L4D1 - Survival Pack DLC out Today (21 Apr)

The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack will be released via Xbox Live at roughly 2 am PST on April 21.

The DLC is free to all owners of Left 4 Dead and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled Survival,

plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode.

The PC version of the DLC is targeted for release later in the day.

You can read more about "survival" in the L4D blog entry Surviving the L4D Survival Pack

:)

The xbox DLC was released on schedule... PC next ...

To all the XBox 360 users, the DLC has been released for you and you can now update your Left 4 Dead to receive the content.

PC users will have to wait a few more hours. We expect the update to be out for PC users at around 10am PST.

PC users, let's play the waiting game...

Downloading PC DLC now; tried out the Xbox DLC yesterday - Seems you cannot play Survival mode offline, you are seeming forced to play it online. And on the lighthouse map, there's a glitch whereby bots stuck at the top of one of the ladders. While stuck there no special Infected can get them, nor can the bot move at all.

Be warned though, there was one time we had 3 Tanks and a horde coming at us. You can have like 4 Smokers/Hunters/Boomers coming at you with the horde in Survival mode.

We found and awesome hiding place on the Drains Survival map too, you are exposed from the rea only but the railings stop you from being pulled off by a Smoker.

Oh, and the lighthouse map.... Don't even try hiding, the infected can break almost every walll of that house, even the brik walls of the garage. They can even smash through the wall in the bathroom....

Awesome. Got bronze and silver medals on Airport (Dead Air) Terminal. Also got bronze on Airport (Dead Air)Construction Site. It's ironic how the guy with using sniper rifle indoors (inside the airport terminal) survived as long as I did, and the guys with shotguns died shortly after getting bronze. Damn, we we're around one and half minutes away from getting gold!! It was just me and the sniper guy left (I suppose the snier rifle WAS a good choice here because the Smokers were spawning some distance away and he could hit them before the Smokers got to grab us. We decided to hold out at the fence (where van normally smashes through, but it doesn't smash through on Survival)

From there it's not so far to the ammo, running to grab ammo/healthpacks only takes a few seconds so you got time to do it between hordes, also your rear is covered bya fence that the Infected can't climb over. I was on M16, and the only other remaining survivor was on sniper rifle. We're both low on ammo, and can't go get more due to the impending stampede that was was being bestowed upon us. We got a visual. One. Two. ###### loads. Too many.

"Hold the line! Seven minutes already. We got silver, we can get gold!"

"Two minutes until gold, we can do this!"

"They're everywhere"

"Tank!"

"Tank! TANK!!"

What? Not only was a Stamford Bridge style stampede upon us, but there was several Tanks among them.

"We got them. Keep holding the line!"

Forty rounds left for me, he's out of ammo.

"No amm.... Smoker!!"

"<expletive> HELP!!"

"<expletive x20>"

<Comms feed goes silent.>

<Infected sweep over remaining Survivors as easily as the waves sweep over the sand.>

<M16 guy (me) pummuled to death by two Tanks. Sniper guy gets constricted by a Smoker.>

It seems odd that they don't allow you to play survival in SP. When we were playing, we only had 3 people playing and the last one was just the bot. It seems fairly easy to setup. I doubt anyone is going to get any great times because the bots won't be as smart as humans but still it would be kinda entertaining.

Still waiting for a modder to give me my grenade launcher, airstrike(s) and riot shield (would replace main weapon; wielder should only be able to use a single pistol with the riot shield and onlybe able to walk not run). After all, Valve won't do it even after my repeat requests. Don't need strafing runs as I can do that myself by jumping off the top of lighthouse going full auto in the M16. :rofl::rofl:

Wooo, my team held out for 22 minutes on Airport Terminal. That was insane.

I still think they should have had waves of Tanks and/or waves of Witches in Survival mode (just like there's waves of standard Infected) but small waves as in 4-5 tanks/Witches.

Let's if the developers of Killing Floor will give my grenade launcher and riot shield, Valve obviously won't.

• 3 weeks later...

Vhladd, sorry for all the talking in German yesterday - the player that was with us didn't speak much English, so I [trying to] translate stuff into German for her (that's right, female player. I keep coming across more and more female players playing this game now)

Do you know how hard it is to shoot zombies and read from a foreign language dictionary at the same time?

Pretty amazing fianle on No Mercy yesterday (before you joined Papa). I rescued all 3 players (including one player twice), damn Tanks coming right at us and Infected surrounding me as I'm getting these guys back on their feet. Just as I get one back up, the next one gets vomited on by a Boomer and then knocked down by the horde. Run all the way over the other side to get him back up, in the face of a Tank and all. Then there was only one medpack left - mine. Unused. Had to make a rational decision who to use it on. One was dead by now, two badly wounded me still with around 70-80 health. I used it on the person with the least health, who then got knocked down again, but survived with me at the end. Only two of us made it out, including me.

Edited by WytchDokta

• 1 month later...

It seems odd that they don't allow you to play survival in SP. When we were playing, we only had 3 people playing and the last one was just the bot. It seems fairly easy to setup. I doubt anyone is going to get any great times because the bots won't be as smart as humans but still it would be kinda entertaining.

:whistle:

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/T..._surv_0farm.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/T-09-L4D/l4d_45.jpg

Just finished rebuilding the Farm map here. Removed the House and all none needed outside stuff. Added a second Barn, because I had some fun in there last night coop survival.

This map of mine plays SP survival no problem. Just been testing it out. Hope to be giving it a coop test later, if all good, can upload tomorrow or Monday I guess. Hoping to add some more sound effects yet.

Should be able to change the originals, but it would require packing them all up and uploading them I guess. Would be a big download. Happy to send anyone the details of how to do it themselves though with the beta editor.