ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed

^

Why not throw in low-crawling AI as well -make them more a part of the Team?

____

Can we make it one PER POST?
Justification.

Since no one else has brought it up so far...bumping the ESRB rating back to Mature would probably help the devs steer a potential new title back on the originals course...not for gore/profanity, but for gameplay realism.

The Ubi bean-counters be damned.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a good long think, i'd like to see something added that has nothing to do with gameplay, how about a tip of the hat to some of the folks on here who have kept the game going? Give the squadmembers nicknames of some of the gr.net folk who keep coming back to this site after the last few ropey releases.

A bit of credit given to the modders and missionmakers who kept interest going in the game would be nice.

Going on a mission with squadmates Rocky, WK and DS has to be more fun than taking out generic team number 2.

What Needs to be back that was taken away in GRAW 2 was Spawn Killing, that needs to be back soo many players love to spawn killed

and all the gltiches fixed in the game

Heres an idea I had to take back spawn killing but also allow the team getting spawn killed an option to get out of their spawn but at a cost. This way spawn killing becomes the viable tactic that it should ( ensures that teams need to move forward ) but doesnt make the game killer it can sometimes become. Anyway here's the idea:

Sharpshooter Alternative

For this to work you must have a designated team leader built into the game.

Each map has 4 spawns, A,B,C and D; which are located in the four corners of the map. Each of those spawns has 3 sub spawns 1,2 and 3; which are located within a short distance of each other.

Now this is how it works. Both teams spawn, team X in say A1 and team Y in D1. The match starts. Whenever a player dies they can choose to spawn in either A1,A2 or A3 for team X or D1,D2 or D3 for team Y. Now at any time the team leader ( and only the team leader ) of each team can change the team spawn to any of the other spawns ( B or C ) but they reward the other team 10 points for doing so. They can change spawns as many times as they want but always with rewarding the opposing team 10 points.

This rewards a team for pushing forward and cornering a team in their spawn but also means that it doesnt end the game for the trapped team as they can switch to another spawn but at a cost. It is important not to have invunlerability ( cant spell ) on for spanwing players.

To me this seems like the best solution for the sharpshooter problem as it addresses the camping issue and the spawn killing issue but adds an extra tactical element into Sharpshooter.

The team leader should be chosen via vote, with this vote restarting after every round. If the votes are even for 2 or more players then the team leader is chosen randomly.

While not technically "one thing", it is in a general sense...

I would wish for more weapons and customization options. :)

Take the original concept (gameplay, moddability, multiplayer, etc.) and up the rest (graphics, options, implement NORG to the best possible way).

Bring back the soul switching, it's so useful. If Igive the squad a wide variety of weapons then obviously I want to use them all at some point or another, I dont want to rely on the AI to get it right and honestly, its simply more fun to do it myself.

If this is happening anyway then you're on the right track.

I would like to REPLACE the monotone urban environment of GRAW1 with a mix of urban and rural environments of GR and GRAW2.

My wet dream would be the tactical gameplay of Ghost Recon/GRAW1/GRAW2 in the vast and lush environments of Far Cry :yes:

:) MadMike

If I would.... I would have a key to jump over obstacles and crounch under. Too many time to pass over a little brick I have to turn around it. :wall:

Never done in the real life.

And if I can spend a second choice I would have the possibility to pick up ammo without change my weapon :thumbsup:

Pier

• 2 weeks later...

ooh. Could you PLEASE bring gimping back into ghost recon? Having played alot of fps since Ghost Recon thats one thing that i found unique to my ghost recon experience. There haven't been too many more satisfying moments than that of popping someone in the foot with the bizon from a bush near their spawn, and watching them have to gimp all the way across swamp, from red spawn to blue.

and i haven't played GRAW2 yet, but if they removed spawn killing, then yes please bring that back.

I'm sorry Kim but I'm going to have to cheat, this is the first time I've ever seen an active dev make a suggestions thread and actually check back in. So be prepared my fellow gamers, this will be a long list.

1. EASY ACCESS First off, Ghost Recon IV should be a open-code game, meaning instead of spitting out new games every year, create one game that can be easily updated and fixed. (Think of the attention Halo 3 garners, albeit it is MS's flag game AND it may have a larger population of players.) So that packets of maps, missions (Co-Op and Extensions), skins, weapons, playlists, and armor can be added and updated.

2. CUSTOMIZATION Keep weapons unable to be customized, a tactical game needs uniformity, not a series of 1-Ups. However, a large collection of weapons is what we all love about GR, keep it, and keep adding. Also, do not feel afraid to go crazy in the amount of options you can add to customize a player's character. below is what I personally would like to see.

*Preferred camouflage: Allows you to select your own camo from a large list instead of being forced to be stuck with the host's choice (The host usually sets his team's camo to black while the opposing team is set to white.)

*Customizable and Unlockable Armor Sets. Bungie created a series of armor sets that are broken down into pieces, take the same premise, mix it with RSV6's character creator, and spit out a unique customization system that will allow you to change your face, skin color, gender (Smaller physique for women), voice, shoulder pads, leg pads, vests, etc etc that can be unlocked by completing tasks or by participating in the community or by contest.

3. ACES Take Rainbow Six's "challenges" and give it a Ghost Recon makeover.

4. SMART AI: It might seem tricky but every object in game should have a voice keyword. So in reality, take the current system and optimize it, by allowing AI to judge distance and direction. Example: In GRAW2 Ramirez may say "By the red car!" Guess what? There is more than 1 red car. So by adding on to the current system "By the red car!" would become "By the red car, 20 meters southeast!"

5. ENEMY AI SHOULD FLANK! Seriously, It may be an easy kill, but an enemy jeep cannot stay in the line of fire, taking damage, and not try to evade. Same for tanks, IFVs, and even enemy personnel themselves.

6. FOR AESTHETICS Give every ally (Blue or green) a name. It adds a certain extent of "emotion". So when that "US Soldier" gets blasted, maybe you can actually know that his name was "Michael Smith".

7. LANDSCAPES Already talked about in full in a number of page's in this thread...

8. CHARACTER MOVEMENT It is sluggish and "heavy", controls should run smooth and easy.

9. EDITABLE CONTROLLER SCHEME Already talked about.

10. UNIFORM OFFLINE/ONLINE Singleplayer should look like multiplayer!

11. WHO? Characters in the game should have dialogue beside "We need to move!", we need to get to better know the soldiers fighting beside us rather than reading up on their bios to get our fill. Also, Mitchell truly does have cheesy dialogue.

12. KNIFE of course it should have a delay to take out. It's only real use would be to traverse through smoke and kill and opponent without having to shoot your main weapon and give off a muzzle flash. Or for a signature kill when you pop up on a camper...

13. CLAN integrate clans A LOT more into the current game system, which brings me to my next suggestion...

14. SKILL/RANK/LEADER BOARD Please implement a TrueSkill feature or some kind of fixed exp progression system. Just remember to keep Skill and Rank separate, and of course it ranks comes with its reward.

15. EASTER EGGS Give us something special to hunt down in the giant campaign maps.

16. WACKY ITEMS This is a maybe, I mean, we can't be running around in capes or afros all the time, maybe a wacky playlist on a holiday or special event?

17. ACHIEVEMENTS They are way to easy : / for instance, the Medic Achievement could have easily been upped to at least 25. Also, why not play around with medals? (Sadly, once again, like Halo 3, I'm sorry I keep using it as a reference, its a well planned out game, but I really do hate it sometimes.)

18 DIFFICULTY Most of us veteran players can ride through GRAW2's campaign on the hardest difficulty without assistance. But, as we all know, GRAW1 was too hard. Find a middle point between the two games and test out the difficulties.

19 WEBSITE Integrate the Ghost Recon series into its website. (Once again Halo 3, I'm not a giant fan, just stealing some good ideas.) A game is nothing without its community, and although RSE may not have any power over the website, the current site is trash to say the least. : /

Anyways, I'm done. Sorry about this rant, these are suggestions, I'm sorry if they came out to be along the lines of "IMPLEMENT THIS YOU IDIOT!!!1111one!!!!!!!!!!omg!!!!!2211!!!" Feel free to toss some of these out, I making be asking a lot from a game produced by Ubisoft...

Feel free to toss some of these out,

Well to comply with the rules, I'm going to have to delete 18 of them :pirate:

BTW, the devs do read this board so you should feel free to continue or expand on your ideas in the other GR4 discussions. :thumbsup:

Ha, :lol: I would love to expand (Ayo) but:

1. I've hit a wall and can't remember the vital things.

and

2. Usually things go unanswered, like with the Endwar devs who held around three competitions but never announced any winners. Anyway, I would LOVE for GR Devs to read through all our ideas, if every single game maker read their community's fanfictions, downloaded their mods, played with them in game, and stayed in tune with the forums, GR4 would be far greater than any other game. But what we usually get is the "Player > Moderator > Assistant > Dev" system of transferring info going.

Minimal Recipe for GR4:

- Use (the one) Ghost Recon as a base

- Remove any bugs and glitches

- Update rendering and physics engine

- Smarten up AI

- Implement climbing (no bunny-hopping) and swimming

- Increase freedom (huge maps, equipment options)

- Add voice-com and anti-cheat for multiplayer

- Make fully (and easily) moddable

Food for Thought::

Imagine you could play (the one) Ghost Recon on your 1920×1080 Full HD display with new jaw-dropping graphics and visual effects that put Crysis to shame, and physics so realistic that the military could use it as a training tool. Imagine the maps to be not 400x400 meters but - let's say - 4x4 kilometers large and you could move around freely including climbing ledges and swimming rivers. Imagine the AI to be so smart that it kept surprising you again and again, and every time you played a (non-linear!) mission it turned out completely different. Imagine there would be no glitches and/or cheats to spoil multiplayer battles anymore, and you could talk to your team through in-game voice-com without resorting to an external solution like TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. And last but not least - imagine that every(!) aspect of the game would be fully moddable so there wouldn't be any limitations on the scale of additional custom content created by fans. Sounds about right for a new GR, doesn't it?

• 2 months later...

One thing I would like to see is better weapons kits. After all we are Ghosts. I want the ability to put a silencer on all my weapons,I don't want every enemy within a mile of me knowing right where I am from my first shot, also scopes for all weapons. I would rather kill 3 or 4 enemies on the corner from a block or two away rather than have to try to slip up within 10 feet of them to kill them, also more ammo clips. per weapon. As much as i agree with the one shot one kill theory it doesn't always work I really dont understand why you have a mission with two or three hundred enemies and only give you ghost 150 rounds of ammo.Lastly every kit should includ 3 or 4 grenades for emegency purposes

thanks

greg

• 2 months later...

In light of recent developments...

If I came to you and said, "We have room to make one and only one more change. What should it be?", what would your answer be?
Limit the weaponry, field gear, and electronics to that which is currently found in RW SOF armories/inventories, and leave the prototype? bells and whistles to follow on expansions/packs...assuming of course, that those pipe dreams are ever actually fielded, and that the game merits expansion.

In light of recent developments...

If I came to you and said, "We have room to make one and only one more change. What should it be?", what would your answer be?
Limit the weaponry, field gear, and electronics to that which is currently found in RW SOF armories/inventories, and leave the prototype? bells and whistles to follow on expansions/packs...assuming of course, that those pipe dreams are ever actually fielded, and that the game merits expansion.

I 100% agree with this although sadly I fear it's a request that will not be heeded.

At the very least, limit the effectiveness of prototype equipment to what can actually be expected. For example, it seems the HULC exoskeleton might make the game. If it does, it better not make you run faster or jump higher or anything silly like that because in terms of mobility the HULC will be a hindrance, not a help, outside of its specific role of taking some of the load off of soldiers carrying heavy loadouts over long distances (in other words, the kind of things you don't do in video games).

Tied to that, scale back the technology from GRAW to more believable near-future tech (No targeting diamonds, no readouts telling you what % damage something has taken, etc.).

Edited by TheNatureRoy