DIESEL exporter issue

PIC

Hi all!

I'm modeling a new assault rifle and I have a little problem to export it in diesel format from 3ds max.

Initially the weapon has been modelized on 3ds max 2010. I've then seen a plugin for 3ds max 2008 in GRAW2 public tools folder but it doesn't work on my 3ds max 2008 as well...

Does anyone of you now how could get around this prob?

I've then seen a plugin for 3ds max 2008 in GRAW2 public tools folder

That is a plugin for 3DMax 8 which also works for Max 7, it does not work for Max 2008.

Only versions Max 7 and Max 8 will work.

[Removed your other post on the same topic from the map forums]

Actually the diesel plugin for 3dsmax8 does not work for 3dsmax7, you need to get the 3dsmax7 plugin from the GRAW ONE files directory. if you need help finding it please inform me asap.

And before you get a weapon in game theres a lot of steps you have to take to successfully getting the gun in game. If you need help theres numerous tutorials on how to do so, i can give you a really simple explanation if you want me to.

By the way what kind of rifle are modeling?

Hi Mitchell, there seems to be some (potentially) conflicting information on this...

Actually the diesel plugin for 3dsmax8 does not work for 3dsmax7, you need to get the 3dsmax7 plugin from the GRAW ONE files directory. if you need help finding it please inform me asap.

Bogie says in this thread that it does work...

MAX 7 works with GRAW2; so it doesn't just need to be MAX 8.

Bogie...can you pls. confirm that you have sucessfully used the plugin from GRAW2 with Max7?

Dav

Hi Mitchell, there seems to be some (potentially) conflicting information on this...

Bogie says in this thread that it does work...

MAX 7 works with GRAW2; so it doesn't just need to be MAX 8.

Bogie...can you pls. confirm that you have sucessfully used the plugin from GRAW2 with Max7?

Dav

What would be the difference using the max7 or max8 plugin considering the max8 plugin works on max7?

I'm currently modeling a Galil SAR 5.56

Specifications:

Caliber: 5.56X45mm (.223 NATO)

Barrell Length: 13in.

Weight: 8.25lbs.

Rate of Fire: approximately 550 rounds per minute

Initially I've followed a tutorial but I've rapidly restarted my model from scratch using my own modeling techniques and references.

The low poly model is nearly done but it takes a lot of time since I'm very new to 3d modeling (1 week lol)....never did any 3d model before.

I'll might need some help when it will come to animating, mapping and texturing this thing because I have no clue about that.

I'll post some WIP pictures soon (maybe today) in a new thread and perhaps you could give me your feedbacks and advices.

The low poly model is nearly done but it takes a lot of time since I'm very new to 3d modeling (1 week lol)....never did any 3d model before.

Well done. I am soory to say I know nothing about 3dsmax...but you've picked it up so quickly perhaps I should give it a go too?

Be great if you could post some movies/instructions on how you are doing it so others (incl. myself) can see how easy (or not) it is to create models.

There are a number of modellers here who will no doubt help you out along the way...

Great to have you onboard!

Dav

Dav

Dav, the plugin that came with GRAW2 only works with MAX 8. However, I used the plugin (maxexporter.dle)that came with GRAW1 (MAX 7) and the diesel exports were usable in GRAW2. I'm not sure what the differences are, but I have not had an issue with the exports at all. My assumption is that the deisel exporter differences were to conform to MAX 8 standards and the actual coding of the exported deisel file are the same standards as GRAW1.

Yes, the thread that was referenced was a little misleading as I did not elaborate on what I had done. So essentially, I used the maxexporter.dle exporter from GRAW1 in 3D Studio MAX 7 to export the model deisel files for GRAW2.

Hope this helps, PIC, and let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Bogie

Sure it helps :thumbsup:

Thanks for your support I'll need all the help I can find.

Here's the new thread where you can find some early previews of my model :

link

It's going to take a bit more time than expected to finish the low poly model but it's advancing every days.

Tell me what you think so far.

Be great if you could post some movies/instructions on how you are doing it so others (incl. myself) can see how easy (or not) it is to create models.

Dav

I think it's a bit too early to make a tutorial myself but if the final result comes to be good I'll might do that ;)

Edited by PIC