[How do I retexture SCAR H ?]

because i know that modding resident evil 4 I just needed an extracter and adobe photoshop for editing the textures and can anyone tell me how to do it with this game than any help will be appreciated....because i want to change the color of some of the weapons with photoshop but I cant find an extracter for this games files so if someone can help me with extracting the files ill be very grateful :thumbsup::unsure:

Please Do NOT Spam the forums! - You only need to post ONE thread per subject and in the correct forum

I'll move this thread to the GR:AW 2 - Weapon Modding forum (& give it a better title), As you didn't mention in your original post what you wanted to mod

To get all the files completely

Move the quick and the patch bundle into your public_tools\bundler folder

1: Create a new folder called: data

2: go to START/RUN and type cmd to bring up the command prompt

3: type: cd C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

(Change the directory above if yours is different, if not, copy paste the above)

4: Press enter

5: type or copy paste into command prompt: bundler extract -r quick.bundle

6: Press enter and wait for completion. (May take a few minutes) Do not close command prompt

7: Move data folder out of bundler folder

8: Create new folder in bundler folder called: data

9: type or copy paste into command prompt: bundler extract -r patch.bundle

10: Press enter and wait for completion. (May take a few minutes)

11: open data folder and cut all and paste it into the previous data folder and yes to overwrite

12: Move quick and patch bundles back to there original location

13: Place your newly created data folder with all your game files in a place of your choice.

Hope that is a bit clearer, if not, let us know.

:thumbsup:

*Edit*

Not sure if you need to move the first data folder and make a new, maybe it will just unpack both straight in the 1, but this does work.

quick.bundle contains all the original game files.

patch.bundle will update these files with all the corrections from the patches, make sure you extract them all.

im very sorry for double posting....ok ive created a green g36k and ive created a new folder before i go into ghost recon advanced warfighter 2,the file i "extracted" was the original file and i made the g36k green and saved the file and a popup from nvidia asked me too save and i said yes and then it said "all alpha will be lost" or something like that and now ive edited it but....what now? :wacko:

You'll want/need that Alpha channel present, so use the "DXT5 ARGB (Interpolated Alpha) " dds format when you are done editing and ready to Save the texture.

Once that's done, create the following subdirectory

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\english\textures\atlas_weapons\g36k\diffuse_set0

and then include your edited .dds within it.

Fire up :AW2, equip yourself with that weapon and check ingame if the new texture is what you were looking for, if so, quit the program, fire up PS again, Open Recent your last edited file, resize it (512/512), and then Save As g36k_3rd_df.dds.

Once that's done, create the following subdirectory

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\english\textures\atlas_weapons\3rd_person\g36k\diffuse_set0

and then include your second edited .dds within it.

EDIT:____

Just a note but browsing the General Modding Sections of both :AW & :AW2 (from start to finish) might help in answering some of your questions, without waiting for someone to step in, that is.

Edited by NoQuarter

Hi,

To get the textures and models you'll need to install graw 1 and patch it to the latest version.

Then unpack the bundle and the patch and look in the texture folder for the textures...

The 3dsmax7 scar model will be in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Support\Editor tutorials\GRAW_Sample models_3dsmax7.

You can find the unbudler in the download section I think.

Hope it helps

im sorry dude i didnt say im ONLY using adobe photoshop 7 and i got the files to make it black for ingame and the weapon select screen...can one ofyou super pro's please tell me where the files are for my team holding the weapon(i think it's texture-weapon-and then in the 3rd_person folder...if im not correct then please correct my stupidity)and also the folder for when its lying on the ground...but its only for photoshop please...thanks dudes i'll really appreciate it... :D

Should be in /textures/atlas_weapons/3rd_person/

The SCAR H is alittle unique though in that it shares all but the magazine with the SCAR L, so you need to edit the L's textures in order to change the H model.

First you need that bundle extractor everyones talking about to get the super graw files. Also you make sure you have a .dds import for your photoshop program because thats what format the graws texture files are in. But you need extract some files out of the graw bundle which should be in Program Files/Ubisoft/Graw2/Bundles/quick.bundle

Open that up with bundle extractor and then expand data

go to textures/atlas_weapons/and whala any weapon texture is at your finger tips.