Hey hey,

it took a while but finally its done.

So heres the Combination I wanted to do, and it contains:

mod: Brettzies Weapon pack 5.0 modder: Brettzies

mod: M4 sopmod v1.0 (incl. meusoc) modder: Snowfella

mod: Bloodmod v1.0 modder: DiGiTALY -TC-

mod: German Uniform modder: Wolff818

mod: Desert Eagle(based on baretta) modder: -VMTR-Crosshair2 & AmEyeBlind

mod: MK 48 LWMG (based on SAW), AI, HUD and Gameplay changes, Actors and Compositions modder: AmEyeBlind

Permissions to use the mods were granted.

Fell free to leave comments and suggestions.

DOWNLOAD

@Admin and Mods,

please leave the Topic were it is. I wrote a link to it in the Readme.

Edited by AmEyeBlind

• 1 year later...

I just suffered a third CTD error trying to play with Brettzies' weapon pack v. 6 with your mod at the same time.

While Brettzies' v.6 is installed, I'm launching your combo-mod.

What's strange is that when I started a new campaign, I wasn't taken to the kit-adjustment screen. Instead, I was immediately spawned in the cargo hold, from which I then dove out of to the city far below.

After I was killed, I noticed that I could reload the earlier save, from when I was playing v.6 by itself. I was pleased to find that I spawned on the viaduct, and that I had my customized SCAR-H and loadout. intact from when I first launched the game using Brettzies' v. 6. The game was stable for about half an hour, but then the "stacked save" errors started appearing, causing me to CTD.

Too bad!

Currently, I'm debating what to do.

AmEyeBlind, could you be so kind as to give me a more detailed list as to the AI adjustments that were made with your combo-mod, such as do they follow more closely than before (if so, I can't notice a difference), or are their attention and skill levels more appropriate, or...?

Also, could you be more specific as to the ammo-reassignments that you made, and their impact on the gameplay? Are they noticeable? Do they feel "less real," or...?

I'm sorry to hear that there would be a lot of changes required to the files in order for v. 6 of Brettzies' work to function properly. My utter lack of background knowledge would certainly hamper my capabilities to concoct anything in a timely manner.

Uh...are you planning on the integrating the two together, or...?

Had to ask! :)

And of course, hope! :D

right, sorry to butt in here, but what exactly do you want out of both mods? is it brettzies weapons and your guys following close together with a loadout screen on the first mission or anything else? i'll be able to compile but i wont be able to test, i keep fully crashing every time i load a game because my video card is on its way out.

EDIT:

hold on a mo kyle, if you are playing this, wich contains BWP 5.0 alongside BWP 6.0 AND two different skin modifications there must be a file conflict somewhere no?

the modcombination was never meant for single player, i only put it together and tested it for ogr coop, but i mention that on the readme.

the ai adjustment is only for enemy ai. tactical behavior and gun spread mainly.

the ammo load out was adjusted also only for ogr coop. all guns have more extra clips.

some guns where adjusted, bit less spread more recoil.

sorry but i`m not planing in working more on the mod. i stoped playing graw a while ago and the online community for the mod players is almost dead. so i wont waste more time on it.

the problem also is that the id numbers for gun attachments are maxed out. to bring in the new gun is no problem, but its new attachments would require that something else is screeched out.

i see your point clearly. but its always good to keep refreshing mod every now and then to keep people interested, i mean look at [GR], its 10 years old now nearly and people still play it because of the mods. mid you it had much easier modding than GRAW but still. if we stop modding older games no one will play them. especially with GRFS coming out. no hard core GR fan would want to play it so keeping up to date [GR] mods is important, no?

yes and no.

there are just a few people that play the rc1. and the time i need to invest to make a rc2 is just not worth it.

sounds hard, i know. but sooner or later a game dies.

if i would still play graw i might do something, but in the moment i dont even have it installed.

so dont expect any updates in the near future.

sorry, but i dont spend my time on games i dont play.

To zeealice:

hold on a mo kyle, if you are playing this, wich contains BWP 5.0 alongside BWP 6.0 AND two different skin modifications there must be a file conflict somewhere no?

I'm guessing that your call on the above is probably correct. Almost every time I had to reload, the game would CTD with the two mods installed at the same time.

I can't blame AmEyeBlind for no longer desiring to mod a game he no longer plays.

But I can certainly appreciate releasing new content for a truly "classic" game. Without question, Ghost Recon is that.

What's astounding to me is just how immersive GRAW's environments are. I can almost taste the dust and smog that's choking my avatar.

Having just dipped my toe back into a game I hardly played, GRAW is frustrating to me due to how close the developers came to hitting the nail solidly on the head.

What would be ideal, in my opinion, is a mod that enhances the AI on both sides, but the friendly AI suffers most significantly from AI that's too spread out. Time and again, when I get "owned" by the enemy AI, it's almost always due to them being able to overwhelm me with fire that's concentrated because they don't have 25 m. between them and their comrades.

Even though I haven't tried it out yet, when I read about what Vth_F_Smith was trying to accomplish with his Realism Optimization Mod, the more that I wish that it would've been incorporated with Brettzies' splendid work. I didn't realize just how focused GRAW-modcombination-RC-1 was on strictly online play. I think that the next time I get a decent opportunity to play, I'll give Vth_F_Smith's last release a solid run.

But in the meantime, you can bet that I'll still be dreaming about an ideal Brettzies' + Realism mod combo.

To zeealice:

I'm guessing that your call on the above is probably correct. Almost every time I had to reload, the game would CTD with the two mods installed at the same time.

I can't blame AmEyeBlind for no longer desiring to mod a game he no longer plays.

But I can certainly appreciate releasing new content for a truly "classic" game. Without question, Ghost Recon is that.

What's astounding to me is just how immersive GRAW's environments are. I can almost taste the dust and smog that's choking my avatar.

Having just dipped my toe back into a game I hardly played, GRAW is frustrating to me due to how close the developers came to hitting the nail solidly on the head.

What would be ideal, in my opinion, is a mod that enhances the AI on both sides, but the friendly AI suffers most significantly from AI that's too spread out. Time and again, when I get "owned" by the enemy AI, it's almost always due to them being able to overwhelm me with fire that's concentrated because they don't have 25 m. between them and their comrades.

Even though I haven't tried it out yet, when I read about what Vth_F_Smith was trying to accomplish with his Realism Optimization Mod, the more that I wish that it would've been incorporated with Brettzies' splendid work. I didn't realize just how focused GRAW-modcombination-RC-1 was on strictly online play. I think that the next time I get a decent opportunity to play, I'll give Vth_F_Smith's last release a solid run.

But in the meantime, you can bet that I'll still be dreaming about an ideal Brettzies' + Realism mod combo.

Vth_F_smith's ROM is fantastic, the no sepia on it though makes the world allot darker i think that may have been resolved in the last version. i remember using it with one of the brettzies weapon mods. and it worked okay for me, you'll have to get rid of one of the skin packs in the mod though. the ROM skins are amazing, i think i would (in my opinion) take off brettzies skin files and whatnot and just have the weapons from there compiled with the ROM mod. it is relatively easy and if you need guidance for it i'm quite happy to help. :D

but if you want, give me some time, and if it's okay with Ameyeblind, i'll find a way to fix those CTDs

yes and no.

there are just a few people that play the rc1. and the time i need to invest to make a rc2 is just not worth it.

sounds hard, i know. but sooner or later a game dies.

if i would still play graw i might do something, but in the moment i dont even have it installed.

so dont expect any updates in the near future.

sorry, but i dont spend my time on games i dont play.

fair point :D

Edited by zeealice

• 6 months later...

hey hey,

just a small heads up. i started to work on a rc2.

i tested the single player today and was able to finish the 1st mission and load into the 2nd mission. so far no crash.

in what mission and on which point there did you crash?

would be good to know so i can test if it works now.