"CreateTexture call" Crash on Arsenic Trihydride

We've played Arsenic Trihydride several times (well, started it, got about 2/3 through...), no issues.

Recently, and no change other than adding and removing a few levels to and from the Custom_Levels folder, it won't load past splash screen (20 seconds of black screen first, totally normal) depicting the mission.

I get this:

Crash in application version: grpcrcl.35

Could not load texture because IDirect3D9::CreateTexture call failed.

Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the opertation

And then I get kicked out to WindowsXP.

Again, have played several times, re-downloaded a "fresh" copy, even had friends who have been able to load it send me thier copies, and have played coop Ghost Recon on other levels in the interim. Doesn't matter whether I host or join, even starting a LAN game it kicks me out.

ATI Radeon X1650 with 512mb, driver seems to be up to date, everything else seems to be running fine.

Any help here? Dying to finish the level, and I can't get it to load anymore.

AHB

hi there,

thats a strange crash for arsenic, since its 1 of my smaller maps. 0:)

only thing i can think of in the moment is to lower your graphic settings.

maybe update your directX, but when all other stuff works it shouldn't be that.

if you are playing with a small group, and have problems to finish it,

you can also grab this lite version. its the same map, just less AI respawns.

Arsenic Trihydride lite

:wall: Um, yeah... Bad news. Lite version doesn't load either, same error, even dropped my res down to 800X600 (which was painful, although not as painful as admitting it right now).

Obviously on my end... going to uninstall/reinstall video, we'll see if that works. Any other suggestions? Anyone?

AHB

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Edited by AlphaHotelBravo

maybe update directX as well, other than that, no idea right now.

Thanks for the suggesitons... I've done all I can think of... I can't get Catalyst Control to load, although all the Radeon drivers are the latest. DX is up-to-date. Even did a regiostry cleaning. I can still play other levels (abject_failure works great, it's roughly the same size).

I do have a skin mod in place for the team members, but we've played the 'large' version at least 6 times, with that mod in place... don't know if that would have any impact. The skin works in the other levels just fine.

Hate to even admit this, but I'm getting ready format to my HD with hopes that reloading the OS and all the ancillaries will cure it.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I can't get Catalyst Control to load, although all the Radeon drivers are the latest.

Do you have net.framework installed? Without that the Control Center can't load.

I do have a skin mod in place for the team members, but we've played the 'large' version at least 6 times, with that mod in place... don't know if that would have any impact. The skin works in the other levels just fine.

The Skinmod shouldn't effect with any Map.

Hate to even admit this, but I'm getting ready format to my HD with hopes that reloading the OS and all the ancillaries will cure it.

All that hussel for just 1 map, would be a big pisser if it doesn't help.

What still wonders me is that you didn't change anything and now get this crash.

Do you have any tools like GpuZ or Everest?

Maybe a Memory block on your Videocard died.

But then you would have problems with other maps as well.

Just guessing in the blue here, cause I'm running out of suggestions.

Edited by AmEyeBlind

No tools running, there's a chance that something laid down in the memory on the card, but... You're right, I'd be seeing problems all over the place.

I'll check on my .net install... thanks.

You've been great with all your follow-up and suggestions, I really apprciate it. I'll check back to see if there's anything else anyone else has thought of, and if I find a cure, I'll either post back here, or hit you on Fronturlaub.

Thanks again!

AHB

• 1 month later...