WhiteKnight77's new Pc

OK, here is my config for a new PC. What do y'all think? This is a bang for the buck Mach V from Falcon Northwest with a couple of changes.

ICON - Brushed Aluminum

ICON Standard Solid

Silverstone 1000Watt Strider - Modular

Asus P6T Deluxe

Intel Core i7 920 - 2.66GHz

Intel Core i7 Cooler

Crucial 6GB DDR3 1066MHz

nVidia GeForce 285GTX 1GB PCIE

CL X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion PCIE

VelociRaptor 300GB 10KRPM 16MB Cache

Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache

Lite-On 22X DVD+-RW W/Lightscribe

ATech Media Card Reader

Windows Vista Home Premium - 64 Bit

Known issues with this configuration: None

System Price: $ 3,715.94

WK, why don't you try to price out the same parts individually and I'll bet you save a cool $1K at least

The only things these days boutique system builders like Falcon may be able to do better are cabling/water cooling/over-clocking which it doesn't seem your's is o/c'd

What are your current rig specs? If you have a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or greater, I wouldn't bother upgrading now unless there is some real system hog game you want to play.

BTW, I just was at Ikea and they had a sale for 10 meatball special with potatoes and gravy for $2.99 :)

I did try to do that last fall. Newegg didn't have some of the parts I was after at that time when I was pricing parts out to build it myself. This time I decided to just buy one, even if just a bang for the buck version, which can be upgraded later if need be.

maybe its a midlife crisis thing...oh wait, you're pass it :P

pc-performance has the TJ10 case your looking for, plus the same water-cooling kit.

Well, I have ordered it.

ICON - Brushed Aluminum

ICON Window and Case Lighting - Blue

Silverstone 1000Watt Strider - Modular

Asus P6T Deluxe

Intel Core i7 920 - 2.66GHz

Intel Core i7 Cooler

Crucial 6GB DDR3 1066MHz

nVidia GeForce 285GTX 1GB PCIE

CL X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion PCIE

VelociRaptor 300GB 10KRPM 16MB Cache

Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache

Lite-On 22X DVD+-RW W/Lightscribe

ATech Media Card Reader

Windows Vista Home Premium - 64 Bit

Known issues with this configuration: None

System Price: $ 3,716.60

Price with UPS Ground $ 3,839.60

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here they are, pics of my new PC and goodies.

bigboxthumb.jpg

mv1thumb.jpg

mv2thumb.jpg

mv3thumb.jpg

mv4thumb.jpg

nameplate.jpg

desk3thumb.jpg

fwgoodiesthumb.jpg

The box the PC comes in his huge at 36"x26"X17", but it has 2 inches of space around the sides of the PC and it sits between some strong polymer between the top and bottom pieces.

It also comes with a goodie box that includes a kit for the extra cables for the PSU from Silverstone. FN includes a portfolio with a pen that lights up, manuals for the hardware, driver disks for the hardware, Windows Vista Home Premium x64 disk, a print out of how well the PC tested out, adapters for the video card along with the SLi bridge, Falcon Fuel Coffee, a coffee cup, t-shirt and a hat.

I really like the wiring. It really is neat compared to what I have done, but now I can copy what they do. It scores a 5.9 (the highest) on the Vista preformance page.

Falcon Fuel is coffee. I do not even drink coffee. LOL

This thing is way better. My old system is an AMD Athlon 3200+ XP with 1GB of RAM and a 7600 GS video card that wont even boot up right now for some reason. I need to pull a couple of drives to get files from them and put them in the new one until I can figure out why it will not boot.