Can You Believe it?

It's pretty funny looking over these forums and seeing posts from 3 - 4 years ago where some newbie posts and people respond: "I can't believe new people are still finding this game!" Because here it is 2009 and some newbie is posting about just getting GR. :lol:

When it first came out my PC was nowhere near good enough to run GR, now I am playing it on my 6 year old PC (how time flies)! Picked up GR Gold for $4.99 off of Amazon (used)! So far I am loving it!

I'm still trying to make it through the first mission. I just got wiped out preparing what I thought was going to be the perfect attack on the camp. Bravo sneaks up pretty close and I see a bunch of guys all huddled around the middle of the camp. I get up nice and close and they don't notice me. Switch over to Alpha to move them up close on the other side of the camp, as they start moving I hear gun fire break out like crazy. Switch back over to Bravo just in time to join the fight.. things are looking bleak. Quickly switch over the Alpha to rush in... I see dead bads guys everywhere... umm except for one who takes out all of Alpha.

I loved how 15 minutes of slow pace & sniper shots quickly turned into 2 minutes of chaos !

Edited by ziggle

Glad you're having fun! I may step away from the game from time to time but I always come back. My choice of computers tends to run toward business use and ruggedized equipment over high-powered processors and video cards for gaming - thus most of the modern games won't run on my laptop, but GR is always there. Even on a laptop running from a USB hard drive, I can still enjoy the game as much as ever.

With so many mods out there it's hard sometimes to remember what it's like to play the original missions with the original weapons. I did that around Xmas time, just plain GR/DS/IT through all three campaigns without any other mod, and then went through them again with some of my favorite mods like SPV4 and Navy Seals. Each mission has so many options for how to complete them, and the mods make for even more options....it's like GR has evolved into the never ending game.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Let us know how you're doing or msg me for info on our multi-player servers.

P@LaD!n

welcome ziggle, enjoy and as Lightspeed has informed ya...more to come..plus a ton already out there to keep your fun going..I keep tellin those punks at the game stores like Game Stop its one of the best modded games in all of gaming...but they just don't want to play it I guess..did have a guy at Walmart recently tell me he is a long time player but got bored cause he wins with a pistol only in SP..bullstuff..not Stone Bell by god..so I invite him to download a mod I made called Africa Burning and then play Mamba Dance or maybe Yard Dogs with his stupid pistol...BTW he never heard of GR.net..long time player? OK gettin off my box here...enjoy!!!

mig :ph34r:

It's pretty funny looking over these forums and seeing posts from 3 - 4 years ago where some newbie posts and people respond: "I can't believe new people are still finding this game!" Because here it is 2009 and some newbie is posting about just getting GR. :lol:

And as Whiteknight posted recently, xfire stats prove just how popular the old boy is yet, logging more gamer hours than some much more recent shooters, including it's sequels!

Even on a laptop running from a USB hard drive, I can still enjoy the game as much as ever.

Hmmm, I wonder how GR would run from a USB thumb drive? Probably pretty slow, but if not, hmmm could make for some interesting fun during lunchtime at work.

Even on a laptop running from a USB hard drive, I can still enjoy the game as much as ever.

Hmmm, I wonder how GR would run from a USB thumb drive? Probably pretty slow, but if not, hmmm could make for some interesting fun during lunchtime at work.

Well....actually.... I got in a few weeks ago an NTA network terminal client box that I purchased on Craigs List for about $10. It's basically a modernized dumb terminal, meaning it has Windows XP loaded - but on a flash ROM chip rather than a hard disk drive. One of my clients used them a couple of years ago and when we had trouble with the WAN connection being too weak to access applications (MS Office and others) via the network - I was able to load Open Office onto it via a 2 gig flash drive.

My intended project with this was originally to use it as a small footprint browser station in the kitchen so my wife could pull up recipes and check email while in the kitchen. However I've just decided to see if I can get GR loaded onto it and see how it works as as server. Chances are it'll not work as a server, but as an extra game station it's a chance.

Welcome to the forums ziggle :hi:

You know, I recently had a GR LAN session with a handful of buddies, something we like to do whenever we can get our schedules in sync, what with family and work and all.

We always play co-op only, and while we suck (seriously, we're so bad it's not even funny) we also have a blast. If we could choose just one game, regardless of hardware or other requirements, to play co-op, it would be GR. We still haven't found a game to match it (though the likes of SWAT4 are somewhat close).

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: You definately want to try out the mods: Tons of new weapons and maps, and most of them really, really good.