 of us had died and keeping the AI out of the holding area. Just seemed very odd to have all of these AI keep spawning on or in viewing distance of the players. In addition, there was one sniper in the distance that initially kept killing the players as soon as they spawned into this point.

The second "defend the position" was a little cooler as there was really no protection. We had enough team members so that 2 or 3 could hold the position and the other 2 folks could scout the areas, get behind the AI and kill them as they spawned in.

We had the same issues as the others with the General and we finally ended the mission after 25 minutes of searching the map. We really liked the patroling tank in that area.

However, is it possible to replace the ADAT objective in the B4 area with the General Objective? The reason being is that we completely cleared this area and it seemed too unrealistic to have that many AI and tanks go back to this location.

With the exception of the Mule Fatal Error, we did not have any other issues outside of the normal GRAW2 bugs. Tanks were awesome, initial gameplay was awesome, fps was great (for me was around 50+ the entire game)... perhaps a little better flow of the triggers\objectives to reduce all of the hot spawning\enemy spawning on top of or near the players.

Thanks again for allowing us to beta test this on the Barking Spider!!

Bogie

Rpg,

Bogie did such a great job in describing all that we experienced last night!!!

The only thing I can add is the actual server crash message from the Mule event.

Tue Oct 13 21:59:39 2009

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: setup_grenade_ammo in type

Renderer: threaded

Physics : normal

As Bogie described, this happen the minute he activated the MULE option. It is unfortunate because the MULE is such a nice option to have.

Thanks again!!!

Hello RPGHard,

Played your Kill Zone v3 this evening which took 5 of us nearly 2 hours utilizing the standard vanilla weapons.

After restarting, the first area was an absolute blast trying to get out of the castle and the patroling tank!! Fantastic!! Glad you blocked off the roof sections for this particular area or it would have been way too easy.

I agree

After clearing the castle, we all headed NW towards the ADAT in B4. On the way, I noticed that a section (where I initially had the spawn point) that a section of the wall opens up. Did not know if you wanted to put up a wall there or not.

Probably cause I have to removed something for the vehicle graph

When we all tackled the ADAT, we noticed a few Enemy AI starting to not fire back in and around A3, B4, etc.

This will happen if you trigg more than 1 adat area cause when you apprach them AI spawned to attack you on that position it is better to clear the most you can before trigging one

We then went South to clear the other ADATs. The last ADAT that we hit just South of the caves, we had two of us in Section E5 and AI just kept spawning right between the two positions (ours and the ADATs where you see the blue diamonds)

I have change the spawn location because of some players that was fallin under map but the AI are still close but as close as they were

Shortly thereafter, we had our first "hold the position" mission where none of us were even close to the area. In fact, Enemy AI kept spawning at the "holding" area and 3 of us were picking them off as they were spawning and 2 of us had died and keeping the AI out of the holding area. Just seemed very odd to have all of these AI keep spawning on or in viewing distance of the players. In addition, there was one sniper in the distance that initially kept killing the players as soon as they spawned into this point.

You have to stay at the spawn location and take cover behind lower walls that way you wont see AI spawn atb the back of that house...the sniper is because you forgot to shot him probably belongs in another defend section

The second "defend the position" was a little cooler as there was really no protection. We had enough team members so that 2 or 3 could hold the position and the other 2 folks could scout the areas, get behind the AI and kill them as they spawned in.

I agree this is a tuff one ...I suggest you lay down when you spawn an get back near rock that way you'll have 2 way to cover up

We had the same issues as the others with the General and we finally ended the mission after 25 minutes of searching the map. We really liked the patroling tank in that area.

The problem was caused by a tank that have'nt spawned cause I have duplicated them in the world.xml and it create a confict cause they were spawning at the same area ....I hope I have fix it in KillZoneV4 in this objective you have to kill the general and his elite squad which include 2 tanks patrol+90% of AI in this area or around

With the exception of the Mule Fatal Error, we did not have any other issues outside of the normal GRAW2 bugs. Tanks were awesome, initial gameplay was awesome, fps was great (for me was around 50+ the entire game)... perhaps a little better flow of the triggers\objectives to reduce all of the hot spawning\enemy spawning on top of or near the players.

mule will be removed in the next V5 version

Thanks again for allowing us to beta test this on the Barking Spider!!

Bogie

Rpg,

Bogie did such a great job in describing all that we experienced last night!!!

The only thing I can add is the actual server crash message from the Mule event.

mule will be removed in the next V5 version

As Bogie described, this happen the minute he activated the MULE option. It is unfortunate because the MULE is such a nice option to have.

Thanks again!!!

Now try the KillZoneV4 and let me know if the 5 tanks patrol do there path...let me know also you you still fall under map....and also comments about the end of mission if its ok...

Thanks a lot for your precious time,

Rpghard

We look forward to testing v4.

You have to stay at the spawn location and take cover behind lower walls that way you wont see AI spawn atb the back of that house...the sniper is because you forgot to shot him probably belongs in another defend section

Rpghard

Don't know if this is possible, but perhaps find a way or have a mission where all of the players must first make their way into the defend area, then kick off the spawning of the AI and the defend portion. As it played out, we were completely on the other end of the map from the area we needed to defend... due to this, we came up behind all of the spawning enemey AI which were mosly easy pickings.

Thanks again,

Bogie

We look forward to testing v4.

Rpghard

Don't know if this is possible, but perhaps find a way or have a mission where all of the players must first make their way into the defend area, then kick off the spawning of the AI and the defend portion. As it played out, we were completely on the other end of the map from the area we needed to defend... due to this, we came up behind all of the spawning enemey AI which were mosly easy pickings.

Thanks again,

Bogie

Then I will teleport you all there at the moment you trigg this event...then I will teleport you as well for the next event...I talkng about the 2 defend ones bottom line

Ok all,

This is update no5,

-The mule has been removed

-Your gonna be teleported twice right after you solved 'clear airspace obj' for the first defend and then a second time for the one after that to make sure like this that no AI will spawned beside you and you'll are gonna be regroup at the correct place at the correct moment.

Edited by Rpghard

RPG,

Maybe it is best not to show the other objectives. Make it more linear that way people do not go out on there own in different directions to get the objectives. If possible the use of the teleport should not be used as it does not lend to realism. I think I would prefer a linear game play as opposed to teleportation. Put walls or fences to create a throat effect so you have to stay within an area!!! Place an objective that Ghost have to meet at a certain area before triggering the next event. Similar to a teleport but more manual and realistic... Don't call it extract but more of a regroup. That does happen in real life...

Thanks

RPG,

Maybe it is best not to show the other objectives. Make it more linear that way people do not go out on there own in different directions to get the objectives. If possible the use of the teleport should not be used as it does not lend to realism. I think I would prefer a linear game play as opposed to teleportation. Put walls or fences to create a throat effect so you have to stay within an area!!!

Thanks

Sry Viper to disapoint you and maybe others but at this point the mission is near from is final end I am not gonna change anything except for the end obj 'extract by foot' only if it's not challenging enough.-Bottom line-

But In my next mission it will consider your point as I will not use teleport and I will make it 1 obj at the time to make sure every players is going at the same point (linear).

I am still searching for a map to do a mission on any idea?

tks,

Rpghard

OK, we had a lot of fun with the map, but definitely had some issues. We were playing on a client server (i.e. not a dedicated server), and this time I was the server.

The first crash was much like the one that gave us trouble in Bogie's RAT level. When the Havoc showed up (it was still foggy), my friend (the client) tried to switch weapons to the Barrett and got the following crash:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: 

hold_weapon in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercustom.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\identity.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Physics : threaded
He tried to rejoin, but got the following crash before even the weapons selection screen came up:

data\lib\units\ai\vehicles\hattacklogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: 

_name in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\ai\vehicles\hattacklogics.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

We know from experience that he simply cannot re-enter the map until the Havoc is dead, so I took a Barrett and destroyed it. As before, that allowed him to rejoin. The next thing that happened was after blowing up the first ADAT, when we were spawning near the tunnel. I spawned deep underground, and found myself shooting up at guys through the floor. I didn't have a frag, so I couldn't kill myself, but fortunately my partner spawned down there too and killed me, then aborted the game and came back. Finally, near the wreck of one of the ADATs, I crashed as well... since I was the server, it brought an end to the battle.

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

However, from what we can tell, it's a lot of fun, so we look forward to the next version!

OK, we had a lot of fun with the map, but definitely had some issues. We were playing on a client server (i.e. not a dedicated server), and this time I was the server.

The first crash was much like the one that gave us trouble in Bogie's RAT level. When the Havoc showed up (it was still foggy), my friend (the client) tried to switch weapons to the Barrett and got the following crash:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: 

hold_weapon in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercustom.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\identity.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

He tried to rejoin, but got the following crash before even the weapons selection screen came up:

data\lib\units\ai\vehicles\hattacklogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: 

_name in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\level\level.dsf(0)

We know from experience that he simply cannot re-enter the map until the Havoc is dead, so I took a Barrett and destroyed it. As before, that allowed him to rejoin. The next thing that happened was after blowing up the first ADAT, when we were spawning near the tunnel. I spawned deep underground, and found myself shooting up at guys through the floor. I didn't have a frag, so I couldn't kill myself, but fortunately my partner spawned down there too and killed me, then aborted the game and came back. Finally, near the wreck of one of the ADATs, I crashed as well... since I was the server, it brought an end to the battle.

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

However, from what we can tell, it's a lot of fun, so we look forward to the next version!

I tough I have changed the area for spawning under the map and I must have forgot cause I did something at the same time...as for the havoc theres nothing I will do to change it cause I like it and it can randomly can cause crash the players ...did you tried version 5?...Cause I have this issue with version 4 (crash with havoc )and no crash at all tonight with version 5.

I will make a last update on this map...I will make sure this time to fixed the spawn where you fall under the map and I will also had a trigger area at the end the time you enter the castle...I will make spawn waves and waves of AI that will comes from the castle and behind you from the tents and the lower ground level like this it will be very fun :)

tks a lot for testing,

Rpghard

I tough I have changed the area for spawning under the map and I must have forgot cause I did something at the same time...as for the havoc theres nothing I will do to change it cause I like it and it can randomly can cause crash the players ...did you tried version 5?...Cause I have this issue with version 4 (crash with havoc )and no crash at all tonight with version 5.

Yep, it was version 5. We downloaded then played immediately.

But In my next mission it will consider your point as I will not use teleport and I will make it 1 obj at the time to make sure every players is going at the same point (linear).

What I really was trying to state instead of teleporting, having all of the Ghost players go to that particular defend mission. An example would be to tell everyone that they needed to extract, but when they arrived, a surge of enemy appeared. This would get the players centralized again and allow you to spawn enemy anywhere again without them spanwing in front of the players.

Every time I pull up GRAW2, I always see you out there testing :D You are going to have to sleep sometime!!

Take Care,

Bogie

Ya I go to bed now :rofl: ...

You know how it is when you want to accomplished something...now I made another update which I had more enemy spawned at the end now it should be around 980 AI on the map.

I removed 2 tanks patrol and for sure I have fixed the spawn point where you were falling under the map.Try this one up and tell me what you think.

Edited by Rpghard

What I really was trying to state instead of teleporting, having all of the Ghost players go to that particular defend mission. An example would be to tell everyone that they needed to extract, but when they arrived, a surge of enemy appeared. This would get the players centralized again and allow you to spawn enemy anywhere again without them spanwing in front of the players.

Every time I pull up GRAW2, I always see you out there testing :D You are going to have to sleep sometime!!

Take Care,

Bogie

That's a great idea Bogie and now almost everybody will be happy :yes: ...

No more teleport :rolleyes: ...I go to sleep now and hope that you'll test it before I woke hope :)...

Edited by Rpghard

Well I forgot to add something important in V7 which is that you will have to be ''all'' the ghostplayers at each(3) extract by foot location to activate the event :whistle: ....this will prevent you to be near AI spawn without needed to use teleport :rolleyes: ...

At the same time I found 2 great spot to had sniper there ...hehe I let you guess where :o ...

I also had a few AI to prevent you take the location just a very few because it was noone there making it to easy to pic the area.

This is the last update I have worked a lot of hours on this one to make it the best as possible...I hope you enjoy it and have fun with it as much as I do...I really whished that the next mission will be that stimulate :o= ....

Enjoy...

KillZoneV8

Tks to all the betatesters,

Rpghard

RPG:

Great job!!! I loved that you removed the teleport and went more to an objective event!!! Sorry it made more work for you... It just makes for better realism which I think is what we are all shooting for.

All of you developers have put so much time into creating your "map babies" and then you get us beta testers to through in the pooped diaper!!!! :whistle:

Can't wait to try this version out. Going to try to get the AGB group together for tonight!!! Maybe we'll see you on tonight as well... w00t

Thanks again :thumbsup: