[Performance (& gameplay sounds)]

not sure about the horse shoes, but what i know they do wear quite a lot of combat gear, and that does make some sound when running!

A2 runs a lot smoother than a1 does, and there are a lot less bugs that i have notised ( others too as i've heard ) than a1 had at the german release.

Lets just say, i think it's definently worth the wait we have had, for a2 to come out. And BIS does have an excelot actualy can manage to wait ! :Plent rep for supporting it's games.

and, this time, they even said they'll release a demo before the international release, so you'll get the chanse to try it before buying it, if you

not sure about the horse shoes, but what i know they do wear quite a lot of combat gear, and that does make some sound when running!

Probably poor sound on youtube?, the sound of the equipment rattling about as the character runs about in-game sounds like a trotting horse to me

A2 runs a lot smoother than a1 does

I read arma2 is more challenging for the hardware than Crysis?

source Armed Assault 2: Graphics card benchmarks and visual quality compared - Armed Assault 2, ArmA2, Benchmarks, graphics, comparisons - PC Games Hardware

well, arma1 is a real system cruscher..... but arma 2 runs smoother on my rig, that it's brother does.....

ps, cant realy compare it to crysis myself, not having tried that...

About the sound issue, well, youtube aren't know to have greate sound quality now, are they? and, then you also have the posibility that the video is recorded on a rig with realy lousy sound on...

Edited by Noraf

From what i can see so far and reading the feedback from others, ArmA2 is a good looking game and some great gameplay etc but according to feedback the sound is a big letdown, in regards to....it's software based, so no hardware acceleration, which i find a joke realy, i mean come on bis what on earth were they thinking?. It looks to me as bis are slowly going the console route.The sound positioning is according to others who have played the game all over the place. Let's hope the 505 version is an improvement. Why didn't bis give arma2 another 6months to a year of more development?, it would of made for a more polished and feature rich game, including hardware (SB x-fi, lol) sound development.

on

amd 64 x2 4200+

Geforce 8600

2 gigs of ram

it runs fantastically smooth on low settings -- but it looks amazing on low, better than Arma, as long as you have shadows on at all the lighting model is just fantastic.

The engine does something a bit unusual, becoming a little more common, which i don't like at all: Fillrate optimizer. It goes from 50-200; and what it does is render more or less of the screen than the resolution you're using, and upscale or downscale it to your chosen dimensions.

Basically, if you turn it down, it makes your screen a blurry mess at the benefit of a framerate, and if you turn it up, it butchers your FPS for a AA like effect.

As for polish, this is a far more polished game than Arma is now, or OFP was at release, with the 1.01 beta patch. Wait for the steam version, you'll be pleased.

As for polish, this is a far more polished game than Arma is now, or OFP was at release, with the 1.01 beta patch. Wait for the steam version, you'll be pleased.

I just noticed that it going to be available on Steam.

One question though, in ArmA we used different shortcuts for different servers and mods (ie the command line had different such as @Klurs etc). How will this be handled through Steam seeing as you have to start the game with steam running? (Probably a silly question with an easy answer but I've not used Steam a lot and certainly not with any mods).

I just noticed that it going to be available on Steam.

One question though, in ArmA we used different shortcuts for different servers and mods (ie the command line had different such as @Klurs etc). How will this be handled through Steam seeing as you have to start the game with steam running? (Probably a silly question with an easy answer but I've not used Steam a lot and certainly not with any mods).

You know, i honestly have no idea. You can add custom shortcuts to your steam list, i imagine you'll just have to do that.

Noquarter, it's a slider. Putting it around 80% avoids the weird muddy blurriness and works okay, that's how i'm running it right now, i dont mind a little aliasing though.