[P2: "A Cold Day in Hell" v1.00 - public release]

EvilEye1 - Casper1 - be advised 2 fast movers flying topo and bearing on your position - copy?

Casper1 - EvilEye1 - reading you 4X5...fast movers confirmed...I have eyes on two low flying rebel SU25s my position..over

EvilEye1 - Casper1 - you boys n girls stay low n chilly...but you get me that bridge and that loose arrow...over

Casper1 - EvilEye1 - affirmative EvilEye1, be advised we are low and most chilly...over

wp2.jpg

P2: A COLD DAY IN HELL

DOWNLOAD NOW!

in case you don't have 7z...

http://www.7-zip.org/

I recommend you use it to unzip the file...a couple of testers did have minor issues with the unzipped file when using other software..but others did not, so its up to you..

we hope you enjoy...

Please read the Notes, Tips, Warnings, Suggetions, and Complaints thread before beginning your gameplay...might be useful sooner than you think...

EDIT - be sure to grab the Patch v1.20 while you are at it...

REMEMBER - THIS MOD REQUIRES GR, DS, AND IT PATCHED TO 1.4 AND FROSTBITE PATCHED UP TO v1.3!

before you activate the mod you might want to check play intro movie in your options...

give P2 highest priority...you can load the quick mission FORTDAUPHIN and then quit it to get the P2 soldier/kit selection screen to activate fully - that mission is good for testing stuff you can use in the mod..like various AT, you are invincible...

check the GOODIES folder for unlocked hero xml and all the missions in unlocked missions format that you can copy and paste into your own unlockedmissions xml..the p2_hero xml just goes into your GR directory..do this for quick mission options..if ya want to play the campaign don't go there yet...let it unvail as it will...

mig :ph34r:

Brilliant work. Thnx to all involved for P2.

:thumbsup:

Hope the guys get it downloaded soon as, looking forward to this. Intro movie is awesome, well done.

Lot of stuff to use by scripters I see, anything in here not yet been used, just for future reference? :whistle:

Make sure you all check the goodies folder out!

:D

Tinker,

we will post a general permissions a little later that will name any contributors who wish to allow other modders to use content from P2...you are welcome to use any sound file I created with resources from SOUNDSNAP.COM..I recommend you go there and check out their site use policy...used to be totally free now more limited but useable for resources..very nice stuff there...

I'll send a list of stuff not used via PM...check out FORTDAUPHIN for some of those...

Lot of stuff to use by scripters I see, anything in here not yet been used, just for future reference?

Hey, this is for me scripting a few missions on P2 not using anything for something else. :thumbsup: Just curious if something never made it in that I could utilize. :shifty:

:)

Night version hey? :hmm: I really like that map too. Oki, will be a full on recon mission, like my just tried and tested recon mission on HH Airport map. No killing! On the bridge map at present, drop in around the waterfall area by skydrop, must find that suitcase fast. :unsure: Must hold on until all missions complete first. Time for some fun.

Oh yeah we going to blow some of these up too. :whistle:

:FIREdevil:

Great mod guys.

actually demo is a very rare thing here...you spend more time saving things than blowing em up...the Federation will get pretty sore if we destroy one those loose arrows....might find ourselves surrounded by hostiles then...in their yard too..don't worry...you'll take down as many as 9 vehicles in some missions...maybe 6 of those will shoot back..kill some SMERCH launchers on great maps like m14_mountain..Biro's Farm..both retextured by Bludawg..on the redux of Outpost by OSO n H-Hour...etc..there is a tribute to Right_hand and his Needles Eye mission in the mod too..but no, not on m03_rrbridge..that one is for a much more involved mission..after killin some guys and destroying some vcls...you will get a little Stone Bell Deja Vu....on it.

I've been remiss here - I did not mention that the mod is not yet ready for MAC play...I used some kit file names that are longer than the allowed characters and I guess there would be other issues like audio files? Not to worry - this will be taken care of somehow...

I'm sure I'll eventually get around to releasing things like the placeables as a stand alone mod for you guys, that'll be done after an appropriate amount of time has passed

I'll put together a modding .pdf at some stage (and maybe some reference files) for anyone who wants make their own

so you saw 'em eh?...I see you're from Cananda? Make ya feel at home? I expect Theo' won't be able to get any further upstream after he "catches" 'em..well don't get looking that way too hard..there could be THEM..and there are definitley THOSE..and THEY could get nasty...and then there is IT and IT has friends too....all on that day map...and yes all those things make the mod for me too...well go on to p203 cause you're just getting started...more wizardry to come at ya real soon on the dusk version..and some of that down by the river again...time to meet cobaka's little trucks...how appropriate that cobaka's work ends up showing on that map first..just realized that..

enjoy Phlook's day and dusk map versions... ;)

yep Lighty its finally a download reality eh? Thanks to all above for your comments! There have been some hours put into this thing by a number of people trust me... :yes: Oh and thanks to you H-Hour for such a cool map and one of my favs, for helping with the testing, and your consultations...

Made to mission 3 this morning. Again hats off to all involved. Just about to reach Extraction when a sneaky sniper took out the pilot though. :( Must scope those rocks more next time... :snipe:

Nice map Phlook, love the waterfall area. Have some strange footstep sound loop just in the water too?

The water sounds are a bone of contention.......

This mod is Frostbite based, and the water footstep sounds were over-written for the Blue Ghost map (the deep snow is tagged as a river bed). This allows the "Too Deep" voice over to work (a nice little trick by Sleeper), however this means that any river bed will sound like you're walking on snow with Frostbite active.

This was not realised until the river had been created for Blackwolf and it seemed a shame to scrap it

We tried to make a footstep sound that was a happy medium between the two (to allow Blue Ghost to be used as a map in P2) but the jury's out

you will experience this oddness when you play p213 on Blue Ghost and go trodding through the snow or even on the road...but hopefully I'll keep you busy enough to overlook that a little anyway...I think you'll like the short little cinematic for that one in SP mode...I believe this is where GreyHaired spilled his beer...short enough that I disabled skip it...matter of fact there are three with skip it disabled...p201, p213, and p216...the other cinematics do allow you to skip out...Tinker, that non-cinematic thing you just got to watch will also play in COOP on the dedi...took some real doing and believe it or not luck to get all of that to work w/o crashing the server... the timeline for critical events is reversed somewhat in COOP mode due to those crashes...things happen really soon in that mode and I made PLAYER invincible for three seconds because of that..but once again..you'll see everything online you just saw in SP... :yes:;)

How bout that Phlook eh?

wow thanks for that H-Hour! pretty cool...looks like callmehobbes and Hammer got pretty close with their choice of camo patterns, eh? BTW - You can see callmehobbes's camo on a 2s19 howitzer from the mod..but you may have to "look" for it in an unexpected place... :santa: the mobile guns on Outpost are of course the ones from RSE, Blakarion did a 2s19..

the world should stop down and thank those many many who gave it all to help turn the tide too...ever read the book Enemy at The Gate? What a brutal piece of that brutal war Lenningrad was..for all who went through it..