BlackHawk_Down Ready for Beta Testing

Is this a Coop map or a mission map. Thanks

Viper

From the way Davros has been talking, I'm real excited to be able to experience it.

Thanks,

Bogie

Viper, yes but no. its a coop mission TVT map, it a full mission map but it's a TVT game.

It has:-

heli inserts and heli air support and your the air support.

22 vehicle insert with 6 insertion points.

1 crashed heli, that you have to secure site for 35 sec.

3 crashed heli crew that you have to rescue before the skinnies get them. they are in 6 random location.

3 heli extraction for the 3 crashed crew.

your communication goes down so you have to find a phone box to get the codes to enter the under ground computer room.

you can call for 1 of 3 air strikes.

3 adats must be destroyed.

medi station for your health to be restored( to be tested)

gun supplies on a table at spawn.

60 land mines.

15 wall explosion.

a point system that's for the team and players to get better guns.

one US base and one big ass city.

but I must stop the map from looping first..

Rad..

Radiator,

Is this a Coop map or a mission map. If a coop map We at AGB would be happy to beta test. Please let me know the password to your map.

Thanks

Viper

No more words are needed...

We at the "Army of LGP" are interested in betatesting this new experience of gameplay...

Greetz

porter

Hi guys, BlackHawk_Down is ready for a beta test, But I have a problem with the map restarting at the end of the mission. It doesn't go to the next map it just reloads over and over again. :angry:

Any ideas

Rad...

Radiator i dont get it you say BlackHawk_Down is redy to testing (Beta) i have look allround bot cant fine it i have seen the movie abaut BlackHawk_down it look very god and i now you are ekstream god to make maps as bogie are to, you and bogie have giving graw2 a new life as it wars close to go dawn keep the god work Radiator and graw2 will stay alive *ebk52*

Radiator i dont get it you say BlackHawk_Down is redy to testing (Beta) i have look allround bot cant fine it i have seen the movie abaut BlackHawk_down it look very god and i now you are ekstream god to make maps as bogie are to, you and bogie have giving graw2 a new life as it wars close to go dawn keep the god work Radiator and graw2 will stay alive *ebk52*

U forget Davros and his fantastic Mines and his other ideas to give GRAW 2 a new dimension...

And in this all the mappers and modders who made fantastic new maps and weapon-mods (brettzies)

Regards

porter

Ebk52, The map was ready, so I posted that it was Ready for Beta Testing. So I was just about to upload it, and I gave it one more test. and if found a glitch that made the game to crash. It has something to do with the scoring system. If I can't fix it, I ll remove the scoring system and send it out for testing and fix the scoring later.

Sorry Rad... :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, A quick update on Black Hawk Down. Still a long way from finished. I've fixed the crashing fault. But I have one more problem and then I can release it for beta testing. The problem is all the AIs have tags on them (blue diamonds) I need to remove the tags, so no one can see them.

Here's a video of what I've been working on. This is just the half of it. all the sounds are in game, all you see is in game as well.

http://www.vimeo.com/4449905

I hope you like it.

Rad... :)

Edited by Radiator

Hey Rad...most excellent video! Well done.

So many things in there to look forward too! I especially like the Gun Room and the usable weapons racks - very nice for ranked games. The attention to detail is amazing.

The heli action, (incl. the :rocket: missiles) is just a masterpiece...as is the entire game type. Should keep the player vs player crowd busy for a long time!

You seem to have mastered Camtasia and Vimeo too! Well done.

Sorry I have not been online recently (and missed your call the other night), we have had some friends of the wife staying (still do) so have not had much time to play....needed to be a good host and all that.

Oh, and thanks for the mention in the credits...very kind. :blush:

Chat soon.

Dav

but im wonderin if it will work with brettzies mod or no

Judging by the video, I'd say no for MP and maybe even SP. The racks of Mr-C's would probably crash it. For MP I took the Mrc out to free up attachment slots, so that will probably crash. And for SP, I had to rename the all the crye xmls to mrc. The reason was the game icon in the SP load out screen wouldn't work for the Mrc+Acog, never could figure it out so I just renamed it and bingo. A minor thing but annoying. That's why I included the training level with my mod. It's the only level with an MRC spawned in at the GL range. I had to change the entry from crye to mrc in the mission.xml:

My version:

<element type="CreateUnit" weapon="mrc" pos="3827 1427 19" yaw_pitch_roll="0 90 40">

<mod name="mrc_grenade_launcher" spare_clips="3" />

<mod name="mrc_combatsight" />

</element>

Standard:

<element type="CreateUnit" weapon="crye" pos="3827 1427 19" yaw_pitch_roll="0 90 40">

<mod name="crye_grenade_launcher" spare_clips="3" />

<mod name="crye_combatsight" />

</element>

Don't go changing all your crye entries to mrc though, better to just use another weapon. Using "mrc" will just make it incompatible with a non-modded graw2.

If he wanted to make it compatible, I'd stay away from spawing these in the game by default as props or whatever: Mrc(crye), M416, M8, M8compact, Barrett.

Doesn't mean you can't use them in the game, but it makes it easier for the mod to work with the map if someone wanted to do that. You could pick and use the MRC(or any weapon for that matter) in an SP campaign mission, but

if any of those were props in the game or used by enemies, it would most likely crash. If they weren't props, it should be fine, M416, Mrc whatever you want to use. Now for MP/Coop, I had to take those out completely to get more attachment space. So, you couldn't even pick them with my mod installed and any instance of them in the map(prop or otherwise) would most likely result in a crash.

If he wanted to be safe with mine, he could put a rack of Scar's or M416+Aimpoint would work, but M416 default(which uses ironsight) would crash. Really up to the designer whatever he wants to do, but I'm pretty sure the way it is now it won't work.

Edited by Brettzies

That's a great movie, really great Radiator - thanks for putting it together.

Viper, yes but no. its a coop mission TVT map, it a full mission map but it's a TVT game.

Just to clarify, is this a team v team map, but it's not like a deathmatch, it's more like a mission based thing where both teams are trying to complete the objectives before the other team...?

But I have one more problem and then I can release it for beta testing. The problem is all the AIs have tags on them (blue diamonds) I need to remove the tags, so no one can see them.

You may wish to double check; I noticed when creating "Recruitment Day" I put several different types of friendlies as hostages: Bravo Team, Rosen, Loyalists & Blackhawk Crew. The Loyalists and Rosen did have the blue diamonds even when set to "blind_and_deaf" and "invisible". However, I believe that it was either "Bravo Team" or the "Blackhawk Crew" did not display the diamonds when on the local LAN. You may want to test out one of these to see if it works for you.

Great work on this map!!

Bogie

Galor' date='May 4 2009, 04:14 PM' post='538916']

I want to play this map!!

Where is it? :thumbsup:

Be patient Galor..lol

Just to clarify, is this a team v team map, but it's not like a deathmatch, it's more like a mission based thing where both teams are trying to complete the objectives before the other team...?

Yes Rocky, this is Team vs Team with missions to complete within the gameplay.

Hey Warhammer...first post...nice to see we have lured you into the light from the seedy word of lurking!

Talk about creating a sense of anticipation! This map is more anticipated that the new Terminator!

Seriously though, take your time as everyone wants it to be right....and I know how close it came to never being...so make sure you take your rest breaks - we will be patient :)

Dav

Hi boys, The bad news is, I haven't had a play with the map for 4 or 5 days, I had the day off, if you like to say. :(

The good news is, I went to Brisbane to see the doc, about the Cancer I have or I had. Yes, he said it's all gone. :hehe:

So I am as happy as pigs in mud. So black Hawk Down, here we come. :D

Rad.....

Edited by Radiator