Ghost Recon.net Forums

New Media - Final Release dates.

Firstly - release for Germany is on the 29th of May, the Czech will receive it in mid-june, rest of Europe gets in on the 26th of June - no US Release is known atm.

Here are some new screens showing off the new water and some landscape - in case you are thinking this is just some photoshopped pictures, check out

playing ArmA surely knows this name ;) ) demonstrating TrackIR in ArmA2.

As the link with the screen shows, we now have the final system requirements as well.

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP / Vista

* Dual-Core CPU

* 512 MB Ram

* Graphics card with 256 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

Recommended System Requirements

* Windows XP / Vista

* Quad-Core CPU

* 1 GB Ram

* Graphics card with 512 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

I will be good with my new system. Dslyecxi is running the game with a Quad core @ 2.66GHz; Geforce 285; 4GB of RAM(not all of it used with XP) and WinXP SP3 on high settings with 1280x720. As you try around a bit you will find a good way to save some fps as in all games.

EDIT: Ok so he just cleared that the video has been recorded in 720p. Otherwise he runs the game on 1920 and it performs well. So obviously there is room.

If you are more interested - he is answering some questions at the BI-forums and already dropped some knowledge about the improved AI.

He does not, however, play the final built - though it is a more recent built than the ones the previews are based on ATM!

All that footage convinced me to pre-order the game and be a lucky dude to have it on the 29th of May!

Don't be surprised, I'll post that over at the BFS-forums as well. :D

Oh and btw, I am not interested in TrackIR and do not mean to advertise it - just thought the ingame-stuff is worth sharing.

Edited by rookie

@ rookie, that must be because you haven't tried arma with trackir! The situation awareness you'll get is awesom, and i find myself missing it a lit in graw2, witch i just resently aquiered.

I'm quite sure i'll get the german release (digital download version) this time also, aftherall, 1 got 2 copes of arma ( german digital download and 505 dvd versions ), and if you can't change to english ingame uon the initial release, i'm sure i'll live with that!

btw, you do know the release is close when they start updating the page 2 times a day....

Ooooh yes, it is reeeaaally close. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Hope it was worth the wait.

The situation awareness (w/TrackIr) you'll get is awesom,
I'm finally going to bite the bullet and pick one up...for this title alone.

and if you can't change to english ingame uon the initial release, i'm sure i'll live with that!
SickBoy & Crew will no doubt have a patch available if needed.

____

I'm not going to wait until a NA publisher is on board and will pre-order from 505.