Microsoft Security Essentials Released! (Free Antivirus)

ROCO*AFZ*

Microsoft's free Antivirus and successor to Windows Live one care has been released.

I'm testing it here @ the office and I must say it's very easy to use and one of the most light weight footprints in an antivirus i've ever seen. It requires absolutely no registration to download.

Here is the link to MS to download it.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_essentials/default.aspx

And here is a review

http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/mse.asp

Well so far so good on the gaming front. also it works on XP even though earlier they were not going to allow it too. The antivirus has no effect on my gaming. Now i just need some bugs to sick on it to see what happens...

Just installed on my XP partition on one of my systems at home and no probs so far ... pretty small download and smooth installation

Well so far so good on the gaming front. also it works on XP even though earlier they were not going to allow it too. The antivirus has no effect on my gaming. Now i just need some bugs to sick on it to see what happens...

Just installed on my XP partition on one of my systems at home and no probs so far ... pretty small download and smooth installation

Yeah the interface is suprizingly simple.

I am trying to DL this to my Granddaughters laptop, everytime I click on the link it looks like its trying to do something but nothing happens then defaults back to the page.

I recently had to delete a huge amount of viruses and trojans off her system and used CCleaner, Hijack This, and AVG to clean up her system. After that I had to reload several drivers, and IE to get them to work again.

I am able to DL from other sites to get the drivers, why can't I DL this file?

I am trying to DL this to my Granddaughters laptop, everytime I click on the link it looks like its trying to do something but nothing happens then defaults back to the page.

I recently had to delete a huge amount of viruses and trojans off her system and used CCleaner, Hijack This, and AVG to clean up her system. After that I had to reload several drivers, and IE to get them to work again.

I am able to DL from other sites to get the drivers, why can't I DL this file?

use malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org. The free edition should clean you. Most likely there is still something running that none of these have found. also look for combofix. you'll have to google that one.

Also note

Before you install an antivirus you must remove any others that you have. antiviruses don't like each other. AVG is an antivirus.

Tinker - note there are 2 versions. one for 64bit and one for 32. it auto chooses which one you need when you hit download on there site. Note which one you uploaded. If you downloaded it from a 32bit machine, it's a 32bit client.