Ghost Recon.net Forums

ArMa2 and i7 CPU: What came first?

this always bothered me and never asked. <_<

my teacher told me, there is no stupid question...just unanswered questions. :rolleyes:

so games like ArMa2/Crysis....they suppose to run great on technology that just came out. :huh:

Crysis runs great on 275-285 GTX on SLI or TRI setup.

But on the time of development, these cards were not available.

So did Crytek run required cards only and not recommended cards? :blink:

In ArMa2, it supposed to run great on i7 CPUs...so did the developers got a hold of i7 from Intel? :blink:

I would say it's just an exhange of cash from Intel to BIS to support it's new CPU.

The truth is from what I've read about the latest CPUs is that Quad core setups would not be utilised by games such as Arma2 - they are designed for true multithreading tasks and multitasking which Arma2 would not require...so I can't see a significant improvement running a quad over a dual.

I may be way off track here - I have made one or two mistakes in my life, but I would say better to spend money on high end GPU with lots of memory then a new CPU.

Having said that and you have your heart set on spending the money then apparently the Q6600 is excellent value.

If you already have a Quad (which you dont i just noticed) then dont waste your hard earned cash.

I would say it's just an exhange of cash from Intel to BIS to support it's new CPU.

See this makes more sense now, since I see the brand(s) during intro in some games.

Where the game runs good on nVidia or ATI, they usually say it during intro.

And then that Intel jingle.