Ghost Recon.net Forums

as some of you will have noticed, the BIS forums have "disappeared" this afternoon (and they have been particularly flakey for the last 24 hours due to Arma 2 traffic no doubt)

The officially posted BIS link to the Arma 2 Forum (or user favourites) just result in

Not Found

The requested URL /forumdisplay.php was not found on this server.

however for the OFP & Armed Assault forum links there is the following message

Forums have been temporarily suspended

to allow for the patch related

traffic spike. See you soon!

and this is on their nice brand new forums too <_<

guess they don't have enough coins for the meter :P

Yeah can hardly believe it of a commercial organisation

The armaholic.com folks have now posted an update from Placebo

The BIS forums should be back possibly Monday, we need to separate the forums from Arma2.com as the traffic on the forums was taking the website down with them.

Priority is to keep arma2.com online so people who bought ArmA 2 would see the 1.01 beta patch.

We'll look into where the problems are and try to get them resolved as soon as possible.

guess they should have thought about capacity/resilience a bit more before "Upgrading" the forums to the same server/IP as the Armed Assault + Arma 2 websites,

I mean people have only been waiting for the holy "flashpoint 2" for more than 5 years, why would there be any anticipation for "it" :P

The old read-only forums are still up if anyone is looking for "old" OFP / ArmA threads > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikon...1/ikonboard.cgi

hope they get it sorted before the 505 release as the traffic will definitely spike massively then >_<

yeah, or it might just be that half the us and europe is on there asking questions about the game they are still waiting for, wile the rest ogfeurope have bought the german release ( i saw one online shop managed to go out of stock within about an hour of the release...!)

And, i know there's a lot of the buyers that aren't in germany, and that not nesseserly speak german as well, me inkluded ;) and we're probably not helping.......

Well, say what you like about Ubisoft, at least their forums don't collapse when hundreds of people all log on at the same time to moan about release day bugs LOL! :rofl:

BIS' forums are back up and running and, in their defense, at least they recognized the problem and made the best of a bad situation by limiting the traffic to those seeking the patch...until they could pull their heads out.

____

Things like that happen -unforeseen problems beyond your control, when you thought you had everything locked up tight.

For instance, I am just now -after trying (and failing) throughout the day- able to log in here to GR.net.

Edited by NoQuarter

Their site is crap, i lost my password so i have tried about 30 times so far to request a new one, but this is all i get..."The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed"..so how the hell do you request a new password then?. Amateurs lol.

Their site is crap, i lost my password so i have tried about 30 times so far to request a new one, but this is all i get..."The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed"..so how the hell do you request a new password then?. Amateurs lol.

That is one of my pet hates, forums that make it unbelievably hard to reset your account. I just love the ones that suggest you contact an Admin by PM to resolve difficulties, how the heck can you do that when it won't let you login to use the PM system?!!!