Defcon 20

Rpghard

I found this when I log in GRAW1 a few days ago...I download the map in a server and I saw that it was a map that I have done with the editor called 'Defcon_3' and again nobody ask me to do a remake of it :(...I want to know WHO make this and why he does not respect the author will...I mean those must stop...you see that will only make me quit for good from modding...

Rpghard

Same old thing is still happening even in GR1. People just grab what they want and build there own mods without asking. As you know, GR.Net would not host, promote or even allow talk of such mods, but apart from that, there is really not much anyone can do to stop these type of people.

I hope you do not consider giving up modding around here, as the only people who would suffer, are the innocent people who love your work.

Take care

:(

@RpgHard:

A quick Google search (GRAW DefCon 3 map) will lead you to the usual suspects.

****** GRAW Map Pack #11 Added Dec 08 07 Downloaded 790

NOTE: None of the maps were made by anyone within the ***** *****. These were just repackaged for the ease of our members and guests.
You are not alone...looks like they have a little something from everybody.

Was the level actually modified and thereby voiding their quoted excuse?

the viper mappacks are just a collection of maps, those guys never took a map from some1 else and modified it. they respect the autors work. the mappacks are just for there server to make it easyer for members and people that play on there server.

the viper mappacks are just a collection of maps, those guys never took a map from some1 else and modified it. they respect the autors work. the mappacks are just for there server to make it easyer for members and people that play on there server.

Just by putting this map on there server where players can download it at will...that they must know that is a poor copy of 'Defcon_3'...I consider this an insult...If they respect me they should removed it from download...HOSTING A STOLEN MOD IS AN UNRESPECTABLE THING TO.

I have open the map with the bundler and I found this in the description.xml

'PRUODI L'HA FATTA GROSSA STAVOLTA ED IL POPOLO SI E' RIBELLATO.....ATTENTI SONO BEN 511 RIBELLI...INCASSATISSIMI'

Mean that the guilty is no french and no english....what is the language spanish?or Italian?