extra groups in missions

I try to creat two extra groups, and i used mission02 to test. i create the groups and soldiers in extra_groups folder, and i put same files in manager_groups folder. Don't work:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: get_template in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

To bio or John: where is the error? i request a orientation please..

Edited by seiken05

Hi Seiken05,

I wish I could help you here but I am new to campaign scripting, the campaign mission that's posted here is my first so like you I'm still learning.

Your best bet is to ask someone like Bogie, he has a lot more experience than me at this type of mission scripting.

Sorry I couldn't help.

John

SeiK, You can make extra groups but you'll have to change all the xmls to make them work in the game. Your best bet is to modify a friendly model's texture so that character looks the way you like it and then use the original character name(for example:

1)paint up the marine texture.

2) then place the human marine squad in the editor/world. make sure it is set to us marine squad

3) then you have to use the SetPlayerControl element to make them show up in the command menu.

=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SetPlayerControlled Element

This element is used to enable or disable groups to follow or take orders from the player team.

It can also set a destination vehicle for the group, which will disable the player control when the group gets close that that vehicle.

<element type=â€SetPlayerControlled†group_id=â€group_01â€

value=â€trueâ€/>

value=â€true†group_localize_id=â€support_us_marinesâ€/>

type:

SetPlayerControlled

group_id:

Name of group to add or remove from player control.

value:

Which mode to set, “true†or “falseâ€.

Optional attributes:

group_localize_id:

Name of string to show in order list.

SeiK, You can make extra groups but you'll have to change all the xmls to make them work in the game. Your best bet is to modify a friendly model's texture so that character looks the way you like it and then use the original character name(for example:

1)paint up the marine texture.

2) then place the human marine squad in the editor/world. make sure it is set to us marine squad

3) then you have to use the SetPlayerControl element to make them show up in the command menu.

=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SetPlayerControlled Element

This element is used to enable or disable groups to follow or take orders from the player team.

It can also set a destination vehicle for the group, which will disable the player control when the group gets close that that vehicle.

value=â€trueâ€/>

value=â€true†group_localize_id=â€support_us_marinesâ€/>

type:

SetPlayerControlled

group_id:

Name of group to add or remove from player control.

value:

Which mode to set, “true†or “falseâ€.

Optional attributes:

group_localize_id:

Name of string to show in order list.

Thanks Cant, i did it, but i don't use extra_groups. I used a normal group_manager folder but i like to learn how do in extra_groups. Again, thanks...

graw22009062800110529.png