Ghost Recon.net Forums

Pricing for Windows 7 Released

in the US for a limited time from June 26, 2009 until July 11, 2009 (or as long as supplies last) a special discount pre-order price is

*Home Premium (Upgrade) for $49 .99

*Professional (Upgrade) for $99.99

The offer, however, is limited in both duration and by the number of copies Microsoft is willing to sell, although Microsoft would not specify that figure. The upgrade will be available at Amazon, Best Buy, Microsoft's own store, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Costco, Staples, Wal-Mart and several other retailers.

then the normal pre-order US price is :

*Home Premium (Upgrade) for $199.99

*Home Premium ("Full") for $199 .99

*Professional (Upgrade) for 199.99

*Professional ("Full") for $299.99

*Ultimate Edition (Upgrade) for $219.99

*Ultimate Edition ("Full") for $319.99

In the UK

for a limited time from July 16 to 9th August "as long as supplies last" a special discount pre-order price is

*Windows 7 Home Premium E - £49.99

*Windows 7 Professional E - £99.99

from 22 October (the Release date) until "end of the year" (31 December 09) the price will be:

*Home Premium - £79.99

*Professional - £189.99

*Ultimate - £199.99

then (1 Jan 2010) the price will be:

*Home Premium - £149.99

*Professional - £219.99

*Ultimate - £229.99

In the past Microsoft has offered low-cost ‘Upgrade’ editions of Windows users who already own a previous version, but Microsoft says that “technical issues” related to its removal of Internet Explorer from Windows 7 have prevented it from doing the same with Windows 7 in Europe.

When you install the E edition of Windows 7, you'll need to do a custom (clean) installation. That means you'll need to back up all of your files and settings, install the operating system, then re-install your files, settings, and programs. Important: The E editions of Windows 7 do not contain an Internet browser. Please get a browser from Microsoft or a third party and have it on a CD/DVD or another device so it's ready to install after the Windows 7 installation is complete.

A Commission spokesman dismissed Microsoft's claim that it was taking the action to comply with European laws.
Edited by Pave Low
In the UK

for a limited time from July 16 to 9th August "as long as supplies last" a special discount pre-order price is

*Windows 7 Home Premium E - £49.99

Hoping to grab a copy of this. Will go onto my laptop for trial, as it does not get any use anymore. Is this a 1 PC only purchase, or can I install it onto another PC as well if I like what I have? Never purchased an OS before.

I used to purchase the up grades all the time, then I started building my own systems and having to install the original then upgrade became a pain in the A. I only by the OEM Version from Newegg now. Hoping that I will be able to to the same with this one as well.

Will go onto my laptop for trial, as it does not get any use anymore.

Mate, you really should have grabbed the Release Candidate

Is this a 1 PC only purchase, or can I install it onto another PC as well if I like what I have?

One licence = One machine.

but the preorder special price is such a steal!

If you have vista on your main PC it would be well worth changing it to win 7, I will be :thumbsup: Win 7 thrashes Vista :P

*in fact a lot of people I know are actually running the Release Candidate on their primary PC very happily

Windows 7 pre-orders sell-out in Japan

Now we're getting word from Japan that the heavily discounted Windows 7 upgrades that went up for pre-order on Friday are sold-out.

the 17 retailers involved in the pre-order sales, report sales as "considerable" and taking only 1.5 days (of the 10 days planned) to burn though the alloted inventory.

A quick check on Amazon US and Canada shows the same pre-order prices we saw Friday.

Still, it might be wise to take notice of the "while supplies last" disclaimer if you haven't already.

Update: Engadget Japanese tells us that the 30,000 copies were sold according to Microsoft.

Win7 is better than Vista by a long shot

I'm running Win7 32bit RC and runs much better than the OS my laptop came with (Vista Home P 32BIT) and like I said in another thread my older version of 3DS Max is running without any problems I can't say the same thing with Vista the only option was to upgrade to 2008 +++,,,also I been trying older games and no problems on that department either

Edited by Sgt. Atoa