I'm confused! *Is* there/will there be a [GR] 4 ?

Sorry guys - maybe I shouldn't read forums first thing on a Sunday morning when my head is still fuzzy - but I'm confused...

This is purely a speculative forum is it? Or *is* there DEFIANTLY a [GR] 4 on the cards?

Admin: Maybe a sticky '[GR] 4: Here's the facts so far' post might be good - just to clarify and introduce this section. This would be helpful so new visitors can get a grasp of what actually is or isn't happening...

That way you avoid people like me asking 'stupid' questions like this! LOL

Cheers for that Rookie...Now I am less confused. Still it would be nice to have the background and what real info there is for this in one sticky, so people can read up on the development history of this.

I'm glad there is a new one coming out though - soon there will be a whole raft of battlefield based infantry games coming out (ArmA2, OF2 and Battlefield 1943 and so on), so the [GR] franchise could do with an update to keep it competitive.

Thanks for the clarification - I can now join in on the speculation! :)

(I'm more awake now - I've had too cups of tea!) :D

The official situation is that the games development has been confirmed via the Ubisoft financial statement,

BUT the game hasn’t been officially announced as such hence the lack of any more detailed information.

However the game is without question in development and does exist.

Many thanks Kleaneasy... Good news then(ish), but it does sound a long way off (I'm not speculating here! Honest!)...

So - until it comes round I may have to re-install GRAW2 (I need a bigger HD) and I may tinker with ArmA2 for a while. Thanks for the gen.