FC 2 -Great Game terrible Ending

Well I just beat the game today and I must say it felt like it was for nothing. I loved coming home from school blowing up vehicles with ied's and gunning down rebels and freaking them out with brush fires. But after the ending, I felt like it was all a waste. I put so much time in the game and just...nothing. I won't spoil the end, though. I know it sounds bad, but The Jackal was probably my favorite character. His voice sounded similar to the actor who played Lake in Tears of the Sun or the ex-Special Forces guy from the Season 1 Finale of Burn Notice.

Edited by mwgfghost

Now you have to reload a saved game before the end and play out the other ending option. :shifty: Do you have your game patched to V1.03? :unsure: I patched mine now my Jackyl tapes are stuck on 09.Boy Soldier Stealing Boots. No matter how many tapes I find it just keeps playing that one over and over. :angry:

The most annoying about the game is the respawning enemies at the camps. Clear out one camp, drive off into the distance. Come back two minutes later and it's full of enemies again. Yeah, and the ending.... WTH was that? All my so called 'buddies' declare war on me. So on this playthrough I made sure I killed all the 'buddies' before the end of the game. Funny how it takres about fifteen shots to kill one enemy (even one .50 Cal round to chest won't drop them) on the easiest difficulty too, reminded me of MoH:AA that did.

Also, notice how you can play as one of the buddies, yet there's female buddies in the game and you CAN'T play as one of them? I'm going to file a sexism complaint. :P

• 1 month later...

I played out both options. Still the same endings. And yeah I had it patched to 1.03. And yeah I was like "Awesome I'm establishing rapport with these people that's real cool" and then they betray you like an army of super prix. And I didn't mind the respawning enemies too much. Could have done without the respawning of the vehicles. That engine roar was as nightmare-inducing as the screaming bomb men war cry from Serious Sam Second Encounter. Watch this youtube vid and skip to about 58 seconds to hear what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=448iHJR3sYI

I played out both options. Still the same endings. And yeah I had it patched to 1.03. And yeah I was like "Awesome I'm establishing rapport with these people that's real cool" and then they betray you like an army of super prix. And I didn't mind the respawning enemies too much. Could have done without the respawning of the vehicles. That engine roar was as nightmare-inducing as the screaming bomb men war cry from Serious Sam Second Encounter. Watch this youtube vid and skip to about 58 seconds to hear what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=448iHJR3sYI

Serious Sam: First Encounter -

Screaming Men: Waaaaaargh!!

Serious Sam: Waaaaaargh!! yourself

They were in SSFE too.

removed initial sentences due to discussion of warez But that's where I saw the screaming bombhead guys. I can play Doom and FEAR at night with the lights off but going up against those guys with headphones on just gave me nightmares. And I didn't think the ending to this game was even so-so. I deleted the game and threw it away after that crap.

It's because the game was so revolutionary. Being able to steer the enemy into an ambush spot by tossing a molotov cocktail into some dry grass. And the IED's were my secondary weapon of choice. When I saw that, I was like "No way that's the coolest!" But yeah I didn't like how many times it took to kill guys. I was usually able to drop em with one round from the 50 cal and the dart rifle but the other sniper rifle blew. But I got pretty good at mastering ambushes in that game. One thing I also liked was how the games would rust and actually blow up in your hands at times. I learned to always go back to the armory whenever i was close after a mission But yeah all of that ruined by the worst ending in gaming history. It's like "The guy's just too hardcore and the players would have too much fun if there was a normal ending where you could actually complete your mission and kill the Jackal." it's like "What the heck is this Tora Bora?"

Edited by ZJJ