Demo - 5040x1050 Screenshots

*cough* Sig *cough*

1948-sig_matrox2.jpg

:P

Widescreengaming - Matrox TripleHead2Go (Featured Review)

although in the real thing you would have the monitor bezels breaking up the single image a little

still, nice one thales :thumbsup: looks an amazing set-up for the peripheral vision (particulalry with trackIR as well!)

maybe you can tell some details of your rig, what Monitors and what Graphics card(s) you use to drive it and maybe what sort of FPS you get in games (maybe post some pics from GR if you get a chance)

So how are you grabbing these awesome shots? Do you have a triple monitor set up?

Yes, 3 x 22" connected on a matrox triplehead2go digital edition adapter.

although in the real thing you would have the monitor bezels breaking up the single image a little

still, nice one thales :thumbsup: looks an amazing set-up for the peripheral vision (particulalry with trackIR as well!)

maybe you can tell some details of your rig, what Monitors and what Graphics card(s) you use to drive it and maybe what sort of FPS you get in games (maybe post some pics from GR if you get a chance)

Yes, but believe me, bezels arent an issue at all, as you said you use the left and right monitors for peripheral vision, just like a human do in real life - your eyes can "see" 180 degrees but you cant "focus" on all that at once.

Btw trackIR running a three monitors setup is much more immersive since you can turn your head and actually look at the side monitors, instead turning your head but forcing to keep your eyes on a single monitor - thats 10x better. Pure immersion.

Im running 3 x 22" LG W2252TQ, 2 x GTX 280, Qx9650@ 4 Ghz, drivers is 182.50 (its the latest from nvidia that supports 5040x1050, new 190 drivers will support it too).

I dont have GR installed anymore, btw its a vert- game so its a no go to play surround - GRAW (the first) is a hor+ game that supports 5040x1050 with some minor issues, it looks fantastic, ill post some screenshots later in the GRAW forum.

Other great games to play on triple, other than Arma 2 and GRAW, are Far Cry 2, Prototype, Assassins Creed, Dead Space (fantastic), GTA 4 and STALKER ( SC and CS), GRID, Burnout Paradise, Crysis, DCS Black Shark, etc....

Arma 2 all maxed (all very high, including AA) i get around 20 FPS, setting all to high i get near 30 at 5040x1050.

If anyone is interested in setting up a triple configuration i can provide some useful info, its absolute worthy - once in, you will not be back to single monitor again. :thumbsup:

permission thales to copy your screenshot for possible art deco for my game room.

I still 2 walls that are barren atm.

i'm saving one way in particular for my missing GR/Reticule poster...

advance thanks

Absolutely, whatever you want. :yes:

Edited by thales100

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I'm getting ready to do posters....I'm thinking 20x30 but not know how that translate to resolution.

Can anyone help?

Plus I came across Canon's Photostich Program...I may have to research on it's file system and use that to stitch my own pics :thumbsup:

^

1900p = 26.389" x 1200p = 16.667"

20" = 1440p x 30" = 2160p

PS' internal Photomerge, while pretty basic - no specific pixel hunting-, can do an adequate job creating panoramic comps.

____

I swear I'm not stalking you Cpl. :shifty:

wow great screen shots. I love the triple setup. Too bad A2 is dog poop (for those of us who cant afford TrackIR and triple monitor setups and the systems to run em) They really should have learned more from Arma1 when it cme to making the game run better, It looks great on my system but it is buggy,crashy and horrible framerate wise. now to be fair, Arma needed 15 patches to run good so I am givng A2 at least 10 patches before i reinstall it. Til then OFP baby

Edited by twcrash