Bushmaster Campaign Alpha Ready for Testing

The Bushmaster Campaign Alpha is just a test to see if I've got things as they should be.

This is my first effort a making a campaign mission at the moment there is only one mission , I have used the current version of Ghost Town but when all the issues are sorted I will add all my best missions, not sure if I should include the Combat Dawn mission because of the lag problems.

The pickups are almost working so you will start the mission in the vehicle, don't know why but I am unable to get the Ghost AI to board the pickups but they will get out of them, any help here will be very welcome.

Anyway give it a test and let me know what you think.

The password is the same as my coop missions.

As always thanks for testing my missions.

John

Link:

The Bushmaster Campaign v1

Bogie, I have a question for you regarding your latest campaign mission.

I notice that some of your location triggers use player_type="campaign_team" while some of the others use "team_a", I was wondering if there is a reason for this as another of your missions have all "campaign_team" for the triggers apart from the player triggers.

Just trying to get my head around how to script the mission, I have used player_type="campaign_team" for all mine apart from the player triggers.

Cheers,

John

I tried to emulate what the stock campaign code had, but did find a few differences when scripting the Sanchez missions. I do remember having a few difficulties up front just getting the maps to work (like with the MissionCommand element). So to answer your question, I'm not 100% sure as it really is not documented, but I suspect that the campaign_team is everyone in your campaign (including Ghost AI) versus team_a being all of the players (no Ghost AI).

Case in point, any Ghost Team member including the AI can go to a location trigger where "campaign_team" is indicated and trigger it. However, if you go to a "dav_mine" location where the code specifically states "team_a", only the player characters can activate the mines. Same goes for the MissionCommand element to where I've specifically put "team_a" as now the Ghost AI can go outside of the mission area, but if you try, Barnes warns you then ends the mission if you do not comply.

So that is my best guess without documentation, but this hasn't been fully tested with all of the scenarios.

Thanks for the reply Bogie,

Now you have explained the differences between the two player types it's made it much easier to understand, I didn't know why the player triggers were always team_a but now I see why.

Any chance of giving my campaign a quick test to see if all is well, you always do a good job on yours so I'm sure you will find any problems that may arise.

Thanks,

John

Hi seiken,

I tried to send you a PM but got the error below, let me know when you have sorted the problem and I will send it again.

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or their personal messenger inbox is full.

This personal message has not been sent

Thanks,

John

Hi all,

Just wondering why there seems to be a lack of interest with my test campaign.

I intend to add all my best missions to the campaign and rework some of the missions that are linear in their design.

Please don't get me wrong here I'm not having a moan :D , just want to get a feel of how popular the campaign missions are, I have had a few requests to convert my missions to a campaign so I am surprised no one has tested it. Bogie's campaign missions seem very popular so I thought I would give it a go.

Let me know your thoughts, if you all want to see my missions put into a campaign then I will get to it. :thumbsup:

Thanks all,

john

Hello John. Just to let you know, there is a huge following with the SP campaigns. I received the same lack of response when converting the Sanchez missions that I almost abandonded it; but glad that I did not. It is just that in these forums here, you typically see the moderators and hardcore players of the coop versions. But believe me, there will be a pretty big response when your campaign is released.

I myself have been enjoying the warm sunny weather; baseball games, boating, catching up on housework, etc. that my time with GRAW2 has lessened... to which I am also behind with the requests for assistance and my own maps. But I will get to it :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Bogie

Thanks Bogie,

I was beginning to think nobody loved me anymore, :blink: I don't expect anyone to test the whole mission I just wanted to make sure it was as it should be and worked on line.

I did test the mission on a lan/online campaign server and it seemed ok on both.

It will be a long job to convert my first few missions as I want to change the objectives so they are all available plus the trigger locations and AI placements but it will get done eventually.

Cheers,

John

ive been busy makin my own map to really test maps here lately and so has the rest of my crew as well as had family issues to deal with

no one has abandon u yet dont give up

Thanks for the info Zero,

I think were all doing the same thing, I also have a job to find time to test missions like you I'm busy on my next mission, hope you get your family problems sorted.

Look forward to seeing your map.

Cheers,

John

Hello John, just was able to give the campaign version a go here just a few minutes ago. Overall assessment is that I did not have any crashes or lag. Now I did not complete the mission which I will have to do a little later today or tomorrow. The only two issues\changes that I would personally make is that I noticed the PlayerTriggers did not function as I went to the ADAT A or ADAT (I belive it was C). The other issue was one that I had mentioned before when I was creeping around to get ADAT C, I sort of anticipated that there would be multiple AI appearing from around the corner by the Panhard and the other buidings. So I had two other Ghost AIs with me and one still hanging back covering our flank. As soon as I triggered the AI, three appeared over in direct view from me (building by Panhard) that I was able to take out, but both of my AI were shot from the other side of the street and I shortly followed. Assure that these types of hot spawns do not exist, especially since there is no respawn and we have to reload the mission again.

Another point would be to add a resupply mule or two. Sure we can pick up weapons again, but with the amount of enemy AI that we put on our maps, it is good to be able to load out the way that we want. Perhaps in the areas where you had your respawn points? The reason we did not have them for online coop is that selecting another weapon when you have an RPG would crash the server. This is not as likely to occur with the Campaigns and the folks that I've talked to really would like the mules back for this type of play.

Hope this helps and I will hopefully get to finish the level.

Bogie

Hi Bogie,

Thanks for the test, strange the player triggers you mention don't work I thought they were ok when I went through it, maybe I'm used to seeing them and didn't notice they don't work, I will take a look.

I will fix the hot spawning you mentioned, I've lost count of the times i have been through the mission but still I missed them.

I will add a couple of mules, I did intend to add the mules before I released this beta but I forgot, just getting to old and forgetful for this mission making!!!. :wall:

It's always good to have someone test these sort of mission that have experience at making them as you know what you are looking for, this is my first campaign so I just needed an expert eye to have a look.

Thanks for taking the time to test, much appreciated,

John

Edited by JohnTC02

Here's version 1.1, just a few changes that Bogie pointed out.

1. Added two resupply Mules

2. Made the location triggers bigger at Adat C.

3. Changed AI placements at Adat C.

Bogie, I checked the player triggers where you mention and for me they are working fine. When I got near the first Adat a onscreen message appears informing you of a new objective then a waypoint marker appears to indicate the Adat's location, when you leave the location the waypoint marker disappears.

If you do get a chance to retest have a look again and see if they are working.

If anyone else would like to test the campaign then I would be very grateful, I do not expect you to complete the mission just give it a quick test and see what you think.

Thanks,

John

Link:

Bushmaster Campaign v1.1

• 1 month later...