Ghost Recon.net Forums

Canon 40D and Error 99

Argh, The camera started acting up and I had to send it in for repair. Any of you guys have the 40D and get this error? Right about now I'm wishing a had save up a few more hundred and gotten a Nikon instead.

Nah, did the firmware first and then all the fixes listed here and there on the net, (remove both batteries, lens, clean lens contacts, reassemble) and nothing worked, in fact it got worse. Went from Error 99 everytime I pressed the shutter to the camera shutting off when I pressed it. Took it to the Service Center, out of warrenty of course, so it will be my cost to repair.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the camera back today, they replaced the shutter motor assembly and fixed the power diaphragm assembly in the Lens as well. Cost $189.00, plan on taking it out this weekend and test it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to get out this Sat and take a couple of photos. I like this one of this Feral Cat up at the Aiea Height Trail. If you look close it appears he stopped on a yellow X and posed for the picture.

AieaTrailCat2.jpg

Edited by Fletch