ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed

If I came to you and said, "We have room to make one and only one more change. What should it be?", what would your answer be?

This discussion is worded to make you select what you feel is the most important, significant change, so only ONE response! Though, if your answer would be "ghillie suit", I give you a pass card to list a second thing. :hmm:

(Is it technically possible for a mod to link this discussion to the 360 section or would I need to create a second thread?)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Is it technically possible for a mod to link this discussion to the 360 section ?)
Done :thumbsup:

ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed
what you feel is the most important, significant change

How can we answer that, as we don't know a single thing about what is in GR 4 ?

How can we answer that, as we don't know a single thing about what is in GR 4 ?

I was thinking the exact same thing...

But ok, I'll indulge... prone fire of large weapons with MAJOR negatives if fired from the hip or on the run.

Replying to: ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed

Scott Mitchell.

The hero character is the symptom for most of the last versions (:AW*) ills...cure that alone and the gameplay issues should by default be automatically improved...the devs aren't hamstrung in their (other) design choices and the player isn't forced to play a pre-defined role.

I'm not too clear on the question either, whether it refers to GR or GRAW, or even the series as a whole, but I'll play along, we can always edit ** :rocky:

We have room to make one and only one more change. What should it be?"

More realistic sniper implementation. Sniping is too easy in GR, no sway in the scope, no shake, instant zoom etc.

• Hold breath for steady shot (ASI just about every other tactical shooter)
  • Incremental zoom with a small end zoom enhancement for holding on target for a few seconds (ASI Call of Juarez Bound in Blood)
  • Bullet physics (drop over long distance etc [dunno if this is realistic but I've seen others post along these lines])

* ASI - As Seen In

** Can we make it one PER POST? :devil:

A button in the game-menu that is making something possible, everyone here wants simply by saying and supporting: "Click here to play the original GR with a new engine and technologies!" ;)

Edited by rookie

Replying to: ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed

Scott Mitchell.

The hero character is the symptom for most of the last versions (:AW*) ills...cure that alone and the gameplay issues should by default be automatically improved...the devs aren't hamstrung in their (other) design choices and the player isn't forced to play a pre-defined role.

Agree, go back to the original model.

Kill Cams - REMOVED

Stealth - ADD

Sorry i added two, but i did only add one for each choice. If i could say i would love to see GR go back in time to the 80s or early 90s. Hate this future BS Hollywood hero on crack smiling at the TV cam GR has been heading too. Im fine with them maken these kind of games just wish they would do it under a new name! Give me some Cold War. If the ghost make it in the news you know they failed! Anyways it dont have to be in the past, but i would like to see the stealth element brought back to the game! Other than that i agree with everything Rocky has said.

If I came to you and said, "We have room to make one and only one more change. What should it be?", what would your answer be?

(...)

A working anticheat system !!!

Like in COD. If somebody try to cheat, he will "banned" / the access to servers will fail, if that person runs altered gamefiles.

Edited by oz-ares

Hi Kimi,

I would like to see the return of an updated multi-player system from the [Ghost Recon] series, with the ability to join a game already in play.

For me the Online system with both GRAW and GRAW2 has been a let down and unstable. We still play GRAW, but we have given up with GRAW2 !

Many Thanks for this opportunity,

GF-Gunnar.

IF I were to ADD something........................Soul Switching during gameplay

IF I were to REMOVE something...............................Character Hero Style play...(Scott Mitchell)

Sorry that I used two answers. There are just too many things I would like to see ADDED and REMOVED from the current game.

I would like the ability to independtly move my head left and right! with the bumpers(xbox360)(ps3). Then pull left trigger to enter a first person mode. Defiently change how a first person would play out instead of being in a locked gun view!

and for removed. Defiently the Hero charater! i rather play as myself in that role!

Oh GOD!! Kimi is teasing me!

ok, in multiplayer & singleplayer modes, allow for completion of each objective in any order. GRAW/GRAW2 was too retarded in this aspect.

let me finish any objective in any order. sometimes we like to change squad leaders for matches and doing objectives in any order that can be completed in a random order easier to work with. sometimes we discuss these things and say. hey, let's try the mission this way. just as long as the objectives are completed :thumbsup:

added: singleplayer

Edited by Papa6

Its funny that this came up, because I was thinking about this the other day when playing Arma 2. I'm pretty sure this hasn't been put into any games, and I think it would add a little bit of that realism to the game. My idea was having a functional bi-pod. For example, if you have a bi-pod on lets say your sniper rifle, and are near a wall or on the ground, your stability would be greatly increased due to you having the bi-pod resting on the wall or ground. I think it would be really cool to have that ability for people that like to snipe. :) That is all from me.

Hey, I signed up just so I could post here:

The one thing I would remove is the CrossCom avatar video feed. I found It was just annoying whenever playing to see the person talking to me. (Especially in hardcore lingo - like "sit rep" and "hunker down in some mud son!"). During a firefight this was the last thing I wanted to see.

Only because I read it above: removing 'Scott Mitchell' would also get rid of some of the stupid video feeds (i.e. the general talking to Scott), so that will be the one thing to get rid of (killing two birds in one stone).

This discussion is worded to make you select what you feel is the most important, significant change, so only ONE response! Though, if your answer would be "ghillie suit", I give you a pass card to list a second thing. :hmm:

(Is it technically possible for a mod to link this discussion to the 360 section or would I need to create a second thread?)

A simple requesst - A KNIFE PLEASE! People get a lot of pleasure out of snaeking up on someone and pistoling them and a knife kill is equally satisfying if not more :)

And since the first request is such a simple and no brainer request here is one more maybe even more needful -

Greater ability to modify the controller. I hate it where the squat and scope control is. I am forever squatting or activating my scope when I am just trying to move in a close quater firefight.

And since the first request is such a simple and no brainer request here is one more maybe even more needful -

Greater ability to modify the controller. I hate it where the squat and scope control is. I am forever squatting or activating my scope when I am just trying to move in a close quater firefight.

Agreed, however i think this to be a bigger problem than just one game. I been talking to some of the guys i know at MS about adding in a default controler mapper for all games in one of the updates. Can't say it will happen yet, but from what i heard it has made it into the meetings! So maybe one day MS will allow us to configure the controler for all games to fit are needs. Since im handy capped with my hands some control themes just dont work well.

Than again this is now switched to the PC version i see now. So maybe this thread and wishfull thinking wont make it into the game! It was on the console one.

One thing? No problem:

The one change should be basing GR4 on GR1 and not any sequels or other games.